The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

How do those with the moon watch feel about the collab?

i think its cool. i'd like to get one at retail, but i don't live near any Swatch store. the speedy was my first big watch purchase, so i've always appreciated variations of the aesthetic. while i think Omega does wayyyyy too many special editions, mine speedy pro is over 30 years old, so its still very unique.

I was debating the moon watch as something nice but I could still wear certain places

but I definitely want to pick up one of the moonswatches.. but it makes me less inclined to want the actual moon watch or any of the speedmasters

i was already leaning more towards the 300m.. but I’d grab the moon swatch and swap out the band

honestly, the way they went about the moonswatch annoyed me, they treated the customers like they were dumb with all these dumb reasons and excuses when all they really just got to do is release the damn thing and be done with all the bs

dont tell me this is a way to bring people in when 1000 resellers are lining up outside getting into fights and stabbing people for 200 watches

dont deny it is about simply making money and disguise it as some ploy to get the young kids into omega early and 20 years from now theyre gon want a real mooswatch... no one believing that bs long game sh*t

and just simply sell it everywhere, flood the market, make it available online for everyone instead of doing this exclusivity thing

if this was readily available and its one of those things where i can buy all colors id go drop that much money and its not to resell, mostly because thats just how ive been (got to get all XI cw that drop) but offer it to me now and even at a discount and id probably pass because the shenanigans has sapped my interest and excitement for the watch

i love seeing people get them and enjoy (because why would i be mad at people getting something they want?) but its just not for me anymore and i dont like how they handled it and how they operate and also kind of dented my view of omega by association

I definitely wouldn’t go out of my way to pick 1 up.. there is no omega or swatch I’m paying over retail for

but to me it diminishes what I would do on the high end of things.. I’m less inclined to actually go out and purchase a speedy

but to me it diminishes what I would do on the high end of things.. I’m less inclined to actually go out and purchase a speedy

its hard to tell now because i got my speedy before they released but if i hadnt id probably go for the moonswatch first and there was a good chance id settle for it and just try and get more colors and then move on to the other watches in my list

That’s the thing.. with the moon swatch being out there id rather just put whatever I would have spent on that towards something else

of like with me I was trying decide between couple omegas and maybe certain breitlings to pick 1 watch, that definitely move the speedys out to me

Damn, I forgot how bad it is to wear nice watches in a lot of places these days. Luckily, I live in the burbs, so it isn’t really a concern for me, at least where I am. Idk if it matters, but I don’t wear any designer clothing, unless you consider Stone Island, so I’m pretty unassuming.

Went to my AD to ask how her trip was to watches and wonders- she said her favorite rolex at the show was the gold GMT and overall was the new cartier skeleton (i wish they carried it locally). She said to expect my snoopy by september which is quicker than i expected.

I asked for the baloon op41, she said i could have it instead of the snoopy, but not both.

Went to my AD to ask how her trip was to watches and wonders- she said her favorite rolex at the show was the gold GMT and overall was the new cartier skeleton (i wish they carried it locally). She said to expect my snoopy by september which is quicker than i expected.

I asked for the baloon op41, she said i could have it instead of the snoopy, but not both.

What was the reasoning for not both? Waitlists?

im not sure with his AD but a lot of ADd kind of pushes uou to the back of the line of priority once you get one from your list

they do have to cater to their other clients too but it probably varies too if youve spent $100k on jewelry in the store then theres a good chance youd keep getting pushed forward

but his AD really values him to be able to even get either one without much fuss

Yeah she said that going forward its only 1 big watch a year for clients- we do have a very strong relationship there with huge spends.

But i will take the snoopy and not be upset, but i do want both hah

NTers: found a 216570 polar from 2017, top condition, unpolished, B+P for €9.5...but I'm also - going on 2 years - on the waiting list for the same watch, which is currently €9.5 retail.

Thoughts??

Yeah she said that going forward its only 1 big watch a year for clients- we do have a very strong relationship there with huge spends.

But i will take the snoopy and not be upset, but i do want both hah

Yea my Rolex guy basically told me I could somewhat get whatever but each head guy is restricted to like 1 per year.. cause I was checking in on couple models but he told me he could get me straight but had to be 1 per basis

That gold jubilee is speaking to me.. not in a rush to get a gold Rolex butttttttttttttt

hell I ain’t big on two tone watches, but this hitting

1680807227009.png

I haven’t spent ridiculous but got a good connection.. More an allocation thing

ive had 3 Rolexes all from the same AD, still have 2.. but only my batgirl recently

My AD did say she cant sell me 2 stainless steel Rolexes in the same month. I gotta wait a bit (4-6 weeks). She told me this after I picked up my most recent one.

I only buy stainless steel though for now.

Back
Top Bottom