There are NO benefits for men to get married.

Since this is NT, think of a wife as a pair of your holy grail sneaker. It's your absolute--no contest--favorite and it makes you feel good to tell people you have it. Is there a real benefit to you for having it? Perhaps not in a quantitative sense. But do you feel good that you do? Absolutely.

The benefit to the man is feeling good about having something their proud of and making the person they care the most for feel as wanted as possible.

Since this is NT, think of a wife as a pair of your holy grail sneaker. It's your absolute--no contest--favorite and it makes you feel good to tell people you have it. Is there a real benefit to you for having it? Perhaps not in a quantitative sense. But do you feel good that you do? Absolutely.

The benefit to the man is feeling good about having something their proud of and making the person they care the most for feel as wanted as possible.

Originally Posted by MartianRefugee

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

30t6p3b.gif

DC and LDJ.  I actually feel sorry for you guys.  Its sad to see people suck all the joy out of life and disguise it as "living for me".   It's sad to see grown men who find pleasure in finding ways to defend acting like children.  The close-minded and selfish point of view you guys have on almost every topic is actually childish and not mature like you have convinced yourself to believe.
You know a debate is over when people resort to personal attacks
In all honesty you are doing a bad job of defending marriage  all you've done until now is make blanket statements with out any real concrete abstract concepts
person 1:states :marriage is due to social pressure
person 2 responds::how do you introduce your significant other to your peers?

Thats what I have been thinking after reading the responses. Nothing has convinced me to change my view even this much _

Originally Posted by MartianRefugee

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

30t6p3b.gif

DC and LDJ.  I actually feel sorry for you guys.  Its sad to see people suck all the joy out of life and disguise it as "living for me".   It's sad to see grown men who find pleasure in finding ways to defend acting like children.  The close-minded and selfish point of view you guys have on almost every topic is actually childish and not mature like you have convinced yourself to believe.
You know a debate is over when people resort to personal attacks
In all honesty you are doing a bad job of defending marriage  all you've done until now is make blanket statements with out any real concrete abstract concepts
person 1:states :marriage is due to social pressure
person 2 responds::how do you introduce your significant other to your peers?

Thats what I have been thinking after reading the responses. Nothing has convinced me to change my view even this much _

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

One day it didn't change. The reason why you marry someone is because you felt that unconditional love before.

I wish we would be real with ourselves. Humans don't love other humans unconditionally. If your wife shot one of your closest family members in the head, do your feelings toward her change? I know it is a wild question, but I am just trying to disprove the notion of unconditional love.
Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

what do you do when your children ask you why you and mommy arent married??
Explain to them what I am saying in this thread when they are of the age to comprehend it. Which will probably be late teens, early 20s. There is nothing to hide at all nor be ashamed of.

One day it didn't change. The reason why you marry someone is because you felt that unconditional love before.

I wish we would be real with ourselves. Humans don't love other humans unconditionally. If your wife shot one of your closest family members in the head, do your feelings toward her change? I know it is a wild question, but I am just trying to disprove the notion of unconditional love.

Explain to them what I am saying in this thread when they are of the age to comprehend it. Which will probably be late teens, early 20s. There is nothing to hide at all nor be ashamed of.

i believe you should have a main chick, if i gotta eventually marry the main chick. so be it then. 
its a stability thing an also kinda like business partners, i dunno i just look at marriage as more like a best friend with benefits an similiar interest/goals

my situation is different, ive said it before but ill prolly be a swinger 
laugh.gif

i believe you should have a main chick, if i gotta eventually marry the main chick. so be it then. 
its a stability thing an also kinda like business partners, i dunno i just look at marriage as more like a best friend with benefits an similiar interest/goals

my situation is different, ive said it before but ill prolly be a swinger 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

My intentions for this thread are not to bash people already married, but yet inform others to think for themselves and decide what lifestyle will Truly be enjoyable.

What I see in many marriages... Most women would never settle down if they didnt lose there looks or have a biological time clock. But they cash in because they know after a while there value will go down and then nobody will want them.  Men do not have this problem, but can get caught up in the whole family life before reaching their true potential. The not so attactive ones have to believe in "love" because what else do they have to believe in? They end up settling for Mr. good enough, not someone they truly love. A marriage imo is just a partnership. What makes for a good marriage does not make for a good romantic relationship. I think many women would actually like to be married and feel alone then really be alone.

Marriage for men = human wallet, sperm donor, babysitter.

Overall its interesting to hear different views. Even tho we will never really see eye to eye I appreciate everyones opinion. To each is his own tho.

I think the biggest component your forgetting it love 
Some people truly fall for each other and get married for that simply reason 

Not every female has a hidden agenda 

What is your definition of love or being in love?

True not every female has a hidden agenda but alot do. Finding a legit woman is rare.
This. 9 times out of 10. A lot of relationships falter because what they feel is necessary to be in a loving committed relationship, isn't always on the same page as originally thought. Then we become back at square one...

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

My intentions for this thread are not to bash people already married, but yet inform others to think for themselves and decide what lifestyle will Truly be enjoyable.

What I see in many marriages... Most women would never settle down if they didnt lose there looks or have a biological time clock. But they cash in because they know after a while there value will go down and then nobody will want them.  Men do not have this problem, but can get caught up in the whole family life before reaching their true potential. The not so attactive ones have to believe in "love" because what else do they have to believe in? They end up settling for Mr. good enough, not someone they truly love. A marriage imo is just a partnership. What makes for a good marriage does not make for a good romantic relationship. I think many women would actually like to be married and feel alone then really be alone.

Marriage for men = human wallet, sperm donor, babysitter.

Overall its interesting to hear different views. Even tho we will never really see eye to eye I appreciate everyones opinion. To each is his own tho.

I think the biggest component your forgetting it love 
Some people truly fall for each other and get married for that simply reason 

Not every female has a hidden agenda 

What is your definition of love or being in love?

True not every female has a hidden agenda but alot do. Finding a legit woman is rare.
This. 9 times out of 10. A lot of relationships falter because what they feel is necessary to be in a loving committed relationship, isn't always on the same page as originally thought. Then we become back at square one...

It's funny just because I am pro-marriage that I am grouped into some kind of "victim of social norms zombie that can't think for himself".  That's not what its about at all.  Like the whole college analogy.  I never said your degree isn't valid without a ceremony.  You guys went off on a wild tangent defend the action of sitting at home while your peers celebrate a great acheivement.  My thing is you guys are clearly missing the point when it comes to stuff like that but you will never understand because you guys are sociopaths.  Why hang a degree on your wall? You still have the knowledge right? Your employer still wants your transcript right?  Why take pictures? You were there right? Thats exactly how you sound,.  I sounded like that when I was 12.  I'm a man now and I understand the significance of memories, parties, and human interaction.  While I don't live for others and make my own decisions I also do things that I'm not super excited about to make my life go smoother.  If you make all decisions based on personal gratification then you are causing alot of unnecessary problems.

Originally Posted by LDJ

But before you had the title how did you feel? How was yalls bond. Im just trying to see this defining moment and how a word transitioned your emotions and feeings. And if you not had that title would your love/bond feelings you have for your wife/kids would change? Before you had the title what was your feelings? Its comming across like your giving tangible and living atributes to word, something that is intangible and does not have living attributes. And if its not about status and simply just to have a label brand/title a definition for what you have for society then what is it then? You openly said you can have all those things without the title, so what is the reasoning for the title if not for validity/ social norms and the label? In your eyes. Im not trying to put words in your mouth.

Bad example here but its early and this is the best I can come up with in the we early of the hours. If two ppl are experts on working on cars, both are proficient/skilled at what they do, but one calls himself a mechanic and has all his titles/accolades etc posted up in the shop and the other person doesnt. Is the guy who label himself, post his accolades anymore skilled then the other person? And if not to be labeled and seek acceptance, acknowledgement from patrons etc what would be the reason for posting his titles accolades? 

I addressed you first paragraph in another reply to you. But, a short answer; I felt the same. There is no defining moment, and nothing would change really if I didn't have that title. But, again you missing the point. I married for me and for my wife. She is the only one who I need validation from and the title means something to me personally, I value and respect it. I don't need anyone else to validate it. I would like them to respect it though. I am giving the word a higher meaning because that's what it means to me. It manifests into physical emotion.

