the thread about nothing...

faje364gyf2b1.jpg

I hate these videos - that’s not how color vision works and those glasses don’t really do much - they certainly don’t make colorblind people suddenly see things the way others do.
Can your eyes get sunburnt?

I noticed when I went back to working days outside my eyes were burning the first week and red. I looked like towley from south park.

Nothing to do with the post but I know you’re a doctor.

Can your eyes get sunburnt?

I noticed when I went back to working days outside my eyes were burning the first week and red. I looked like towley from south park.

Nothing to do with the post but I know you’re a doctor.

Yeah, you can get photokeratitis which is basically that. It’s common with welding with the wrong gear - happens very quickly after looking at the very bright light and is painful - but it can also happen after just being in strong sunlight for a long time - skiers get it commonly - and gives less severe symptoms.

Good sunglasses is the key. The standard for 100% UV protection isn’t actually 100 - it’s 90something and then you’re allowed to call them 100% (yeah, crazy). UVA is more important because that penetrates further into your eyes, increasing the risk of a lot of eye conditions, but UVB is absorbed by your cornea and that’s what gives you that sort of achy feeling at the end of a day outside.

Good sunglasses lenses are actually 100% protective and you definitely feel the difference if you’re working all day outside. I know Oakley are like that - when they say 100 they mean 100 - and there will be others. Cheaper ones aren’t nearly as good and it tends to be on the UVB part so you still get that feeling to an extent using them.

It was borderline painful, and they were watering like crazy. I think it probably was that since you explained it. I went from working in the dark to outside 8 hours a day in the sun.

I’ll look for some glasses that fit the bill. A lot of guys do wear oakleys now that you mention it.

Thanks for the help. :pimp:

So basically dude was acting?

Probably. It’s not like turning on the color on your tv all of a sudden - at the best they can provide a little separation in the colors that are hard to differentiate. That won’t provide color vision but will allow some people to see more difference between eg red and green that they have trouble with.

I found myself searching for vintage gear and pins from the 96 Atlanta Olympics. Been itching to buy the SC Trainers inspired by the event, but resell…sheesh! Might bite soon smh.
But I forgot how dope some of this stuff was!!!
We were collecting pins like they were really going to worth something lol. Kinda surprised to see so much available.
5FBDF389-5778-45F8-8C2D-C89559004B76.jpeg
C67D7F0E-72A1-4CB6-BDB2-997DEB00C31F.jpeg
8BD6D33F-EF88-42CF-8A35-782CAF0D737F.jpeg
653736B2-AD39-4B92-B8D5-1506805E8963.jpeg
AC465E86-2AFC-43F9-A4DD-0ED5CC6E25B1.jpeg

I found myself searching for vintage gear and pins from the 96 Atlanta Olympics. Been itching to buy the SC Trainers inspired by the event, but resell…sheesh! Might bite soon smh.
But I forgot how dope some of this stuff was!!!
We were collecting pins like they were really going to worth something lol. Kinda surprised to see so much available.

I passed on so much cool vintage stuff from the thrift stores, I had to though. I didn’t want the public to see me as one of those Trump folk, lol. I’m half Mexican half Guatemalan so what do I look like rocking that gear in that political climate 😂

Back
Top Bottom