The Power of Confidence

How much of success is based on confidence?

Can the aura of confidence really register with people, and in turn present you with more opportunities?

How can you become more consistently confident?

Discuss.

Last edited:
Sure you have to be confident, but when I think of success I think of knowing the right people and being in the right place at the right time.

And more times than not I've noticed a lot of people view confidence of self as being cocky and can rub an individual the wrong way.

Last edited:
- Strong handshake

- Be genuine / honest -- don't lie or keep up a front

- Be interesting -- always learn new things / hobbies / interests

- Be physically attractive -- work out / lift / cardio

- Dress well

- Eating the booty will increase confidence too

Last edited:
Listen to a cam album. Problem solved.

But seriously, confidence is damn near life a drug and is powerful and infectious. Most people are insecure deep down, which is why they flock to confidence, it has a promising attribute that everything will be ok in the end, it appears that there's a plan and purpose.

Chris webber said something about confidence that really resonated with me: "when you lack confidence in a situation, the only thing you can think about is what can go wrong. A so-so shooter was being iced at the line and cweb went on to say that icing players is effective because time was the shooter's enemy.

Confidence is convincing. Even tho people may label it negatively, more than likely, they secretly respect it.

Confidence can sell ice to an Eskimo and water to a well. When you have the right confidence meaning in knowledge and in purpose you will be great without question.

Confidence in looks,money,materials things etc is not really confidence. it's living up to the things you posses and the image you think it represents.
I never met someone who was confident in there purpose, that wasn't once successful in there perception of success. It's hard to obtain.

Along with patience & persistence, confidence is one of the building blocks to success IMO.

When you're confident, you're assertive. You know you're the man so you do what you want & take what you want when you want. People see this & view you as a leader & since most people are internally insecure, they flock to you.

You can't be ostentatious about it though because that's when confidence becomes cockiness & no one likes cocky. It has to be subtle & you have to exude it by the way you talk, walk, dress, look, etc.

Meaning you're not going around bragging about superficial **** or talking about yourself at all for that matter... It should radiate from you like a Super Saiyan's aura, b.

Last edited:
I'm 24, turning 25 in a few months. Really need to change the way I perceive things and increasing confidence is priority. In on this thread

Once you understand the concept that the way you perceive yourself is not how everyone else perceives you, youll learn to disregard your inhibitions.
confidence is built through experience as well. Think about something you did for the first time that scared you...roller coaster....a backflip maybe....do it enough times and its nothing.

dont sleep on flattery either...itll get u places
just dont go overboard and suck up.
Flattery works on everyone. The trick is to figure out what flavor of flattery suits each person. Sometimes it's simply agreeing with someone's opinions. Sometimes it's being flirtatious. Sometimes it's making a show of being subordinate. Sometimes it's directly including someone in jokes. Sometimes it's asking questions or for advice. Sometimes it's just noticing someone.

Flattery works on everyone. It's best not to admit that openly, but if you're doing it right, people can know your plan and still not be able to stop you, because they won't want to.

Last edited:
Just the thread I needed. I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow, second round. I can honestly say that I am confident in my abilities and selling myself but I never want this to come off as cocky or over-confident, especially in this setting.

P4L thanks

Just the thread I needed. I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow, second round. I can honestly say that I am confident in my abilities and selling myself but I never want this to come off as cocky or over-confident, especially in this setting.

P4L thanks
That's a coincidence I've got a career fair tomorrow actually 
laugh.gif

Hope your interview went well

Back
Top Bottom