This is why Mac users think they are so special huh?

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Macs are the Jordans of the comp world.
High quality, reliable, and piffness.
Macs>
I mean really the product is backed by one of the best hardware companies.
You dudes keep saying custom pc>mac but if you factor in all the headaches a non tech savvy person(a boat load of ppl) just to get your pc to mimic a mac
It'd probably be best to just cop a mac.
Macs let you get .... done.
PCs....not so much....
o wow
people gotta stop comparing shoes to computers

why do people always assume a pc is cheaper than a mac? sure on average the pc is indeed cheaper than a mac but there are also power house users who spends just as much money  as mac users would on their computer 

and for the price you can get a very nice PC with stacked hardware.  mac users will say snow leopard is better but give us some technical analysis on why its better because I have W7 and SL dual boot and I am almost never on SL.

when I am on W7 i feel like i have control of what i am doing

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

post your specs/ price?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
(especially mac guys)

You aren't going to see many prices posted ... i love my mac, ipod touch

my mbp 2010 $1500 including upgrades in ram and HD space ...
ipod touch 2nd generation (new) $30
looking into a tablet ... i'm looking for functionality and discounts ... if i can get a hookup on the ipad ... i'll consider it after i see what they add to the next version

at the end of the day pc vs. mac ... doesn't matter ... buy what you like ... buy what you can afford ... just b/c you spend more money on your mac doesn't make it better b/c it looks cool. The software/OS is why i have been a mac user for the past 3 years and will continue going fwd ... for a retail price of $2500 mbp for what i have in mine ... it's just not worth it ...

suggestion for you people buying mb, mbp ...

buy the lowest of what you're willing to spend ... buy your upgraded HD and ram ... save yourself the money ... paying apple $400 for 4 extra GB of ram
laugh.gif
 (explain that please NT'er who talked about apple R&D etc) ... paying $150 for an upgrade to $500gb from 320gb  
laugh.gif
... i see why PC heads laugh ... like it was stated ... Apple = Louis V ... nice quality ... overpriced....

Question though for everyone ... is something really overpriced if enough people are willing to pay for it?

As with anything yall buy ... ask yourself how much the item is worth, and then ask yourself how much are you willing to pay? After that protracted response ... but b/c this is NT

Mac > PC

and if someone mentions MB Air
indifferent.gif
another overpriced product

post your specs/ price?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
(especially mac guys)

looking into a tablet ... i'm looking for functionality and discounts ... if i can get a hookup on the ipad ... i'll consider it after i see what they add to the next version

at the end of the day pc vs. mac ... doesn't matter ... buy what you like ... buy what you can afford ... just b/c you spend more money on your mac doesn't make it better b/c it looks cool. The software/OS is why i have been a mac user for the past 3 years and will continue going fwd ... for a retail price of $2500 mbp for what i have in mine ... it's just not worth it ...

buy the lowest of what you're willing to spend ... buy your upgraded HD and ram ... save yourself the money ... paying apple $400 for 4 extra GB of ram
laugh.gif
 (explain that please NT'er who talked about apple R&D etc) ... paying $150 for an upgrade to $500gb from 320gb  
laugh.gif
... i see why PC heads laugh ... like it was stated ... Apple = Louis V ... nice quality ... overpriced....

Question though for everyone ... is something really overpriced if enough people are willing to pay for it?

As with anything yall buy ... ask yourself how much the item is worth, and then ask yourself how much are you willing to pay? After that protracted response ... but b/c this is NT

Mac > PC

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Unix Architecture> NT Architecture.

Don't forget Linux core OS is Unix.

Add one more little tidbit.

The value of owning a Macbook does't depreciate by much, but on a PC you'll lose a lot.

You buy a Macbook Pro for $1200 in year you can sell it for at least $1100 or $900. Depending on its condition and if the warranty is still available on the computer.

On the other hand, You buy a $1200 PC computer which is should be premium laptop, with all the bells and whistles. Sell that in a year you can probably get $300-500 for it.

Reason why?....Technology becomes cheaper and New ones are developed. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 they all have changes in within them and reason why some software from XP can't run on Vista or 7 at al, plus you need a certain version of windows 7(Ultimate) to run it, but you also need virtualization hard to make it compatible.

OS X hasn't changed by much and is still being used from 2001. Improvements have been made, but the old software that ran on a Power PC can still run on Intel Processor and Vise versa for the OS edition.

