The Wolverine - Movie Thread (07/26/13) - Trailers on page 7

That shirt is nice that you got.

I enjoyed the movie. That train scene was so one of the better scene I have seen in any movie for a while. I wish that ninja scene was done better.

cosign. i was expecting Logan to take out a gang of ninjas, word to Beatrix Kiddo, but instead he fights one or two and the ninjas just shoot arrows into his back :rolleyes

That shirt is nice that you got.

I enjoyed the movie. That train scene was so one of the better scene I have seen in any movie for a while. I wish that ninja scene was done better.

cosign. i was expecting Logan to take out a gang of ninjas, word to Beatrix Kiddo, but instead he fights one or two and the ninjas just shoot arrows into his back :rolleyes

I believe in the TV ads they did show him defeating the ninjas and causing an explosion. It's probably on the deleted scenes

I liked it. Thought it was a solid movie. For some reason I think I have a thing for yukio. With her weird shaped head and all

Last edited:
I believe in the TV ads they did show him defeating the ninjas and causing an explosion. It's probably on the deleted scenes

I liked it. Thought it was a solid movie. For some reason I think I have a thing for yukio. With her weird shaped head and all

Yeah it's already been said that the blu-ray will have about 15-20 min. Of additional footage including more blood. Basically a directors cut.

As for the shirt, it's better quality than some tees I actually paid for. It was nice to have a choice of sizes rather than the standard XXL that most giveaways have.

Yukio's head was shaped really weird. It looked like a real balloon....

Now that I think about it, I don't recall wolverine going into berserker mode either

Just got out.....

*wait* .........Sly ******g Stallone? :rofl: man, some NTers around here. No wonder people complained about not enough Daily Planet. :lol:
Stallone tho..... :lol: God that's funny.

This was alright. MUCH stronger than Origins. Duh better than X3.
Story held fairly well. Bout 100 minutes solid, maybe a tad loose ending. Like RFX said, had some standalone to it.
Funeral fight was solid. That's some solid Wolverine. Train was great too.

I liked the visual of the ninjas towing Logan and holding him, kinda cool, but I would have liked it better if he got it in with a few ninjas first, then have them overwhelm him with the tow cables. Maybe the Blu will have that scenario.

Jean got chesty in the afterlife. *nodding in approval*

The daughter was worth all this trouble, that's for sure.

SS......eh, stretch. Wish they polished that scene up a smidge.

Viper, kind of an Austin Powers MOLE!!!!!! moment there. :lol: She was decent for her efforts, but zero developed. She must be a bigger part of the Blu.

Not elite, but solid. 7.5/10ish

X2

X1
First Class

Wolverine 2

Origins

X3

Seems about right to me.

Th teaser was for a "future" xmen movie or was it for first class 2?
Also, x3 is one of the best xmen movies to hav come out and it's better than the wolverine.
Rustled?

im going to take a child to see this. is there any nudity in the movie? if so can you all tell me when it happens? that way i can turn the kid around lol if u can put it in a spoiler. thanks to anyone who can help

No nudity, You do see Jackmans butt for a bit and Jean is in a nightie with plenty of cleavage throughout the whole film but that is pretty much it.

Last edited:
im going to take a child to see this. is there any nudity in the movie? if so can you all tell me when it happens? that way i can turn the kid around lol if u can put it in a spoiler. thanks to anyone who can help
If you find yourself in this situation again go to imdb.com.

Type in the movie you're going to go see in the search bar.

On the movie's imdb page, scroll down until you see

this

VVVV
[h4]Motion Picture Rating (MPAA)[/h4]Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence, some sexuality and language  |  See all certifications  »

[h4]Parents Guide:[/h4] View content advisory  »
Click "see all certifications" or "view content advisory."

You should see sex/nudity at the top.

This page will tell you in great detail all of the sex/nudity in the movie.

You can even read about the gore or violence scenes.

Here's the sex/nudity for the wolverine.
[h3]Sex & Nudity[/h3]
EditHistory

A bare-chested man and a woman wearing a nightgown (her cleavage is visible) lie next to each other in bed; she rolls over on top of the man and they kiss (sex is implied).

A woman wearing a negligee that reveals bare shoulders and cleavage kisses a man sitting next to her on a bed on the shoulder (please see the Violence/Gore category for more details).

A man dreams that a woman is lying on top of him and they are kissing until he wakes up and sees another woman kissing him (please see the Violence/Gore category for more details).

A man touches a woman's face and they kiss (please see the Violence/Gore category for more details).

A man and a woman walk through a hotel corridor and we hear laughing and rhythmic thumping coming from behind closed doors (sex is implied).

A woman describes a hotel as a "love hotel" and that it is only "for couples."

A man is shown being bathed by two women using brushes; we see the man's bare shoulders, chest, back, abdomen and the top of his bare buttocks as he protests and tries to convince the women that he can wash "that bit" himself.

A woman helps a man tie his robe sash (no nudity) and they kiss (sex is implied); they are shown lying in bed later and the man is bare-chested and the woman is wearing a spaghetti strapped top (revealing bare shoulders and upper chest) as he caresses her shoulder.

A woman speaks to a man seductively while his wrists are locked in metal device.

Two women wearing bras and panties (cleavage, bare abdomens, and partial bare buttocks are shown) are seen drinking alcohol and dancing with a man who is engaged to another woman; the man removes his pants and we see him wearing boxer briefs (his bare chest and abdomen are shown) as he kisses the neck of one of the women (they are interrupted).

Three men preparing to commit hara-kiri remove their shirts and we see their bare chests, abdomens and backs (please see the Violence/Gore category for more details).

A prisoner being held in a hole in the ground is shown shirtless (his bare chest, abdomen and back are seen).

A woman wears a short skirt and thigh high stockings that reveal her bare upper thighs.

A woman wears a tank top that reveals bare shoulders, upper chest and arms (no cleavage is apparent).

A woman wears an outfit that is open at the shoulders and tight-fitting in a couple of scenes and at one point see that the fabric has numerous slits that reveal flesh underneath (mostly on her upper thigh and hip).
On another note: I find it hilarious that the child you're bringing can't see some breasts, but he can see all the violence that this movie has to offer.

The violence in this movie is pretty brutal.

edit: Also in the movie you can see a dude's boner. Just wanted to let you know.

Last edited:
wow um thanks. what the hell :lol:

as for the violence compared to nudity come on now....

nobody ever saw bare breast or *** on gi joe or transformers cartoon

the kid knows the difference between fantasy and reality.

but no child should be watching nudity

No nudity, You do see Jackmans butt for a bit and Jean is in a nightie with plenty of cleavage throughout the whole film but that is pretty much it.

i completely missed your post lol simple and straight to the point thanks

wow um thanks. what the hell
laugh.gif

as for the violence compared to nudity come on now....

nobody ever saw bare breast or *** on gi joe or transformers cartoon

the kid knows the difference between fantasy and reality.

but no child should be watching nudity
I would describe a scene that is in "reality" but obviously that would spoil the that scene.

When I saw this particular I was like DAMN! how did this get green light into a pg13 movie?

I'm not trying to get into an argument about whether which is good or bad, I'm just saying that it's hilarious to me.

I actually do not think the film is that gory, it is violent but you really do not actually see Wolverine stab someone with his claws and they rarely even showed much blood in either the samurais or Wolvies claws. When he would stab someone, it is mostly implied, you just do not see his claws actually pierce anyone. If they showed his claws actually penetrating the body and they come out all bloody, the rating would definitely be higher.

I actually do not think the film is that gory, it is violent but you really do not actually see Wolverine stab someone with his claws and they rarely even showed much blood in either the samurais or Wolvies claws. When he would stab someone, it is mostly implied, you just do not see his claws actually pierce anyone. If they showed his claws actually penetrating the body and they come out all bloody, the rating would definitely be higher.
SPOILER

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about where logan's skin is charred as hell after withstanding that atomic bomb.

Th teaser was for a "future" xmen movie or was it for first class 2?
Also, x3 is one of the best xmen movies to hav come out and it's better than the wolverine.
Rustled?
It was for Days of Future Past that comes out next year. Which is essentially both the First Class and X-Men casts.

just saw this today. im an x-men fan and i like when the movies follow an established storyline, so not sure where this one fit.

action was good, i thought the movie was pretty good up until the end with the way SS was portrayed. had me confused that it was a robot too :lol:

also there was a lot of unfinished business at the end,

like so, SS wasnt able to get logans healing right? uhh how did that work in the first place? and how come SS got younger and then all of a sudden it stopped and logans A-OK again?

and why was viper in this movie? i dont get the connection between her and the yoshidas/japan. as far as i know, shes a drug dealer in madripoor. i guess the biochem aspect is needed for the plot, but still. and im not up on current advances in nanotechnology, but a damn robo-bug on the heart shouldnt be able to nullify genetics

post credits scene question for all:

i thought it was a dope scene to lead into DofP, but i dont get the timeline now. in DofP, i thought they were in the future, where trask and the sentinels have been hunting/decimating mutants so thats why wolverine has to go back in time, right? but in the post credits, the scene is set in pretty much the present. so i suppose that makes sense in that you would go back in time to the First Class years. BUT. the comic-con trailer describes that prof X wanted logan to back and make his past self fight on for mutant rights/etc. so between first class and now, when did he lose his way? i assumed it was going to be set in the farther future, and that logan would be sent back in time to the near future where prof X will soon lose his motivation or something. but then where would the First Class kids fit? MY BRAIN WANTS TO EXPLODE RIGHT NOW :lol: :lol: i dont get this at all :frown:

damn I should have bet RFX for his sig as well....

??? I was one of the few that was enthused and positive about this film from the get go. Hell I've been defending Jackman as Wolverine the past few pages.

What would the bet be? I think the film is good but if you think it's better I lose? :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom