This is why Mac users think they are so special huh?

Had a Dell XPS M1330 for 2.5 years now. Only issue I have had is replacing the charger (overheating). I paid about 700 less at the time (Summer of '08). Windows 7 only made it better. Never saw a point in paying more.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

laugh.gif
geek squad. your man card is revoked for even going to them for help. these are the same idiots that charge u 50 dollars to install itunes.

I had to go to them because thats where i was told to go so i could get a replace my battery. It was under warranty and they were the ones who had to order it for me.
When he noticed my computer was on stand by is when he told me it will ruin the hard drive and thats why he turns his computer on and off everytime he uses it.

My friggin mac has been on standy by for as long as i can remember. Im not waiting 20 minutes to use my lap top to turn it on 10 times a day..

laugh.gif
geek squad. your man card is revoked for even going to them for help. these are the same idiots that charge u 50 dollars to install itunes.

I had to go to them because thats where i was told to go so i could get a replace my battery. It was under warranty and they were the ones who had to order it for me.
When he noticed my computer was on stand by is when he told me it will ruin the hard drive and thats why he turns his computer on and off everytime he uses it.

My friggin mac has been on standy by for as long as i can remember. Im not waiting 20 minutes to use my lap top to turn it on 10 times a day..

the guy is an idiot. only possible way a computer on stand by could be ruined is during transportation.. and it has nothing to do with stand by really. most likely talking about any sudden movement or jerks that could mess up the platter in your HDD. and even THEN, a lot of companies have sensors in the HDD that protects them from any sudden moves.

my computer (mac) has been on and connected since since i bought it.. it bloated the battery. battery/hardware problems are not exclusive to window based PCs. macs have them too.

the guy is an idiot. only possible way a computer on stand by could be ruined is during transportation.. and it has nothing to do with stand by really. most likely talking about any sudden movement or jerks that could mess up the platter in your HDD. and even THEN, a lot of companies have sensors in the HDD that protects them from any sudden moves.

my computer (mac) has been on and connected since since i bought it.. it bloated the battery. battery/hardware problems are not exclusive to window based PCs. macs have them too.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I am one of the most unbiased Computer owners there is and i gotta say you are out your damn mind if you think PC is even a tad bit better than mac.

Way back when i had a PC when i was young and my mom said she was buying a Mac desktop instead of another PC. I was pissssssedd. I did not want to change whatsoever. She got it, i got used to it, and now for life i will prefer Mac over PC. Now that im off in college i didnt have 1200 to drop on a MBP, so i got a Sony Vaio that was cheaper. This thing is 4 months old and my 6 year old Mac Mini Desktop runs 10 times better than this POS. How does that happen?? Every single god dam day there is something i gotta deal with cause of Windows and i sit there and say i want my frggin mac back. It almost drives me insane cause i was so used to having one. This isnt a matter of being a fanboy, this is just common sense that Mac completely ****ttts on Windows.

If you dont think so than you're clearly a PC fanboy who is too stubborn to switch over cause you know once you do your not going back. There's a reason Mac is more expensive...you'll most likely go through 2-3 computers in a 10 year span or spend ridiculous amounts of money to maintain it and keep fixing it, where as a Mac will be going strong 10+ years. The only real reason you would need a new one is because its out dated.

I can understand that if you need a computer quickly and dont have the money at that time to get a Mac. But if you do have the money and chose to get a PC anyway than you just got royally boned by PC.

2 months after i got my Vaio im in geek sqaud and they're telling me PC's weren't designed to be a standy-by and that if you do it for more than an hour + your hard drive will get ruined. Seriously, how do you fail to have a computer stay in good shape by being on stand by? It's the smallest most simple stuff that PC can't fix. Then i find out if you leave your charger in when its already fully charged your battery will go to @+%% which is what happened to mine. I got 50 minutes of battery life on my Vaio and i had to order a new battery. 50 minutes... Then i find out Mac's have a feature that when your computer is fully charged the charger quits while still being plugged in so it doenst ruin the battery.

Can PC not take a single note from Mac to make their products better? Something as simple as that? Bill Gates SMD you suck, if it wasn't for Xbox being so dam great i would have wished death upon you many many times.
everyday i count my pennies so i can get a Mac back in my hands 
tired.gif

Well i needed to let that out.../rant
You lost as a man for not knowing how to fix a pc issue.
this. you can GOOGLE and diagnose was wrong with a PC if its giving you problems....are people that slow that they can't fix a minor issue?

This dude at Geek Sqaud told me if you keep your PC on sleep mode too long it will destroy your Hard Drive, meaning it will be replaced, or you need a new computer. How is that a minor issue? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

because geek squad does not sell anything and everything they say is helpful

indifferent.gif

never heard of such nonsense in my entire life

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I am one of the most unbiased Computer owners there is and i gotta say you are out your damn mind if you think PC is even a tad bit better than mac.

Way back when i had a PC when i was young and my mom said she was buying a Mac desktop instead of another PC. I was pissssssedd. I did not want to change whatsoever. She got it, i got used to it, and now for life i will prefer Mac over PC. Now that im off in college i didnt have 1200 to drop on a MBP, so i got a Sony Vaio that was cheaper. This thing is 4 months old and my 6 year old Mac Mini Desktop runs 10 times better than this POS. How does that happen?? Every single god dam day there is something i gotta deal with cause of Windows and i sit there and say i want my frggin mac back. It almost drives me insane cause i was so used to having one. This isnt a matter of being a fanboy, this is just common sense that Mac completely ****ttts on Windows.

If you dont think so than you're clearly a PC fanboy who is too stubborn to switch over cause you know once you do your not going back. There's a reason Mac is more expensive...you'll most likely go through 2-3 computers in a 10 year span or spend ridiculous amounts of money to maintain it and keep fixing it, where as a Mac will be going strong 10+ years. The only real reason you would need a new one is because its out dated.

I can understand that if you need a computer quickly and dont have the money at that time to get a Mac. But if you do have the money and chose to get a PC anyway than you just got royally boned by PC.

2 months after i got my Vaio im in geek sqaud and they're telling me PC's weren't designed to be a standy-by and that if you do it for more than an hour + your hard drive will get ruined. Seriously, how do you fail to have a computer stay in good shape by being on stand by? It's the smallest most simple stuff that PC can't fix. Then i find out if you leave your charger in when its already fully charged your battery will go to @+%% which is what happened to mine. I got 50 minutes of battery life on my Vaio and i had to order a new battery. 50 minutes... Then i find out Mac's have a feature that when your computer is fully charged the charger quits while still being plugged in so it doenst ruin the battery.

Can PC not take a single note from Mac to make their products better? Something as simple as that? Bill Gates SMD you suck, if it wasn't for Xbox being so dam great i would have wished death upon you many many times.
everyday i count my pennies so i can get a Mac back in my hands 
tired.gif

Well i needed to let that out.../rant
You lost as a man for not knowing how to fix a pc issue.
this. you can GOOGLE and diagnose was wrong with a PC if its giving you problems....are people that slow that they can't fix a minor issue?

This dude at Geek Sqaud told me if you keep your PC on sleep mode too long it will destroy your Hard Drive, meaning it will be replaced, or you need a new computer. How is that a minor issue? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

because geek squad does not sell anything and everything they say is helpful

indifferent.gif

never heard of such nonsense in my entire life

I dont understand why he would make it up, he wasn't trying to sell me anything. Just told me he advised me not to do it.

I dont know everything and anything about computers so personally i would take paid professionals advice over niketalk's. Might just be me o well.

All im saying i wish my laptop now would perform just a little bit like my old macs performance. I just wish my Windows dock would appear everytime i highlight it so i can go on the internet when i want to instead of being forced to restart it and wait another 20 minutes.

Mac > PC

I dont understand why he would make it up, he wasn't trying to sell me anything. Just told me he advised me not to do it.

I dont know everything and anything about computers so personally i would take paid professionals advice over niketalk's. Might just be me o well.

All im saying i wish my laptop now would perform just a little bit like my old macs performance. I just wish my Windows dock would appear everytime i highlight it so i can go on the internet when i want to instead of being forced to restart it and wait another 20 minutes.

Mac > PC

dude... there's nothing "professional" about geek squad... my cousin works for geek squad and even he tells me all the time how much of a rip off they are
you have to face facts, in this day and age, if you aren't up on your computer knowledge companies like Best Buy will seriously take advantage of you

dude... there's nothing "professional" about geek squad... my cousin works for geek squad and even he tells me all the time how much of a rip off they are
you have to face facts, in this day and age, if you aren't up on your computer knowledge companies like Best Buy will seriously take advantage of you

It's always the same "my PC had issue that's why i went with a mac". like I've said i had my current compaq laptop since 2005 and it's still going. you guys can keep justifying paying $1200 for "better hardware" and "no viruses".

It's always the same "my PC had issue that's why i went with a mac". like I've said i had my current compaq laptop since 2005 and it's still going. you guys can keep justifying paying $1200 for "better hardware" and "no viruses".

Apple computers are for people who have talents in things other than computers because they are made as simple as possible.
most "graphic artists" who use macbooks and the such are really only good at drawing. computers arent their thing.
same with musicians, writers, girls, guys who only want to go on the internet and listen to music and type papers, old people, children.

PC computers are for Men and women who want to get the most that any computer can give them.
gamers, hackers, Movie CGI, music producers who actually went to school for production, and people who only want to go on the internet and type papers.

also, apple laptops have no customization options due to the fact that you WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW YOU HAVE A MACBOOKPRO 17.5in.
do you guys realize youre actually all douchebags? you even constantly tell the size of the computer.

PC laptops... skins, stickers, tons of colors types, options etc. etc. etc.

thus, <^>

Apple computers are for people who have talents in things other than computers because they are made as simple as possible.
most "graphic artists" who use macbooks and the such are really only good at drawing. computers arent their thing.
same with musicians, writers, girls, guys who only want to go on the internet and listen to music and type papers, old people, children.

PC computers are for Men and women who want to get the most that any computer can give them.
gamers, hackers, Movie CGI, music producers who actually went to school for production, and people who only want to go on the internet and type papers.

also, apple laptops have no customization options due to the fact that you WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW YOU HAVE A MACBOOKPRO 17.5in.
do you guys realize youre actually all douchebags? you even constantly tell the size of the computer.

PC laptops... skins, stickers, tons of colors types, options etc. etc. etc.

thus, <^>

Originally Posted by SirDilbert2k10

I'll keep that in mind, honestly. But this doesnt change my opinion that PC is better or just as good. Me using both products for years and comparing is why i think Mac is better.

Originally Posted by SirDilbert2k10

I'll keep that in mind, honestly. But this doesnt change my opinion that PC is better or just as good. Me using both products for years and comparing is why i think Mac is better.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

post your specs/ price?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
(especially mac guys)

You aren't going to see many prices posted ... i love my mac, ipod touch

my mbp 2010 $1500 including upgrades in ram and HD space ...
ipod touch 2nd generation (new) $30
looking into a tablet ... i'm looking for functionality and discounts ... if i can get a hookup on the ipad ... i'll consider it after i see what they add to the next version

at the end of the day pc vs. mac ... doesn't matter ... buy what you like ... buy what you can afford ... just b/c you spend more money on your mac doesn't make it better b/c it looks cool. The software/OS is why i have been a mac user for the past 3 years and will continue going fwd ... for a retail price of $2500 mbp for what i have in mine ... it's just not worth it ...

suggestion for you people buying mb, mbp ...

buy the lowest of what you're willing to spend ... buy your upgraded HD and ram ... save yourself the money ... paying apple $400 for 4 extra GB of ram
laugh.gif
 [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)](explain that please NT'er who talked about apple R&D etc)[/color] ... paying $150 for an upgrade to $500gb from 320gb  
laugh.gif
... i see why PC heads laugh ... like it was stated ... Apple = Louis V ... nice quality ... overpriced....

Question though for everyone ... is something really overpriced if enough people are willing to pay for it?

As with anything yall buy ... ask yourself how much the item is worth, and then ask yourself how much are you willing to pay? After that protracted response ... but b/c this is NT

Mac > PC

and if someone mentions MB Air
indifferent.gif
another overpriced product
Just called me out...

When did I ever say ram was part of R&D? I said their products are sold at a higher margin to subsidize the high R&D costs.... You must be illiterate.

Apples R&D is spent on their OS Software, and the development of their hardware lines including the imacs, ipods, iphones and all that other stuff. They engineer everything themselves and sell everything themselves, creating barriers against other companies stealing their IP. In return, they are the only ones selling it, and they do a damned good job at it. This is their business model.

When have you ever seen any other computer manufacturer other than Apple run OSX. How many manufacturers run Windows 7? Exactly.

is something really overpriced if enough people are willing to pay for it?
How much is enough people? We talking about market share or an absolute number?

The fact that people are willing to pay for it is besides the point. Overpriced is determined by the value you get from a product. It's not overpriced to people that have bought it, but those that don't see the value will think it's overpriced. As of now, a lot more people think it's overpriced than not, seeing as how the marketshare between apple and the competition stands at about 10%.

Gartner_Q1_2010.jpg

the point was no matter how they go about spending money ... their products WHICH I OWN are overpriced for what you get in the box ... in 2010 ...  A 2000$ COMPUTER SHOULD HAVE MORE THAN A 320GB HD ... that is all ...i was using one of your comments as an example ... i like their stuff ... but if i couldn't get it at a reasonable price i wouldn't buy it ...i can afford it but i'm not paying all that money when the specs are normal ...

the overpriced point is my opinion ... i was also trying to say maybe it's not b/c people buy their products like mad @ their price points with no complaints ... and then spend another $200-300 on apple care .... was my computer worth me spending $2800 on ... imo no ...

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

post your specs/ price?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
(especially mac guys)

You aren't going to see many prices posted ... i love my mac, ipod touch

my mbp 2010 $1500 including upgrades in ram and HD space ...
ipod touch 2nd generation (new) $30
looking into a tablet ... i'm looking for functionality and discounts ... if i can get a hookup on the ipad ... i'll consider it after i see what they add to the next version

at the end of the day pc vs. mac ... doesn't matter ... buy what you like ... buy what you can afford ... just b/c you spend more money on your mac doesn't make it better b/c it looks cool. The software/OS is why i have been a mac user for the past 3 years and will continue going fwd ... for a retail price of $2500 mbp for what i have in mine ... it's just not worth it ...

suggestion for you people buying mb, mbp ...

buy the lowest of what you're willing to spend ... buy your upgraded HD and ram ... save yourself the money ... paying apple $400 for 4 extra GB of ram
laugh.gif
 [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)](explain that please NT'er who talked about apple R&D etc)[/color] ... paying $150 for an upgrade to $500gb from 320gb  
laugh.gif
... i see why PC heads laugh ... like it was stated ... Apple = Louis V ... nice quality ... overpriced....

Question though for everyone ... is something really overpriced if enough people are willing to pay for it?

As with anything yall buy ... ask yourself how much the item is worth, and then ask yourself how much are you willing to pay? After that protracted response ... but b/c this is NT

Mac > PC

and if someone mentions MB Air
indifferent.gif
another overpriced product
Just called me out...

When did I ever say ram was part of R&D? I said their products are sold at a higher margin to subsidize the high R&D costs.... You must be illiterate.

Apples R&D is spent on their OS Software, and the development of their hardware lines including the imacs, ipods, iphones and all that other stuff. They engineer everything themselves and sell everything themselves, creating barriers against other companies stealing their IP. In return, they are the only ones selling it, and they do a damned good job at it. This is their business model.

When have you ever seen any other computer manufacturer other than Apple run OSX. How many manufacturers run Windows 7? Exactly.

is something really overpriced if enough people are willing to pay for it?
How much is enough people? We talking about market share or an absolute number?

The fact that people are willing to pay for it is besides the point. Overpriced is determined by the value you get from a product. It's not overpriced to people that have bought it, but those that don't see the value will think it's overpriced. As of now, a lot more people think it's overpriced than not, seeing as how the marketshare between apple and the competition stands at about 10%.

Gartner_Q1_2010.jpg

the point was no matter how they go about spending money ... their products WHICH I OWN are overpriced for what you get in the box ... in 2010 ...  A 2000$ COMPUTER SHOULD HAVE MORE THAN A 320GB HD ... that is all ...i was using one of your comments as an example ... i like their stuff ... but if i couldn't get it at a reasonable price i wouldn't buy it ...i can afford it but i'm not paying all that money when the specs are normal ...

the overpriced point is my opinion ... i was also trying to say maybe it's not b/c people buy their products like mad @ their price points with no complaints ... and then spend another $200-300 on apple care .... was my computer worth me spending $2800 on ... imo no ...

i had the bloated battery on my mb 2007 ... i had a cracked casing due to a defect in the construction on the white mb ... i've had my computer crash 2x b/c of apple updates ... macs aren't immune to problems ... i like the software and how it runs with the OS ... that is what does it for me ... i've had problems on both windows and Macs ...

apple did replace the casing and the battery for free though
pimp.gif
so i can't knock their service ... i would never pay for apple care but that's me ...

i'll get a new ipod touch next year ... and if a company doesn't come out with a folding tablet that i like with a pen in the next 6 months i'll look at an ipad ...

apple makes good stuff ... but it's not the end all be all that people make it out to be

I also can build PCs ... i'm not building a laptop though ... my mbp will do just fine

Back
Top Bottom