Thinking of making a Spontaneous move To California

Go for it fam, one of my biggest dreams is to move to California from Florida. It's a great place for opportunities especially for me lol. Its either Seattle or California or Atlanta.

LOL I ust know its not gonna be easy yo. Im not Caking out here like that for real first off. So its going to be a Challenge. But what isnt

I live in Cali and I love it theres no other place I'd rather live. It really depends on what part of Cali you plan on moving out to but just know its not cheap out here and if you do find a cheap place to live its usually not that great of a place.

I am assuming you are middle eastern based on your screen name. Try sacramento or Southern California if that happens to be the case.

i practically did that last year...moved out here solo from Atlanta with a little less than 4 grand in the bank...i'm (supposed to be) working right now, so i can't get into great detail but it is pretty tough making a move like that solo, but go for it...it's hard, but not impossible...after a year of struggling, 'm finally getting my own spot and have a pretty good job (that i'm supposed to be doing)...

how much you got saved up??? you planning on driving out here??? even though my trip was pretty spontaneous, i still thought very hard about what i was doing...you have any questions you need answered???

From Maryland. Any Suggestions?

I think you need to have a solid plan that would take a couple of years to complete. This isn't something you just think of off the cuff. Sit down and think about why you really want to go, and leave NT out of it. If you go broke, you ain't staying with an NTer :lol:.

I've applied to jobs in:

San Fran
Sacramento
Seattle
Scottsdale

Can any NTers speak on these places for a twentysomething male from Boston?

I had a homie who did that ****.

That ***** came back...

If you ain't got any money homie, I'd suggest you not make that move until you get some.

Been contemplating this same move myself. Currently in Florida and looking to the Bay area...

I feel you OP...a Philly-fleeing move to San Diego has been in the plans for YEARS. The lady might tag along (she wants to stay here!), but I'm going with or without. I'll start a new Moses clan over on the left side. **** dying here.
laugh.gif

Seriously, I hear Cali is an expensive place to live, so you definitely have to have your **** under you and a fair amount of cash saved up since I'm assuming you're moving away from your parents and people...no safety net. Either way, good luck bro...maybe I'll see you around one day.
laugh.gif

I think you need to have a solid plan that would take a couple of years to complete. This isn't something you just think of off the cuff. Sit down and think about why you really want to go, and leave NT out of it. If you go broke, you ain't staying with an NTer
laugh.gif
Seriously. Cali is far too expensive for the time being. Not sure where you living in MD, but MD in terms of living costs> Cali atm.

Plan your trip, stack your money, be ready and have a plan. Have a plan b, have a plan c. Right not in this economy may not be the best idea to just get up and move.

hahahah i grew up in cali and i can't wait to get out, and i make decent money too probably more than what you hope to make, and i wanna get out.

Does FL suck to live in?

Naw man. Depending on where you live FL ain't eem that bad. Its just like anywhere else...

...But with better weather....

I'm sure a lot of people would rather live in FL than where they are currently settled. Hurricane season is a ***** though.

hahahah i grew up in cali and i can't wait to get out, and i make decent money too probably more than what you hope to make, and i wanna get out.

Well damn :lol:
No silencer on those shots.

Last edited:
I've applied to jobs in:

San Fran
Sacramento
Seattle
Scottsdale

Can any NTers speak on these places for a twentysomething male from Boston?

San Francisco - Beautiful city, but expensive as hell. Second most expensive behind NYC, IIRC. Very dense and crowded.
Sacramento - Capitol of California, weather kind of sucks.
Seattle - Rains all the time, but cool city to visit.
Scottsdale - Booming, but still in Arizona *shrugs*

OP, your gonna do what you want to do regardless....absorb the information you get and come up with atleast a semi-decent plan. Don't shoot yourself in the foot in the process.

Think about taking a trip over to the place beforehand.

And if your moving/running away from something in your old hood, make sure it doesn't exist in the new one.

GL son.

:pimp:

San Francisco - Beautiful city, but expensive as hell. Second most expensive behind NYC, IIRC. Very dense and crowded.
Sacramento - Capitol of California, weather kind of sucks.
Seattle - Rains all the time, but cool city to visit.
Scottsdale - Booming, but still in Arizona *shrugs*

Appreciate this.

Job applied for in San Fran pays $40-50/hour. I'm single, no kids. I understand the cost of living there is through the roof. Is that manageable in your opinion.

In Sac, what do you mean by the weather sucking? Humid? Rain?

Back
Top Bottom