The Youngest Person Ever to Face Life Without Parole

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by blacklion23

A life sentence is a bit harsh for his age but he has to be punished for this. I'm quite sure, at age 11, he knew what he was doing.

A shotgun made specifically for children???
30t6p3b.gif

what would an appropriate punishment be though?  he killed a pregnant woman and her child.  maybe they should do a medieval style punishment and cut off both of his hands so he can't shoot anybody else.
life in prison WITH a possibility of parole for good behavior/rehabilitation (ill be honest, my knowlege of the parole system is virtually non-existent).

let there be some light at the end of the tunnel for this kid.  like i said before... maybe no 1-2 years,  maybe not even 10 years, but somewhere down the line if this kid can grow and mature and understand the gravity of his actions and atone for his sins, then why not give him atleast a CHANCE at future freedom?

Originally Posted by Murda He

NT, you sadden me...

At 11 he knew what he was doing? NO.

Sure, we know what things are. We know there are punishments for things. But at 11, your complete perspective is not developed. PERIOD. You can't on one account make all of these designations in the law for what is and isn't an adult, and then just throw them away. It's not fair. And no matter how heinous the crime or criminal, the point of rule-of-law is to give EVERYONE a just trial. There's nothing just about telling people they aren't old enough to have sex until 16; old enough to make life decisions until 18; old enough to drink until 21, etc only to say, "But you are old enough to be punished as an adult."

It's unconstitutional if you ask me.

I did A LOT of things at 11 that I'd never do today. A few animals may have gone missing. I don't recall... A few building may have been vandalized or set on fire.... I don't remember. All I know is that I grew out of and away from mischief in general. I'm not saying don't punish the little bastard for what he did. I'm saying throw him in KIDS' JAIL! He's a kid! Theeeeeeeen throw him in big people jail with a possibility of parole after 15 or 20. There is nothing a mislead kid can do to not deserve another chance. Period. He's a child..
^this. 
tired.gif

It's crazy that there are people who feel that a life sentence without parol is not the right choice. Lock em up and throw away the key. We dont need people like that in society.  At 11, I sure as hell was not walking around plotting to blow peoples brains out.  That's too far.  It's not like he teepeed a house.  

There really wouldn't be a point for him to get parole. Think about it. No one will hire him once he gets out with what he did. So what's he going to do then?

Also, has his father made any statements about this or his biological mother etc.? Like does his family even want anything to do with him still because is another factor with the whole parole thing, no point to let him out if he has no where to go anyways.

I think the boy should be incarcerated at least until he's 35-40. At that point if there's extensive evidence that he's completely changed, I wouldn't mind giving him a second chance. It would suck knowing that a decision you made at 11 years old ruined the rest of your life. I was saying and doing some of the dumbest things at that age, I wouldn't want that to be my life's defining moment.

skimmed the article so i dont know if i caught it or not but, did they mention if there was a motive behind the shooting? kid just doesn't get up one morning and put a gun to a person's head and shoot them for no reason.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I think the boy should be incarcerated at least until he's 35-40. At that point if there's extensive evidence that he's completely changed, I wouldn't mind giving him a second chance. It would suck knowing that a decision you made at 11 years old ruined the rest of your life. I was saying and doing some of the dumbest things at that age, I wouldn't want that to be my life's defining moment.

This

How is the punishment OD?  You're telling me that he thought he was playing GTA? No way.  He knew she wouldn't be coming back.  Slam the bars shut.  Forever.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

This
Change? Change into what? He's 11 and he'll grow up in prison...you act as if somehow growing up in prison will turn him into someone who can function in society. At this point it's a wrap for his life if this goes through. 

lol @ clense society,

okay, Hitler Lite....

lol

edit:

What's the point of "locking" someone "up" "forever"?

thats just a burden on taxpayers.

yall $!#++ and moan about poor people who need government assistance to eat,

yet, you advocate criminals, people who cant contribute to society AT ALL, get lifetime "meal tickets"?

like i said earlier, id like to see US prisions go strictly solitary confinement.

a kid like this could get like 10 years of solitary....come out "changed"

honestly at age 11 i knew what i was doing whats right and wrong, kid knew what he was getting himself into so he deserves what he got. lock him up and forget about him like we do with the rest of the serial killers and murderers

Back
Top Bottom