Thoughts on the Johnathon Martin - Ritchie Incognito situation?

The pompous, dismissive, elitist "oh you think different then me so I'm going to completely disregard your opinion and act like I'm smarter then you" mindset some niketalkers have is comical. Some of you come across as if you think your smarter then you really are.

I really wanna copy this post and put it in just about every thread on this entire site.

Participating in hazing and then cry over getting picked on :lol: ehhh

And comparing a sports locker room to the corporate world is idiotic :lol: but I'll let y'all tell it

I honestly think Martin has some personal issues and instead of seeking help he let it make him an emotional wreck

I just don't understand how he was forced to pay 15k for a trip....at some point as a man I would think he would say something to make it known he wasn't cool with all this

Why keep it to yourself to the point you have an emotional breakdown? That's not normal.....and IMO I think that's why so many teammates are supporting incognito ....Martin never showed signs until the day he finally snapped

But none of us know the full story so it's all speculation at this point

smh @ dudes getting offensive over a word the white man made,but last time i checked when you add slang to a word your accepting it, but dudes wanna go super saiyan when a non black says it because of the history, if someone is using the word in the same context as your using it dont catch feelings, everybody non black that says the n word isnt prejudice " no thats our word you cant use it, only we can" get over it
my roommate got his chin checked

Had to turn off Mike and Mike this morning, talking about hazing and buying donuts/pizza. Many terms getting blurred and confused. Until something new, I'm off sports radio :lol:

Last edited:

wow ricky williams is pretty stupid. used to love the guy. what a shame
Yeah what the hell does Ricky Williams know about the NFL compared to you? They should be interviewing everybody on Niketalk instead of current and former players.
bro, you just said you let your white friends call you a ****** and threaten your mom.  everything after that is null and void.

BUT I'd say this guy knows a good bit about the NFL, most than most NTers and more than Ricky Williams, and he disagrees
Hindsight is totally my favorite way to see things. Everything is much more clear. Like if you're a former NFL executive or NFL coach, now would be a good time to point out that you wouldn't have drafted Richie Incognito.

Over the past 24 hours, former Colts/Buccaneers  coach Tony Dungy and formerPatriots/Chiefs  executive Scott Pioli did just that. (Incognito, by the way, was suspended indefinitely  on Sunday by the Dolphins  over a bullying/hazing/locker room incident with fellow lineman Jonathan Martin.)

"I didn't want him coming out [of college], and I don't want him now," Pioli said on NBC Sunday night.

Pioli beat on Incognito pretty hard, noting that if Incognito's a leader in your locker room then your locker room has a leadership problem. That's certainly a fair stance.

When Incognito was drafted in 2005, Pioli was with the Patriots. They've been known to take a gamble or two on players lacking in perfect personal history. That he would have such a strong opinion of Incognito tells you something.

The Colts felt the same way apparently. Dungy said on the Dan Patrick Show  that Incognito was placed on Indy's "DNDC" list. What does that stand for?

"Do not draft because of character."

Dungy added that hazing isn't something that has  to happen but rather something that'sallowed  to happen.

"It doesn't happen everywhere," Dungy said. "It happens where you allow it to happen."

Former Colts GM Bill Polian echoed similar sentiments on SportsCenter  Monday. Polian said Indianapolis had "a very strong anti-hazing and anti-bullying policy" when he and Dungy ran the team and that the policy was "enforced" by leaders in the locker room.

This is something the Dolphins clearly don't have. It's always easier to criticize in hindsight, but it's quite clear something went seriously amiss while Miami was building their locker-room culture.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24186395/tony-dungy-scott-pioli-say-richie-incognito-was-off-draft-boards​

Last edited:
Yo how is Ricky Williams stupid? He basically backed up what a lot of the sane people in this thread had said.

Lol, dan ****** or whatever his name is getting called out on espn by one of the mikes. If you don't know what you're talking about keep your mouth shut

What the **** is this dude talking about I let my white friends call me a N and threaten my mom? :lol:

I said I've heard people joke hard the same way that Incognito did to Martin and that in this day and age the N word is highly used by the younger white people of this generation. It's not a racial slur to most younger people anymore, it's just a slang term that they'd use instead of "dude" or "bro". In a business workplace are you going to find grown white men using it...no. But these aren't business men in the NFL and college. They're highly trained athletes that for the most part do nothing but work out and party, have had everything handed to them for quite some time and think they can get away with anything.

my roommate got his chin checked
Smh, whoever did it is mentally weak and needs to know that its a new day and age
I did it.