The OS is by far the most important aspect of owning a computer, cause it determines how long the software can last and how far you push the hardware to last just as long .

Who spends $1300 on a piece of technology and looks to sell it less than a year later?

Also I really don't believe a MSRP 1300.00 Macbook sold for 900 used. I just looked on ebay and couldn't find one.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Unix Architecture> NT Architecture.

Don't forget Linux core OS is Unix.

Add one more little tidbit.

The value of owning a Macbook does't depreciate by much, but on a PC you'll lose a lot.

You buy a Macbook Pro for $1200 in year you can sell it for at least $1100 or $900. Depending on its condition and if the warranty is still available on the computer.

On the other hand, You buy a $1200 PC computer which is should be premium laptop, with all the bells and whistles. Sell that in a year you can probably get $300-500 for it.

Reason why?....Technology becomes cheaper and New ones are developed. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 they all have changes in within them and reason why some software from XP can't run on Vista or 7 at al, plus you need a certain version of windows 7(Ultimate) to run it, but you also need virtualization hard to make it compatible.

OS X hasn't changed by much and is still being used from 2001. Improvements have been made, but the old software that ran on a Power PC can still run on Intel Processor and Vise versa for the OS edition.

The OS is by far the most important aspect of owning a computer, cause it determines how long the software can last and how far you push the hardware to last just as long .

Who spends $1300 on a piece of technology and looks to sell it less than a year later?

Also I really don't believe a MSRP 1300.00 Macbook sold for 900 used. I just looked on ebay and couldn't find one.

Apples are for people not that good at computers? Then why are they the industry standard in graphic design, photo/movie editing and music production?

Being able to use the CS suite & music production software does not mean you are good with computers (as a general baseline I'd say someone is good with computers if they know what to do with a program such as msconfig), it means you are can use that software. Aside for the typography rendering in os x vs windows, these are just tools and either OS will not make someone a better designer/filmmaker/producer.

In terms of hardware you are being ripped off with a Mac, plain and simple. The exterior design, brand, and service is what you're really paying for (Snow Leopard is $29) as well as being idiot proof for the most part.

Apples are for people not that good at computers? Then why are they the industry standard in graphic design, photo/movie editing and music production?

Being able to use the CS suite & music production software does not mean you are good with computers (as a general baseline I'd say someone is good with computers if they know what to do with a program such as msconfig), it means you are can use that software. Aside for the typography rendering in os x vs windows, these are just tools and either OS will not make someone a better designer/filmmaker/producer.

In terms of hardware you are being ripped off with a Mac, plain and simple. The exterior design, brand, and service is what you're really paying for (Snow Leopard is $29) as well as being idiot proof for the most part.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

Mac users
30t6p3b.gif

i can understand how they like the functionality of the macs, but blindly paying those prices for a sub par computer.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

custom pc > mac anyday.

do some research you can build a better pc with way less $$$, oh and hey you can run you beloved mac os and windows 7 on the same computer!!
grin.gif
eek.gif

people still like saving money these days right? im guessing

alright man  point in the right direction for a custom PC

btw i got a crappy dell with some AMD joint this ()&#$# dumb basic
laugh.gif

ive just put it off for a while, im coppin like now/this month an upgrade.

i want that new iCore processor or w/e its called
laugh.gif

they gonna love you over there @ apple

laugh.gif
srsly

but Audi, if you're serious. I got a couple sites that will help you out on building a custom PC that will outperform a mac.

laugh.gif
iCore processor.

like i said before, what i like about my PC is that i can do anything to it's hardware. im not limited to just changing ram and HDD.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

Mac users
30t6p3b.gif

i can understand how they like the functionality of the macs, but blindly paying those prices for a sub par computer.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

custom pc > mac anyday.

do some research you can build a better pc with way less $$$, oh and hey you can run you beloved mac os and windows 7 on the same computer!!
grin.gif
eek.gif

people still like saving money these days right? im guessing

alright man  point in the right direction for a custom PC

btw i got a crappy dell with some AMD joint this ()&#$# dumb basic
laugh.gif

ive just put it off for a while, im coppin like now/this month an upgrade.

i want that new iCore processor or w/e its called
laugh.gif

they gonna love you over there @ apple

laugh.gif
srsly

but Audi, if you're serious. I got a couple sites that will help you out on building a custom PC that will outperform a mac.

laugh.gif
iCore processor.

like i said before, what i like about my PC is that i can do anything to it's hardware. im not limited to just changing ram and HDD.

I have a BlackBook but honestly the main reason I got it was because of the OS... Its build quality is amazing but the OS is the real killer here and I don't want to deal with Windows.

Thats what it comes down to with me. All that other stuff is a trump card ya'll can argue over on message board.

I have a BlackBook but honestly the main reason I got it was because of the OS... Its build quality is amazing but the OS is the real killer here and I don't want to deal with Windows.

Thats what it comes down to with me. All that other stuff is a trump card ya'll can argue over on message board.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

post your specs/ price?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
(especially mac guys)

laugh.gif
 [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)](explain that please NT'er who talked about apple R&D etc)[/color] ... paying $150 for an upgrade to $500gb from 320gb  
laugh.gif

Mac > PC

indifferent.gif
Just called me out...

When did I ever say ram was part of R&D? I said their products are sold at a higher margin to subsidize the high R&D costs.... You must be illiterate.

Apples R&D is spent on their OS Software, and the development of their hardware lines including the imacs, ipods, iphones and all that other stuff. They engineer everything themselves and sell everything themselves, creating barriers against other companies stealing their IP. In return, they are the only ones selling it, and they do a damned good job at it. This is their business model.

When have you ever seen any other computer manufacturer other than Apple run OSX. How many manufacturers run Windows 7? Exactly.

is something really overpriced if enough people are willing to pay for it?
How much is enough people? We talking about market share or an absolute number?

The fact that people are willing to pay for it is besides the point. Overpriced is determined by the value you get from a product. It's not overpriced to people that have bought it, but those that don't see the value will think it's overpriced. As of now, a lot more people think it's overpriced than not, seeing as how the marketshare between apple and the competition stands at about 10%.

Gartner_Q1_2010.jpg

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

post your specs/ price?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
(especially mac guys)

laugh.gif
 [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)](explain that please NT'er who talked about apple R&D etc)[/color] ... paying $150 for an upgrade to $500gb from 320gb  
laugh.gif

Mac > PC

indifferent.gif
Just called me out...

When did I ever say ram was part of R&D? I said their products are sold at a higher margin to subsidize the high R&D costs.... You must be illiterate.

Apples R&D is spent on their OS Software, and the development of their hardware lines including the imacs, ipods, iphones and all that other stuff. They engineer everything themselves and sell everything themselves, creating barriers against other companies stealing their IP. In return, they are the only ones selling it, and they do a damned good job at it. This is their business model.

When have you ever seen any other computer manufacturer other than Apple run OSX. How many manufacturers run Windows 7? Exactly.

is something really overpriced if enough people are willing to pay for it?
How much is enough people? We talking about market share or an absolute number?

The fact that people are willing to pay for it is besides the point. Overpriced is determined by the value you get from a product. It's not overpriced to people that have bought it, but those that don't see the value will think it's overpriced. As of now, a lot more people think it's overpriced than not, seeing as how the marketshare between apple and the competition stands at about 10%.

Gartner_Q1_2010.jpg

Originally Posted by Napoleon

This.

Since I bought my MBP in '06, I never looked back.

Originally Posted by Napoleon

This.

Since I bought my MBP in '06, I never looked back.

I am one of the most unbiased Computer owners there is and i gotta say you are out your damn mind if you think PC is even a tad bit better than mac.

Way back when i had a PC when i was young and my mom said she was buying a Mac desktop instead of another PC. I was pissssssedd. I did not want to change whatsoever. She got it, i got used to it, and now for life i will prefer Mac over PC. Now that im off in college i didnt have 1200 to drop on a MBP, so i got a Sony Vaio that was cheaper. This thing is 4 months old and my 6 year old Mac Mini Desktop runs 10 times better than this POS. How does that happen?? Every single god dam day there is something i gotta deal with cause of Windows and i sit there and say i want my frggin mac back. It almost drives me insane cause i was so used to having one. This isnt a matter of being a fanboy, this is just common sense that Mac completely ****ttts on Windows.

If you dont think so than you're clearly a PC fanboy who is too stubborn to switch over cause you know once you do your not going back. There's a reason Mac is more expensive...you'll most likely go through 2-3 computers in a 10 year span or spend ridiculous amounts of money to maintain it and keep fixing it, where as a Mac will be going strong 10+ years. The only real reason you would need a new one is because its out dated.

I can understand that if you need a computer quickly and dont have the money at that time to get a Mac. But if you do have the money and chose to get a PC anyway than you just got royally boned by PC.

