The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

He sure does but anybody minding his accessories is an idiot for giving it to him. :lol:

It blows my mind that the watch episode is a thing.

Posting to remind me later to post my watches.

BUT ON TOPIC - OBJ earns approximately $20 mill a year from football, and $5 mill plus per year from endorsements (including Nike), meaning the RM watch is in the ballpark of around 1/125th of his yearly pre-tax income. I have a couple of watches that come in around that mark that I'd not even worry about wearing for sports, and I don't think I have the opportunity of being sponsored by the manufacturers/getting a PE made!

i didnt read the article but i saw him wear RM just like nadal and other tennis players but i am surprised the nfl has no rules about wearing in a contact sport

i know they can wear jewelry like necklaces but a watch (particularly RM) is a huge, bulky object

The Bell & Ross BR 05 Watch Collection
/QUOTE]

So I don't love this B&R, but the Skeleton version is pretty nice. Taking this opportunity to show the bulk of my collection.
IMG_20190912_1609280.jpg

https://mrjoneswatches.com/ "The Last Laugh Tattoo XL", and a Citizen Ecodrive Chronograph.
IMG_20190912_1610218.jpg
Triple of Gshock, including a Step Counter, one of the "Seven Lucky Gods", and one of the Limited Edition 35yr anniversary Glacier collection.
IMG_20190912_1611017.jpg

Bulova Computron reissue, and Gshock Full Metal Gold.
IMG_20190912_1612339.jpg

Bell and Ross BR03 Phantom, and Bell and Ross BR V2-93 GMT.
IMG_20190912_1613203.jpg

More detail of the Phantom. Love this piece.
IMG_20190912_1613393.jpg

GMT on the wrist. Set to UK time, and Boston time.

i didnt read the article but i saw him wear RM just like nadal and other tennis players but i am surprised the nfl has no rules about wearing in a contact sport

i know they can wear jewelry like necklaces but a watch (particularly RM) is a huge, bulky object

That’s not the biggest or bulkiest RM and this is one of the toughest contact sports, and RM is not going to cause a concussion, broken leg, or torn ligament.

That’s not the biggest or bulkiest RM and this is one of the toughest contact sports, and RM is not going to cause a concussion, broken leg, or torn ligament.

i get that but freak accidents happen all the time so who know

and swinging that wrist with the size and strength of these guys could cause some damage to exposed body parts, a cut or something

there are worst things and bigger impact with 200+ lbs dude smashing at each other at full speed but why even risk it?

thats just how i see it, its just unnecessary and i am surprised the nfl doesnt have those rules in place to begin with

I’m sure wearing the RM was nothing more then advertising showing how wearable and durable it is.

At only 20 grams I highly doubt it could do any damage to anyone besides OBJ bank account.

21089065-6E2D-4C39-9AD0-5EB763ACA576.jpeg

Tudor all black bb Chrono looks great. Nice alternative to omega dsom. Probably won’t be easy to get but will definitely grab one if I can.

960x0.jpg

Looks like a Daytona hooked up with a DSOTM. It's clean though. :smokin Please don't be PVD... it is. :/

Last edited:
Hey all, I didn't know there was a watch thread in here. Besides my love of sneakers, I also am a bit of a "watch guy" as well. Got lots of different ones at home (pushing over 20 and all chronographs). Nothing too high brand (until this Christmas, more to come in a moment). Some Citizens Eco-Drives, 2 Oakley chronos, a few Invictas, Victorinox, and I even got a few micro brands I backed on Kickstarter (Straton watches are really nice as are Liv). But this past Christmas, my wife outdid herself. Never expected it, never even guessed it. Saw the box wrapped and had ZERO CLUE! Opened it up and this is what it was!

IMG_20181225_094149.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!! I actually got emotional about it and started to get tears in my eyes! My dream watch is and always will be a Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf Calibre 11 50th anniversary model. But I can't spend $5k on a watch. But I saw this coming out around fall of 2018 and showed it to her. I'm a car guy, I sell cars, love cars, am a HUGE Steve McQueen fan and an even bigger Gulf Racing fan. My dream car is a 2006 Ford GT in Heritage paint.

So when is saw this, I was FLOORED!! Now, it's the Formula 1 which is a lot less $$$ but it's still a mid $1k watch. I told her it's too much but she said I bought her a big engagement ring and matching band so she wanted me to have a nice watch. I wear it every day (though I changed the band as the factory band gave way already around the buckle, bummer). I love this thing and I can tell it's made well (accidentally knocked it against something and not a scratch). Sadly I don't want to not wear it so I can wear my others, so they sit in my watch box. I'll have to take a photo of all my watches together and post them one day soon.

they saying the richie obj wearing is fake lol

cant blame em' ..trying to get a endorsement deal while pushing the fake so a real one isn't destroyed on field

Back
Top Bottom