The way Phillies fans celebrate their victories APPRECIATION!

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

lol @ the first vid. did dude break his arm???

don't worry, even with one arm, he'll be back jumping on cabs in no time.

laugh.gif

Chris Russo (Mad Dog) said this, and I know he's a clown, but it makes sense. "Phillies fans are new to baseball."

Think about it.

Originally Posted by marath0n

roll.gif
roll.gif

I <3 Caucasians.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
word

Real talk if that was in SoCal after the Angels or Lakers won... and some dude was jumping on my car.... I'd take off too and won't feel sorry for thedude if he hit his head
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jerry Everyday

I LOVE MY CITY.

We are passionate about our sports team. Plain and simple.
You're proud of that?

There's so much South Philly scum and idiot college kids that just go there and get wasted. They aren't sports fans.

And for the ones who are sports fans, Philadelphians are the most fickle, nonsensical, bandwagon fans around. I don't recall all these Phillies fans about5 years ago.

4wrestling wrote:

I LOVE MY CITY.

You're proud of that?

There's so much South Philly scum and idiot college kids that just go there and get wasted. They aren't sports fans.

And for the ones who are sports fans, Philadelphians are the most fickle, nonsensical, bandwagon fans around. I don't recall all these Phillies fans about 5 years ago.

4W, as one of the 17 NTers who still watches wrestling, I respect what you do weekly in the wrestling forum and as an NTer in general.

I say that to say this, your generalization of Philadelphia sports fans is off base. It's your opinion and that's fine but being a sports fan fromPhiladelphia, I feel you don't really understand the way we work. We have strong love/hate relationships with all of our teams.

Fickle is the last thing I would call Philadelphia fans. Do we get disheartened and frustrated more quickly than most fans? Yes. Do we boo and complainabout how our teams suck and we won't support those bums anymore? Yes. Do we ever actually mean it? Hell no. We piss, we moan, and we make all thesethreats, but we're there every game, every year. Just the type of people we are.

I was there when the Eagles were led by Bobby Hoying and were in the cellar. I was there when the Sixers were the laughing stock of the NBA. Jefffreakin' Hornacek was our leading scorer. Same with the Phillies and the Flyers. I don't know who you are around but everyone in my family andeveryone I know is the same way.

The nonsensical fans you talk about are there in every sports francise. I'm in DC and I know dudes who think the Skins are still gonna win the NFC Eastand go to the Super Bowl. Same with your beloved Yankees. You wanna talk about nonsensical...the Yankees should be working on their 14th World Serieschampionship according to some of the Yankees fans I know.

And I don't know really know how you can be a bandwagon fan of your hometown team but bandwagon fans are just commonplace in sports.

I can agree with the college kids who just come around to get wasted but as a native South Philadelphian, I take offense to the "scum" comment. Butits all good.

Damn, that was long winded...cliffnotes:
I like you, but you got us all wrong.

I probably should be offended by all this talk, but luckily I don't give a %++*, so I'll live on. My hat is still red, my P is still white, and theWorld Series patch remains on the side...

Originally Posted by hugebird

I probably should be offended by all this talk, but luckily I don't give a %++*, so I'll live on. My hat is still red, my P is still white, and the World Series patch remains on the side...

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

4wrestling wrote:

I LOVE MY CITY.

You're proud of that?

And for the ones who are sports fans, Philadelphians are the most fickle, nonsensical, bandwagon fans around. I don't recall all these Phillies fans about 5 years ago.

4W, as one of the 17 NTers who still watches wrestling, I respect what you do weekly in the wrestling forum and as an NTer in general.

I say that to say this, your generalization of Philadelphia sports fans is off base. It's your opinion and that's fine but being a sports fan from Philadelphia, I feel you don't really understand the way we work. We have strong love/hate relationships with all of our teams.

Fickle is the last thing I would call Philadelphia fans. Do we get disheartened and frustrated more quickly than most fans? Yes. Do we boo and complain about how our teams suck and we won't support those bums anymore? Yes. Do we ever actually mean it? Hell no. We piss, we moan, and we make all these threats, but we're there every game, every year. Just the type of people we are.