2 months after i got my Vaio im in geek sqaud and they're telling me PC's weren't designed to be a standy-by and that if you do it for more than an hour + your hard drive will get ruined. Seriously, how do you fail to have a computer stay in good shape by being on stand by? It's the smallest most simple stuff that PC can't fix. Then i find out if you leave your charger in when its already fully charged your battery will go to @+%% which is what happened to mine. I got 50 minutes of battery life on my Vaio and i had to order a new battery. 50 minutes... Then i find out Mac's have a feature that when your computer is fully charged the charger quits while still being plugged in so it doenst ruin the battery.

Can PC not take a single note from Mac to make their products better? Something as simple as that? Bill Gates SMD you suck, if it wasn't for Xbox being so dam great i would have wished death upon you many many times.
everyday i count my pennies so i can get a Mac back in my hands 
tired.gif

Well i needed to let that out.../rant

I am one of the most unbiased Computer owners there is and i gotta say you are out your damn mind if you think PC is even a tad bit better than mac.

Way back when i had a PC when i was young and my mom said she was buying a Mac desktop instead of another PC. I was pissssssedd. I did not want to change whatsoever. She got it, i got used to it, and now for life i will prefer Mac over PC. Now that im off in college i didnt have 1200 to drop on a MBP, so i got a Sony Vaio that was cheaper. This thing is 4 months old and my 6 year old Mac Mini Desktop runs 10 times better than this POS. How does that happen?? Every single god dam day there is something i gotta deal with cause of Windows and i sit there and say i want my frggin mac back. It almost drives me insane cause i was so used to having one. This isnt a matter of being a fanboy, this is just common sense that Mac completely ****ttts on Windows.

If you dont think so than you're clearly a PC fanboy who is too stubborn to switch over cause you know once you do your not going back. There's a reason Mac is more expensive...you'll most likely go through 2-3 computers in a 10 year span or spend ridiculous amounts of money to maintain it and keep fixing it, where as a Mac will be going strong 10+ years. The only real reason you would need a new one is because its out dated.

I can understand that if you need a computer quickly and dont have the money at that time to get a Mac. But if you do have the money and chose to get a PC anyway than you just got royally boned by PC.

2 months after i got my Vaio im in geek sqaud and they're telling me PC's weren't designed to be a standy-by and that if you do it for more than an hour + your hard drive will get ruined. Seriously, how do you fail to have a computer stay in good shape by being on stand by? It's the smallest most simple stuff that PC can't fix. Then i find out if you leave your charger in when its already fully charged your battery will go to @+%% which is what happened to mine. I got 50 minutes of battery life on my Vaio and i had to order a new battery. 50 minutes... Then i find out Mac's have a feature that when your computer is fully charged the charger quits while still being plugged in so it doenst ruin the battery.

Can PC not take a single note from Mac to make their products better? Something as simple as that? Bill Gates SMD you suck, if it wasn't for Xbox being so dam great i would have wished death upon you many many times.
everyday i count my pennies so i can get a Mac back in my hands 
tired.gif

Well i needed to let that out.../rant

windows has nothing to do with the hardware. turn your attention towards hp, dell, asus, msi, toshiba, sony, and countless others.

got a beef with the software? look at windows.

people need to stop associating the hardware with windows. unless it's a zune or an xbox, it isn't their fault if your PC is full of bloatware or the hardware is a POS

If you dont think so than you're clearly a PC fanboy who is too stubborn to switch over cause you know once you do your not going back

that's BS. i started as a PC user and wanted to try my luck with apple.. so i did, for 3-4 years. i went back to PC once i learned how to build my own. im not looking back at apple. not in the near future, if ever.

you're not unbiased, you're too dumb to know #*+ you're talking about.

windows has nothing to do with the hardware. turn your attention towards hp, dell, asus, msi, toshiba, sony, and countless others.

got a beef with the software? look at windows.

people need to stop associating the hardware with windows. unless it's a zune or an xbox, it isn't their fault if your PC is full of bloatware or the hardware is a POS

If you dont think so than you're clearly a PC fanboy who is too stubborn to switch over cause you know once you do your not going back

that's BS. i started as a PC user and wanted to try my luck with apple.. so i did, for 3-4 years. i went back to PC once i learned how to build my own. im not looking back at apple. not in the near future, if ever.

you're not unbiased, you're too dumb to know #*+ you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom