The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

help us out, not even asking for disco but just retail
We’ll see. Was promised a sub with date 1 month wait

my girl knows manager and spoke to her. Quicker than I expected but if that call comes it’s on

CSO at my old company called his AD for another guy we worked with to get him a new date sub, and got it the next day. Hes worth 8 figures though and has spent some money there needless to say. He liked it so much in hand that he ended up keeping it for himself. :lol:

help us out, not even asking for disco but just retail
First time I ever met her, think she’s really gonna help me out. She suggested to get a Batman but I’m not a fan, she said it was in the safe

she also mentioned that “they can track when watches are sold due to warranty card” obviously that’s BS but I think k she was trying to scare me out of selling any watches to make a profit. Mainly she said that because Rolex will see a watch from Michigan end up in California or elsewhere and how they can penalize the dealer

yah they definitely cant track it via warranty card unless they send it out for service but even then they dont really care much unless its reported stolen

its not like you register it like with cartier if you want that 8 year warranty then it might be possible but even then the warranty follows the watch, not the buyer

the rolex warranty card doesnt even get your name on it anymore, its scanned to register that its sold and thats it, so the original owner doesnt stick on the card anymore

so unless the card is so high tech or there is a signal on each of the watches that pings when there's a cell tower or near an AD store and then theres an app that tells you there's a rolex nearby then i dont even know why or how they'll be able to tell "oh, this watch was bought in NY, why is it in CA?" :lol:

the rolex warranty card doesnt even get your name on it anymore, its scanned to register that its sold and thats it, so the original owner doesnt stick on the card anymore

for real? aside from paying msrp, this was one of my main reasons for wanting to buy from an AD

they still write the date of purchase but yah, the purchasers name and the store you bought it from aren't written anymore which does kind of suck, i like having my name on the warranty card but i also dont sell so its one of those cool things i could pass down through generations

yah they definitely cant track it via warranty card unless they send it out for service but even then they dont really care much unless its reported stolen

its not like you register it like with cartier if you want that 8 year warranty then it might be possible but even then the warranty follows the watch, not the buyer

so unless the card is so high tech or there is a signal on each of the watches that pings when there's a cell tower or near an AD store and then theres an app that tells you there's a rolex nearby then i dont even know why or how they'll be able to tell "oh, this watch was bought in NY, why is it in CA?" :lol:

yea she was trying to think I was a newb or reselling. I did ask for a Kermit, would be tempted to resell and just get a black sub with date for free basically but I don’t think she would ever let me grab 2 watches that quick and not know something up

metal

F929A9AF-A235-4FC4-B2C4-0395312DDBBB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom