There are NO benefits for men to get married.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Why hang a degree on your wall? You still have the knowledge right? Your employer still wants your transcript right?  Why take pictures? You were there right? Thats exactly how you sound,.  I sounded like that when I was 12.  I'm a man now and I understand the significance of memories, parties, and human interaction.  While I don't live for others and make my own decisions I also do things that I'm not super excited about to make my life go smoother.  If you make all decisions based on personal gratification then you are causing alot of unnecessary problems.
See you keep equating being a man with those trains of thoughts. I feel I am a man, I just walk to a different beat honestly. I wouldn't say it is a maturity thing. Like the example you used with pictures, I feel that way. I was there, I don't need a damn picture to validate/remember it. Granted I might lose my mind one day but I was never one that needed material validation for things. That doesn't make me any less of a man. It just means I don't value those things as much as other humans. But for some reason, you keep trying to find a way to correlate maturity level with the want/need/desire for social validation. It isn't there at all man.

And because of this ONE situation, you can't label us as living our life only for personal gratification. There are many other situations in life other than getting married where we would allow other's feeling to be taken into consideration FIRST.

So you can't judge our whole life decisions on just this ONE discussion.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Since this is NT, think of a wife as a pair of your holy grail sneaker. It's your absolute--no contest--favorite and it makes you feel good to tell people you have it. Is there a real benefit to you for having it? Perhaps not in a quantitative sense. But do you feel good that you do? Absolutely.

The benefit to the man is feeling good about having something their proud of and making the person they care the most for feel as wanted as possible.
and thats all good 
but my view is thats its not necessary for me to show that I love you

also your example is terrible because shoes break apart (divorce)

and you buy another when they are come out again (new marriage )
Flawed. You take care of your grails and they're never replaceable. 
Some people shouldn't get married, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you haven't already, read up on The Paradox of Choice and it makes perfect sense why so many people see marriage as burden. The rest of the trouble comes from the fact that people aren't choosey enough when picking a wife. I wouldn't marry a girl until she's proven that she's wife-material. Lots of guys are just suckers for love and marry the next bird that puts up with them.
You're comparing a woman to a pair of sneakers, who's logic is flawed?

Why hang a degree on your wall? You still have the knowledge right? Your employer still wants your transcript right?  Why take pictures? You were there right? Thats exactly how you sound,.  I sounded like that when I was 12.  I'm a man now and I understand the significance of memories, parties, and human interaction.  While I don't live for others and make my own decisions I also do things that I'm not super excited about to make my life go smoother.  If you make all decisions based on personal gratification then you are causing alot of unnecessary problems.
See you keep equating being a man with those trains of thoughts. I feel I am a man, I just walk to a different beat honestly. I wouldn't say it is a maturity thing. Like the example you used with pictures, I feel that way. I was there, I don't need a damn picture to validate/remember it. Granted I might lose my mind one day but I was never one that needed material validation for things. That doesn't make me any less of a man. It just means I don't value those things as much as other humans. But for some reason, you keep trying to find a way to correlate maturity level with the want/need/desire for social validation. It isn't there at all man.

And because of this ONE situation, you can't label us as living our life only for personal gratification. There are many other situations in life other than getting married where we would allow other's feeling to be taken into consideration FIRST.

Since this is NT, think of a wife as a pair of your holy grail sneaker. It's your absolute--no contest--favorite and it makes you feel good to tell people you have it. Is there a real benefit to you for having it? Perhaps not in a quantitative sense. But do you feel good that you do? Absolutely.

The benefit to the man is feeling good about having something their proud of and making the person they care the most for feel as wanted as possible.
and thats all good 

Some people shouldn't get married, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you haven't already, read up on The Paradox of Choice and it makes perfect sense why so many people see marriage as burden. The rest of the trouble comes from the fact that people aren't choosey enough when picking a wife. I wouldn't marry a girl until she's proven that she's wife-material. Lots of guys are just suckers for love and marry the next bird that puts up with them.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 bull $#!@ they guaranteed to yellow and crumble over time

but anyway I feel the rest of your comment but im lucky enough to have someone that see it the same way I do 

im going to check out you suggestion though 

and thats all good 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 bull $#!@ they guaranteed to yellow and crumble over time

but anyway I feel the rest of your comment but im lucky enough to have someone that see it the same way I do 

im going to check out you suggestion though 

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

and thats all good 

We're discussing marriage on a sneaker message board. Who's high horse is high?

and thats all good 

one thing that we cant even debate is how high the divorce rate is..............i mean seriously besides myself how many ppl in here know kids where they parents divorce senior year of HS or college years?

its like ppl just wait for kids to grow up sometimes to get out.
not to mention there are ppl out there who cheat and stay married all the time, the rate could be even higher if ppl ALWAYS got caught.

marriage is cool if rules are set an both of you guys are on the same page, i dont see how you can only sex one person for that many years only. this is why ppl swing, swap, 3somes etc.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

True not every female has a hidden agenda but alot do. Finding a legit woman is rare.
No it's not.
laugh.gif
Not sure if serious. For instance, if that was the case why are there so many threads about women problems on NT? 

one thing that we cant even debate is how high the divorce rate is..............i mean seriously besides myself how many ppl in here know kids where they parents divorce senior year of HS or college years?

its like ppl just wait for kids to grow up sometimes to get out.
not to mention there are ppl out there who cheat and stay married all the time, the rate could be even higher if ppl ALWAYS got caught.

marriage is cool if rules are set an both of you guys are on the same page, i dont see how you can only sex one person for that many years only. this is why ppl swing, swap, 3somes etc.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

True not every female has a hidden agenda but alot do. Finding a legit woman is rare.
No it's not.
laugh.gif
Not sure if serious. For instance, if that was the case why are there so many threads about women problems on NT? 

Do you even know what high horse means? That was me on my high horse. There's a word for what you did: objectification
wink.gif

Do you even know what high horse means? That was me on my high horse. There's a word for what you did: objectification
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

My intentions for this thread are not to bash people already married, but yet inform others to think for themselves and decide what lifestyle will Truly be enjoyable.

What I see in many marriages... Most women would never settle down if they didnt lose there looks or have a biological time clock. But they cash in because they know after a while there value will go down and then nobody will want them.  Men do not have this problem, but can get caught up in the whole family life before reaching their true potential. The not so attactive ones have to believe in "love" because what else do they have to believe in? They end up settling for Mr. good enough, not someone they truly love. A marriage imo is just a partnership. What makes for a good marriage does not make for a good romantic relationship. I think many women would actually like to be married and feel alone then really be alone.

Marriage for men = human wallet, sperm donor, babysitter.

Overall its interesting to hear different views. Even tho we will never really see eye to eye I appreciate everyones opinion. To each is his own tho.

I think the biggest component your forgetting it love 
Some people truly fall for each other and get married for that simply reason 

Not every female has a hidden agenda 

What is your definition of love or being in love?

Love is defined differently for everyone 

As for finding a legit woman is rare that don't believe that 

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

My intentions for this thread are not to bash people already married, but yet inform others to think for themselves and decide what lifestyle will Truly be enjoyable.

What I see in many marriages... Most women would never settle down if they didnt lose there looks or have a biological time clock. But they cash in because they know after a while there value will go down and then nobody will want them.  Men do not have this problem, but can get caught up in the whole family life before reaching their true potential. The not so attactive ones have to believe in "love" because what else do they have to believe in? They end up settling for Mr. good enough, not someone they truly love. A marriage imo is just a partnership. What makes for a good marriage does not make for a good romantic relationship. I think many women would actually like to be married and feel alone then really be alone.

Marriage for men = human wallet, sperm donor, babysitter.

Overall its interesting to hear different views. Even tho we will never really see eye to eye I appreciate everyones opinion. To each is his own tho.

I think the biggest component your forgetting it love 
Some people truly fall for each other and get married for that simply reason 

Not every female has a hidden agenda 

What is your definition of love or being in love?

Love is defined differently for everyone 

As for finding a legit woman is rare that don't believe that 

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Not for nothing,

seeing your parents failed marriage does have an affect on you and I do understand OPs stance. Me personally, marriage is just as much a business decision as it would be an emotional one. You guys are joining assets and god forbid it goes wrong, she can be paid alimony and child support. Ya'll have seen thse high profile divorce cases. All that love goes out the window when it's time to be vindicated in courts and women more than likely have the courts on their side.

You dont need a marriage to start a family in 2K11 and like Ninjahood said, marriage is probably the most irrelevant it's been in history. At the same time, growing old with someone who is ideally your best friend isnt a bad thought to fathom.

I dont exactly know a lot of men jumping at the thought to get married though. Im at the middle of my 20s so maybe it may be that age.
That's how I feel

Not for nothing,

seeing your parents failed marriage does have an affect on you and I do understand OPs stance. Me personally, marriage is just as much a business decision as it would be an emotional one. You guys are joining assets and god forbid it goes wrong, she can be paid alimony and child support. Ya'll have seen thse high profile divorce cases. All that love goes out the window when it's time to be vindicated in courts and women more than likely have the courts on their side.

You dont need a marriage to start a family in 2K11 and like Ninjahood said, marriage is probably the most irrelevant it's been in history. At the same time, growing old with someone who is ideally your best friend isnt a bad thought to fathom.

I dont exactly know a lot of men jumping at the thought to get married though. Im at the middle of my 20s so maybe it may be that age.
That's how I feel

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I'm not just using this ONE discussion though.  My dude I have read your attitudes and beliefs on this site for years....yes years.  I know you better than some people in my real life.  I KNEW that you would post that comment in that Casey Anthony trial.  I seent it coming a mile away
laugh.gif
.  Everytime a celeb dies you feel the need to say certain comments.  So yes you are a man but in my opinion you are missing out on alot by choosing to live the way you do.  You also choose to rub people the wrong way and voice your opinion when its not always needed. Thats selfish behavior and can be seen as immature.  Can I ask you how many times you have admitted to being wrong or admitting you learned something from another perspective on NT?  I'm pretty sure that number is 0, which speaks volumes.

wink.gif
Yes. You're saying that a sneaker comparison is a sign of me not being able to understand what a marriage is. However, your comment just made you look like a prick because my comparison is completely valid and relevant because this is a sneaker message board.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I'm not just using this ONE discussion though.  My dude I have read your attitudes and beliefs on this site for years....yes years.  I know you better than some people in my real life.  I KNEW that you would post that comment in that Casey Anthony trial.  I seent it coming a mile away
laugh.gif
.  Everytime a celeb dies you feel the need to say certain comments.  So yes you are a man but in my opinion you are missing out on alot by choosing to live the way you do.  You also choose to rub people the wrong way and voice your opinion when its not always needed. Thats selfish behavior and can be seen as immature.  Can I ask you how many times you have admitted to being wrong or admitting you learned something from another perspective on NT?  I'm pretty sure that number is 0, which speaks volumes.

wink.gif
Yes. You're saying that a sneaker comparison is a sign of me not being able to understand what a marriage is. However, your comment just made you look like a prick because my comparison is completely valid and relevant because this is a sneaker message board.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

So are people that actually consider those things, to keep the marriage sane and tolerable, considered immature?

Do I love my wife any less if I am cool with her sucking off another dude?

This is a new day in age, and like you brought up, swapping is done. This is another thing that people really are cool with but would never publicly admit to it because of the backlash.

The concept of one sexual partner is scary, but I am not sure if I could deal with anything dude poking my "Ole Lady"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

At the same time, growing old with someone who is ideally your best friend isnt a bad thought to fathom.
That's how I feel
yep, this right here
this is how i feel.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

So are people that actually consider those things, to keep the marriage sane and tolerable, considered immature?

Do I love my wife any less if I am cool with her sucking off another dude?

This is a new day in age, and like you brought up, swapping is done. This is another thing that people really are cool with but would never publicly admit to it because of the backlash.

The concept of one sexual partner is scary, but I am not sure if I could deal with anything dude poking my "Ole Lady"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

At the same time, growing old with someone who is ideally your best friend isnt a bad thought to fathom.
That's how I feel
yep, this right here
this is how i feel.

Back
Top Bottom