The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

10% of the students protesting are legitimately upset with the decision. The other 90% are just bored and see an opportunity to riot. Its really sad the sheep mentality in action.

I normally can take a firm stance on how I feel about a story, but this one really bothers me. I feel absolutely terrible for the victims and wish them the best in the future. No amount of money or jail-time for Sandusky can compensate for what happened to them. I am dumbfounded as to how Mcqueary still has a job and wasn't fired before Paterno.

But my feelings towards what happened to Paterno conflict each other. On one hand I felt he neglected the kids who were abused by not reporting the incidence to the police. On the other hand I cant help but feel sympathy for him because of what he did for the community. He himself did not abuse the kids, and I disagree with people saying what he did was as bad as Sandusky. He did what he was legally obligated to do, he is only guilty of "questionable morality". If anything Mcqueary should have been fired first and foremost.

I havent been this interested in a story in a long time.
I had to quote this because this right here speaks so much truth. Now I'm off to bed. See you NTers in the morning. 
That third paragraph sums up exactly how I feel. 

from deadspin

Moments later, tipster Joe K. alerted us to the regrettable name of a child care center on the campus of Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon: the Joe Paterno Center. From Nike's website:
Currently Nike's Child Development Centers are providing exceptional full time, on-site care for 200 children aged six weeks to five years in our Joe Paterno Center. We also provide part-time hourly and back up care for 28 children in our Nike Tyke's Center located in the Bo Jackson Fitness Center. In partnership with parents, our inspired team of child development professionals ensures the optimal development of every child.

Good job PennState

Can't be touching little boys pee pees and getting away with it. Make him a registered sex offender and put him in bars and lock him up.

Think he was going to Wally on to the field and represent Penn State

If he was black I bet no students would be protesting.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Sooo.... follow up to that last tweet:

https://twitter.com/#!/SPORTSbyBROOKS
SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS

This is a deadly serious matter. Keep the victims in your thoughts. Cannot emphasize that enough. In your thoughts.

One key word in here sticks out to me more than any others. I hope he's not hinting at any sort of harm beyond the sexual abuse. I really, really hope that's where it ended.

Didn't someone actually get killed, like an investigator?

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Good job PennState

Can't be touching little boys pee pees and getting away with it. Make him a registered sex offender and put him in bars and lock him up.

This woke me up. Get that $*%! the !!%% out of here. We are not derailing this thread. I already warned dudes about religion and now were not bringing race into this. Race has nothing to do with this scandal. And you're so very ignorant to believe so. 

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS

This is a deadly serious matter. Keep the victims in your thoughts. Cannot emphasize that enough. In your thoughts.

One key word in here sticks out to me more than any others. I hope he's not hinting at any sort of harm beyond the sexual abuse. I really, really hope that's where it ended.

The DA is dead. Laptop is fried. Too much of a coincidence to not link the DAs death and the Sandusky case.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

-Ran back to my dorm in West Halls to meet my roommate to go to the riots
Why are you disgusted? Did you not know what a "riot" is? 

-Ran back to my dorm in West Halls to meet my roommate to go to the riots

I am sorry but this had me
laugh.gif
which quickly into
30t6p3b.gif
in a matter of seconds.

Meet my roommate to go to the riots.  LOL.  Silly kids.

The DA is dead. Laptop is fried. Too much of a coincidence to not link the DAs death and the Sandusky case.
Especially with the police report, Sandusky was a shady character stalking the witness with the last incident in that report

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Good job PennState

Joe Paterno did not touch anyone. Why would he be as a registered sex offender? Damn your an idiot

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Especially with the police report, Sandusky was a shady character stalking the witness with the last incident in that report
I read something where they said he called one victims house and cell phone like 40 times in two hours. This dude is an awful human being

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Didnt the DA also brought down a big heroin ring around the time he let Sandusky off the hook? I'm more willing to put money on the drug dealers being involved in his disappearance than Sandusky.

Regardless, I still hope nothing worse happened to anyone than the sexual assaults. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Can't believe they let him break the record before they leaked all this out
30t6p3b.gif
well I actually can believe it...they didn't want Eddie to keep that record for w/e reason aka I'm not going there

You're really reaching if you think the missing DA could be related to this. The guy disapeared seven years after the Sandusky incident. Secondly, the man did searches on his home computer regarding water damage to computers and how to wreck a harddrive before he vanished, so the laptop being fried is a moot point.

Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist 2002

You're really reaching if you think the missing DA could be related to this. The guy disapeared seven years after the Sandusky incident. Secondly, the man did searches on his home computer regarding water damage to computers and how to wreck a harddrive before he vanished, so the laptop being fried is a moot point.

didnt the missing DA drop a case involving sandusky ? it says in the gj report. dude was probably dirty as %$!@ and fried the hd, dipped to mexico, and thats that. who knows what was on that hd. whatever it was he didnt want anyone to see it. 

Could have did more. Should of did more. He could have help put this issue to rest a while back. Good guy but for him to let this go under the radar is unacceptable.

Those students you see talking are our future co-workers, bosses and politicians. You gotta love the ignorance and lack of accountability we're continuing to head in to.

And as you saw, that 1 student on ESPN who felt the board made the right decision was the minority. Just 1.

The right becoming wrong.

I'm very interested in those SPORTSbyBROOKS tweets, wonder what might, if anything will, come out of that.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist 2002

didnt the missing DA drop a case involving sandusky ? it says in the gj report. dude was probably dirty as %$!@ and fried the hd, dipped to mexico, and thats that. who knows what was on that hd. whatever it was he didnt want anyone to see it. 

Yes, he declined to prosecute. To clarify, my previous comments were in regards to there being a link between his vanishing and Sandusky.

Originally Posted by bkmac

I'm very interested in those SPORTSbyBROOKS tweets, wonder what might, if anything will, come out of that.

My guess? Current or former players have come forward and...well you figure it out.

Maybe it's because I went to school in a bigger city, but I'm still flat out amazed by the lengths Joe Paterno was coddled at Penn State. My jaw dropped after I heard the reaction from the "press" last night when the BOT was speaking. I just can't wrap my mind around the fact as to how much Joe Paterno was protected within the confines of Penn State. It's not like I haven't been around a living legend....shoot, Lou Carnesecca was still a huge presence on campus even after his retirement. I guess that's who I have to comare to Paterno, but NYC media is VASTLY different from that in State College. If anything like this happened while Lou was coaching, best believe the NY media would have raked Lou over the coals. This dude, Paterno is in a dream-world. It's almost like an alternate universe. How does he (and those who support him) not understand the magnitude of the situation at hand? This is what is so infuriating to me. I've lost ALL respect for Joe Paterno. All of it. Records and football be damned....these were CHILDREN. SMH.

*Also, as it was said last night....why don't these students who "rioted," aim some of their anger towards Sandusky? He's out on bail and still living in close proximity to the school. He single-handedly brought down a storied football program, school, and biggest of all...RUINED lives. But nope, let's raise hell on Joe Pa's behalf.
30t6p3b.gif
The anger is TOTALLY misguided and it goes to show how out of touch some people are in that part of state.

#Joe Paternity tests will prove he his NOT your real grandfather/father, so stop treating him like one and realize he *#$$$@ up, big time.

I'm hearing about another big allegation that is about to come out; for the love of god...if they killed Ray Gricar (the missing DA) then I don't even know what to say; I will in my life for the first time wish I never went to Penn State. I followed that case so closely because I was a student in 2005; never did I think 6 years later I would find out this could potentially be linked.

Back
Top Bottom