the thread about nothing...

Joined Mar 19, 2013
Didn’t play much. It hurst a lot. Feels like it’s inflammation in my tendon. Going to a physio this weeekend. Hoping for the best
Damn :frown:

Well whatever you do, don’t soak your foot in hot water or anything hot. It will make things worse. Go with cold water/ice packs instead.

Reactions: jjs
Joined Apr 18, 2013
my girl's not into shoes. i mean i bought her a pair of vans but that's it. although that's the case, she told me dozens of times that she liked my chicago OG low 1s. so when i helped her buy a pair of internationalists in the chicago colorway, she liked it a lot lol

Screenshot_20191106-064735~2.png

jjs

Joined Feb 4, 2012
Damn :frown:

Well whatever you do, don’t soak your foot in hot water or anything hot. It will make things worse. Go with cold water/ice packs instead.
Word? I thought hot was also helping to reduce inflammation.

Anyway definitely going with cold

Joined Mar 19, 2013
Word? I thought hot was also helping to reduce inflammation.

Anyway definitely going with cold
The cold is what brings down inflammation, most all athletes do this. See boxers, b-ball players etc...

The heat can ease pain but complicates the healing process. Words from my old chiropractor :emoji_thumbsup:

Hope you feel better. Hope I fair okay tomorrow, will be spending extra time stretching before I go to the gym.

Joined Mar 10, 2011
I havent had fun playing basketball since may. I havent been the same player either, I can't score on anyone anymore. I've been benched in all rec leagues and basically run lines because I don't get the ball. I used to be pretty good

Basketball used to be a place for me where I could forget all my problems. Now all the stress is eating at me alive and I can't run from it.

Really hoping I can fix my problems so I can start having fun again and also play ball at the level i know I'm capable of

Joined Apr 5, 2012
you getting old? i retired from hoops this year. It’s really not fun anymore to have to play at 75% to be careful to not get hurt and be a mediocre player. Used to feel like i was always the best player in the gym whether it was true or not but that relentless of attack had the game exciting

Joined Apr 16, 2005
lol if you were the best player or one of the best on the court, you aren't a mediocre player when you at play 75%

kdawg

Staff member
Joined Jun 25, 2003
Should I watch Community or Parks and Recreation? I have an itching to watch something like The Office.
They’re both good but Parks and Rec is better IMO - the first season is a bit weird but then they worked out what they were doing and tweaked the characters. It’s similar to the office in that it’s funny and there are some stupid characters but also people you like and want to be happy.

alchemist iq

Supporter
Joined May 12, 2008
Some cat said he was "the best player on the court" at my local 24hr fitness. Yelled it out to everyone. He got mad at me cause I didn't pick him up on a locked up 5 squad I assembled.

He then later came my way to trash talk in my ear , and challenged me to a 1-1 matchup.

Me:
Screenshot_20191104-223819.png

.....After the so called "best player on the court" picked up his bookbag and went home after I smoked him.

Joined Mar 19, 2018
Prostitution has a lot of layers lol. There are a lot of what appear to be normal relationships that are unspoken prostitution agreements imo. I don’t care if it is exclusive, if it is not genuine love or attraction and one person is there for the tangible benefits and the other is there for the physical benefits, it’s a prostitution agreement. Just long term and buried under. All kinds of fluff. It still is what it is tho

Top Bottom