The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

i thought the caseback is stainless steel?

titanium tends to fused together when screwed from what i understand

i thought the caseback is stainless steel?

titanium tends to fused together when screwed from what i understand
I doubt it would be stainless steel against a titanium case especially on a dive watch. That would cause a dissimilar metal corrosion between the two when introduced with an electrolyte (water). Most likely its titanium as well.

Most titanium watches do come with a stainless steel caseback to prevent pitting but maybe they bypass this by using grade 2 instead of grade 5? Grade 2 is pure titanium whereas grade 5 is an alloy with a high titanium percentage.

Although you can't see the difference in metal on wrist I just like the idea of uniformity in the case materials.

7F9ACE6C-C961-42F3-8A9D-60529F71A2CD.jpeg

i could be wrong but the sub has so many copies/homages that most probably dont bither with it, like 9 out if 10 times they look like a sub from 20feet away but its actually an invicta or oris :lol:

not to mention that resale on it isnt the most insane

subs also has polished cases that gleams from a distance

i dont know maybe im trying to convince myself that i wont have to risk my lofe by getting one :rofl:

I was at a restaurant in Newport Beach recently wearing my 114060 and a waitress said, "it's nice to see a man wearing a regular watch nowadays."
Thanks?

she’s probably seeing most people wear smartwatches these days

and yeah, im all the way in on the pelagos39 and its awesome that the extra rubber strap it comes in has those metal endlinks

I was at a restaurant in Newport Beach recently wearing my 114060 and a waitress said, "it's nice to see a man wearing a regular watch nowadays."
Thanks?
:lol: was she older?

She most def meant something like an Apple Watch or android watch

One of the reasons I wanted a timepiece was because I am tired of wearing my Apple Watch everywhere. And no, I can’t just “take it off and not wear it” cause that tan line bad af.

I enjoy my Apple Watch.. but am so happy I have an actual timepiece to wear and disconnect a bit more when I want. :pimp:

Any tips on how to pierce through the snobbery at a Rolex AD? I stopped by one today to register my interest for a datejust and was told that they only work with folks with a Rolex purchase history from one of the Tourneau brands. After inquiring about how I go about building purchase history, the rep smiled and said that maybe I should look at other watch brands... The experience makes me second guess about purchasing a Rolex, but I love their models.

damn, thats cold

good sales associate, even those without a watch to sell, should never have to act that way

my suggestion is bring your business elsewhere, find an associate/store that will treat you like a human being and go with them, not all of them are terrible people

Any tips on how to pierce through the snobbery at a Rolex AD? I stopped by one today to register my interest for a datejust and was told that they only work with folks with a Rolex purchase history from one of the Tourneau brands. After inquiring about how I go about building purchase history, the rep smiled and said that maybe I should look at other watch brands... The experience makes me second guess about purchasing a Rolex, but I love their models.
Tbh

I was a “Rolex one day” guy until I started looking into all this.. wait lists and phone calls and “you have 48 hours or it’s gone” nonsense .. I thought raffles for sneakers were bad. Yeesh.

I understand supply and demand and this is the best way to do it.. but I can’t imagine the snobbery you’d experience as someone buying their first Rolex and wanting something decent.

To be fair, Tourneau is probably the worst AD in the country.

Spent the better part of the past couple of months trying to find a decent deal on a yellow gold Daytona. Wanted an older reference as I really dislike the directional bezel on the newer references. Ended up working out a deal for my DD40 plus some cash for this PN dial the other day. Couldn't be happier as my DD40 has just been collecting dust and this particular unit has a new buckle and is unpolished (the majority of these have old buckles and look like they have sat in a microwave with how rounded the lugs are due to overpolishing).

300436404_6118193501529565_5518041565186817416_n.jpg

The snobbery. That dude is up himself and hes a sales assistant in a store.

Get one from somewhere else, go back and tell him to go f himself.

Went back into Omega today, nice people, i’ll be getting the first terracotta Aqua Terra that comes into store, hopefully December.

So bling.

Sounds like you went to a trash spot

Never had this experience. Mine, everyone nice AF

Back
Top Bottom