Originally Posted by LDJ

But before you had the title how did you feel? How was yalls bond. Im just trying to see this defining moment and how a word transitioned your emotions and feeings. And if you not had that title would your love/bond feelings you have for your wife/kids would change? Before you had the title what was your feelings? Its comming across like your giving tangible and living atributes to word, something that is intangible and does not have living attributes. And if its not about status and simply just to have a label brand/title a definition for what you have for society then what is it then? You openly said you can have all those things without the title, so what is the reasoning for the title if not for validity/ social norms and the label? In your eyes. Im not trying to put words in your mouth.

Bad example here but its early and this is the best I can come up with in the we early of the hours. If two ppl are experts on working on cars, both are proficient/skilled at what they do, but one calls himself a mechanic and has all his titles/accolades etc posted up in the shop and the other person doesnt. Is the guy who label himself, post his accolades anymore skilled then the other person? And if not to be labeled and seek acceptance, acknowledgement from patrons etc what would be the reason for posting his titles accolades? 

I addressed you first paragraph in another reply to you. But, a short answer; I felt the same. There is no defining moment, and nothing would change really if I didn't have that title. But, again you missing the point. I married for me and for my wife. She is the only one who I need validation from and the title means something to me personally, I value and respect it. I don't need anyone else to validate it. I would like them to respect it though. I am giving the word a higher meaning because that's what it means to me. It manifests into physical emotion.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

and thats all good 
but my view is thats its not necessary for me to show that I love you

also your example is terrible because shoes break apart (divorce)

and you buy another when they are come out again (new marriage )

and thats all good 

It's funny just because I am pro-marriage that I am grouped into some kind of "victim of social norms zombie that can't think for himself".  That's not what its about at all.  Like the whole college analogy.  I never said your degree isn't valid without a ceremony.  You guys went off on a wild tangent defend the action of sitting at home while your peers celebrate a great acheivement.  My thing is you guys are clearly missing the point when it comes to stuff like that but you will never understand because you guys are sociopaths.  Why hang a degree on your wall? You still have the knowledge right? Your employer still wants your transcript right?  Why take pictures? You were there right? Thats exactly how you sound,.  I sounded like that when I was 12.  I'm a man now and I understand the significance of memories, parties, and human interaction.  While I don't live for others and make my own decisions I also do things that I'm not super excited about to make my life go smoother.  If you make all decisions based on personal gratification then you are causing alot of unnecessary problems.

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

and thats all good 

Flawed. You take care of your grails and they're never replaceable. 
Some people shouldn't get married, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you haven't already, read up on The Paradox of Choice and it makes perfect sense why so many people see marriage as burden. The rest of the trouble comes from the fact that people aren't choosey enough when picking a wife. I wouldn't marry a girl until she's proven that she's wife-material. Lots of guys are just suckers for love and marry the next bird that puts up with them.

and thats all good 

Some people shouldn't get married, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you haven't already, read up on The Paradox of Choice and it makes perfect sense why so many people see marriage as burden. The rest of the trouble comes from the fact that people aren't choosey enough when picking a wife. I wouldn't marry a girl until she's proven that she's wife-material. Lots of guys are just suckers for love and marry the next bird that puts up with them.

No it's not.
laugh.gif

Thank you.

Some of yall couldn't survive in my family. Even the gays get married around here.
laugh.gif

No it's not.
laugh.gif

Thank you.

Some of yall couldn't survive in my family. Even the gays get married around here.
laugh.gif

the same thing we are telling you why would we have to sugar coat are beliefs and feelings to
our own children 

I wouldnt have any problem letting them know that you can have that same type of love

without that status and ceremony and if someone tries to tell them differently it will be handled 

the same thing we are telling you why would we have to sugar coat are beliefs and feelings to
our own children 

I wouldnt have any problem letting them know that you can have that same type of love

without that status and ceremony and if someone tries to tell them differently it will be handled 

and thats all good 

You're comparing a woman to a pair of sneakers, who's logic is flawed?

Back
Top Bottom