I've told the story before in a few other threads, but after a couple months of hearing "spook", "darky" and every other racial slur in the books, and after dozens of conversations about it, we threw hands.  And to this day dude is one of my best friends in the world.  Also, it was in the military, I'm sure college may have a different atmosphere

What the **** is this dude talking about I let my white friends call me a N and threaten my mom? :lol:

I said I've heard people joke hard the same way that Incognito did to Martin and that in this day and age the N word is highly used by the younger white people of this generation. It's not a racial slur to most younger people anymore, it's just a slang term that they'd use instead of "dude" or "bro". In a business workplace are you going to find grown white men using it...no. But these aren't business men in the NFL and college. They're highly trained athletes that for the most part do nothing but work out and party, have had everything handed to them for quite some time and think they can get away with anything.

What are you talking about? You've stated your opinion like its fact.

Half-N = joking....same as dude and bro :lol: Really???!!!??

I did it.

I've told the story before in a few other threads, but after a couple months of hearing "spook", "darky" and every other racial slur in the books, and after dozens of conversations about it, we threw hands.  And to this day dude is one of my best friends in the world.  Also, it was in the military, I'm sure college may have a different atmosphere

I feel what your saying but in todays age non blacks use it to fit in with the culture, if he was trying to bring you down as a black man then thats a different story

You've never said in jest to one of your friends that you were going to "kill them"?

You really think he wanted to **** in Martin's mouth and slap his mother? C'mon man...I've heard worse, and those people weren't actually joking like Incognito was.

And if you're that offended by him using the N word in the way he was using it then you either must be a long time removed from college, never have went or been a loner your whole life. It's basically commonly accepted around most circles depending on if you're cool with the person or not. I guess every 16-25 year old white chick should be condemned for their actions on social networks.
you sound cool with it here.  Nobody is telling me they're going to slap my mother, joking or not.

And idk where you're from, but white people throwing around the N word around African Americanswould definitely end badly anywhere I've ever been outside of Riverside, CA

Also, it was in the military, I'm sure college may have a different atmosphere

Ya don't say?

Your best friend was calling you "spook" and "darky" and you're saying I need new friends :lol:

And DoubleJ's...I was talking about in the way Incognito said the N word in the Pouncey video.

Last edited:

Also, it was in the military, I'm sure college may have a different atmosphere
Ya don't say?

Your best friend was calling you "spook" and "darky" and you're saying I need new friends
laugh.gif
and that got handled, I definitely wasn't cool with it, or let it slide.  We fist fought every day for a year, and one day we sat down and talked about our lives, and ever since that day ***** been different

wow ricky williams is pretty stupid. used to love the guy. what a shame

Yeah what the hell does Ricky Williams know about the NFL compared to you? They should be interviewing everybody on Niketalk instead of current and former players.

Hooooooold up...are you not the same person who said this, and I quote:

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I find it rather hilarious that people are listening to Randy Moss and Keyshawn Johnson about character issues like this. Both of them did whatever the hell they wanted their whole careers and turned locker rooms into complete **** whenever things weren't going their way. Ditka was a great coach but he was one of the biggest sons of ******* in the world when he was coaching...I'm sure some of the **** he said was just as bad as what Incognito said (except he wasn't joking). Urlacher was a great player but he also was a dickhead. Another meathead that probably "bullied" the **** out of younger players that he didn't like.

An entire post about maybe this, probably, could have, possibly :lol: in response to me saying:

"Oh he's so soft and *****made Martin is 6-5 320 lbs so he should be able to take it" stop it with the nonsense. like some of your high school football hazing stories really trump the myriad of actual nfl stars who have said this is absurd and would not have gone down in their lockerroom. I'm talking: Moss, Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Cris carter, Keyshawn, ditka, among others. Miami has a lockerroom devoid of any real leadership."

When I brought up a whole slew of former NFL players and future/current HOFers questioning their motives and career paths, meanwhile you support a dude who left football quit multiple times, and couldn't play bc he wanted to smoke pot all damn day and do yoga :rofl: mannnn y'all are FUNNY :rofl:. The complete 180 when one single player supports your stance :lol: Pick a side man, either the players know or they don't. I'll side with the plethora of players I've listed who were leaders in their lockerrooms and not ricky williams....but you'll call out Randy and Cris arguing on sidelines about wanting the football :stoneface:

Last edited:
Difference of opinion means you're insane?

Not really but I rather take the advice of someone who played the game and was known to have social issues. Than some kids who rather fight and risk everything because they don't want be labeled "soft".

Back
Top Bottom