I was there when the Eagles were led by Bobby Hoying and were in the cellar. I was there when the Sixers were the laughing stock of the NBA. Jeff freakin' Hornacek was our leading scorer. Same with the Phillies and the Flyers. I don't know who you are around but everyone in my family and everyone I know is the same way.

The nonsensical fans you talk about are there in every sports francise. I'm in DC and I know dudes who think the Skins are still gonna win the NFC East and go to the Super Bowl. Same with your beloved Yankees. You wanna talk about nonsensical...the Yankees should be working on their 14th World Series championship according to some of the Yankees fans I know.

And I don't know really know how you can be a bandwagon fan of your hometown team but bandwagon fans are just commonplace in sports.

I can agree with the college kids who just come around to get wasted but as a native South Philadelphian, I take offense to the "scum" comment. But its all good.

Sorry, my 'scum' comment was stereotypical.

While I will continue to hate Philadelphia fans (minus the all 37 true Sixers fans), I hatred is no doubt influenced being a Yankees and Giants fans living inPhiladelphia.

However, don't tell me that you guys don't mean it when you boo. If it was up to the fans, McNabb would have been driven out of town years ago. Hell,you guys were ready to can Charlie Manuel not too long ago.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

You're proud of that?

I was born and raised in South Philly. I've been cheering alongside my older brother who is also a die hard fan Philly. I remember all thepitfalls of the Eagles (Ricky Watters For What? For Who? incident, the Sixers and Manute Bol nailing 6 3 pointers, Trading Barkley for Tim Perry and a bunch ofJohnny comelatelys, the flyers and Eric Lindros's father. I've been through it all with my city.

I do understand your statement about those college idiots who I think aren't even from Philadelphia but since they go to school here act like they know thesports history of this city. Bandwagon fans are everywhere. You can't avoid them.

Fickle and nonsensical? Not really. Do we boo our own team when they aren't performing up to par? YES your are supposed to. Do we hate them? Heck NO.It's just how things are here.

Scum? Most definitely not.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

4wrestling wrote:

I LOVE MY CITY.

You're proud of that?

I say that to say this, your generalization of Philadelphia sports fans is off base. It's your opinion and that's fine but being a sports fan from Philadelphia, I feel you don't really understand the way we work. We have strong love/hate relationships with all of our teams.

Fickle is the last thing I would call Philadelphia fans. Do we get disheartened and frustrated more quickly than most fans? Yes. Do we boo and complain about how our teams suck and we won't support those bums anymore? Yes. Do we ever actually mean it? Hell no. We piss, we moan, and we make all these threats, but we're there every game, every year. Just the type of people we are.

I was there when the Eagles were led by Bobby Hoying and were in the cellar. I was there when the Sixers were the laughing stock of the NBA. Jeff freakin' Hornacek was our leading scorer. Same with the Phillies and the Flyers. I don't know who you are around but everyone in my family and everyone I know is the same way.

The nonsensical fans you talk about are there in every sports francise. I'm in DC and I know dudes who think the Skins are still gonna win the NFC East and go to the Super Bowl. Same with your beloved Yankees. You wanna talk about nonsensical...the Yankees should be working on their 14th World Series championship according to some of the Yankees fans I know.

I can agree with the college kids who just come around to get wasted but as a native South Philadelphian, I take offense to the "scum" comment. But its all good.

Sorry, my 'scum' comment was stereotypical.

While I will continue to hate Philadelphia fans (minus the all 37 true Sixers fans), I hatred is no doubt influenced being a Yankees and Giants fans living in Philadelphia.

However, don't tell me that you guys don't mean it when you boo. If it was up to the fans, McNabb would have been driven out of town years ago. Hell, you guys were ready to can Charlie Manuel not too long ago.

I totally agree with you 4wrestling about the bandwagon comment. You should see all the facebook updates, there was none during the regularseason then when they go deep in the playoffs all of a sudden theres mad fans coming out the woodwork.

As for other people calling Philadelphia fans being bad & dumb at celebrating, guess no one remembers Lakers fan this past summer. Looting &vandalizing.

Also I do believe majority of Philly fans are scums, they would bad mouth a player for doing horribly one week then the next they would praise them like theywas supporting him from the start.

Back
Top Bottom