The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

underrated
21CA8383-5CC4-48A0-8C56-59A92E6FDF91.jpeg

timex released a new 36mm Q but goddamn they got to stop making these smaller ones for women, i actually like these ones better than the 38mm with the raised index but the navy dials the only one wearable for men, will probably get that one once on sale

1618881236660.png

1618881326689.png

1618881336163.png

I'm really feeling the new 226570 - white explorer 2.

Would someone with no prior AD experience/purchase history actually have a chance getting one for retail?

i think so if you're patient, hype is still pretty high right now despite it not changing for the 50th but at the end of the day its still one of the lesser popular of the sport watches, a year from now then you might be able to get your hands in one

theres just not guarantee though, i never would have guessed the daytona would $40k but here we are where in the end of the year it doesnt seem so far fetch for it to reach $100k

definitely getting this but with jubilee
Photo by Hodinkee Japan / 時計メディア on April 19, 2021. May be an image of wrist watch.

I personally feel like this with jubilee would be a bit too much.
I like it on oyster though. The jubilee face and bezel offer enough dimension to not have to go jubilee here.

im going full blown gaudy on that one so its gon' be on a jubilee for sure and then its easy enough to get a leather strap for it where it would look great as well, also not the biggest fan of the pcl

funny enough i texted two ADs to keep me in mind for those DJ36s and both didnt even hesitate and said "they got me" but response to an Exp1 was vastly different :lol:

if you want the black dial , most likely

its not readily available on jomashop but they only got it marked up for a couple of hundreds so that bodes well for those wanting it for retail or maybe at a slight disco if you're good

^ thanks

I emailed a few ADs within my vicinity and was given the run-around. I suppose I’ll go check out some dealers in person once I get my second shot.

almost anything can be restored, it just depend on your funds

if it was my grandpas sub, id get ir restored with og parts for sure and keep passing it along the generations, like i wouldnt even alter much from it, maybe a new crystal, bezel insert and have the movement working again

i dont look into vintage much so i cant help with price but if you can remove the bracelet, you can check the serial number on the case and see what year it was from then you might be able to google prices for those exact subs in varying conditions

So I found my late grandfather's Rolex. How much is this worth? I'm not familiar with watches at all. And can this be restored?
IMG_20210423_151908.jpg
I was thinking of letting it go as I don't really wear it, but I'm not sure yet.
Personally my only concern would be getting it running so you could wear it. I wouldn’t restore because imo the patina adds to the character. It being your grandfathers is worth more than any dollar amount.

Back
Top Bottom