Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

The fact that someone can sell someone else and treat them as property is wrong. It's morally wrong. The fact that god tells you it's ok to beat your slave as long as he doesn't die is wrong.
The indentured servant system at that time you were trying to pay off your debts or make money by going into slavery, with a maximum of 6 years time. You can specifically choose to continue being a slave if you want: 

But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go free."

-Exodus 21:5

You can elect to continue your slavery. If you're broke, there's no unemployment, food stamps, you starve to death and die. But the homeless and poor can elect to into slavery and get back on their feet. Anyone could become a slave:

A Hebrew could even become a slave of a fellow Hebrew (Exodus 21:2). 

"Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven."

-Colossians 4:1

And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

-Ephesians 6:9

It's not saying, Yeah, beat the hell out of your slaves, just don't kill them.

It's more saying (in todays terms) if you have a dude who owes you a million dollars, he can become your slave and do your bidding for a year. Your slave and you engage in a physical altercation, and you kill said slave, you will pay with your life. It's rules, not morality.

It's not saying it's morally okay to beat someone. The bible is very consistent about how you should treat people throughout. It's saying if there comes a situation where this happens, you kill your slave, you're going to pay with your life. NOT,it's the right thing to do to beat your slave. He didn't want abuse or mistreating of slaves:

When a man strikes the eye of his slave, male or female, and destroys it, he shall let the slave go free because of his eye. If he knocks out the tooth of his slave, male or female, he shall let the slave go free because of his tooth.

-Exodus 21:26-27

At this time there were no prisons. If someone did something wrong you were going to pay financial compensation, get the hell beat out of you, or be killed. Since one of those is financial compensation, many would have to undergo indentured servitude (slave) to pay it off for their wrongdoing. I think if you were a slave and beat down unjustly you could appeal, then they would rule your debts are paid off.

I'm not Christian, but I try to understand

I don't get it

But, did I ever buy some HoA Air Max 95's off of you?

Nah, it want me wit the maxes.

You can either please the flesh or please the spirit, not both. The spirit is what connects you to God. The flesh is selfishness. So when you masterbate, you are lowering yourself, diminishing the spirit and defiling the flesh ( manipulating it, against its designed purpose)

I never said God was unfair fam..I said I dnt understand the concept of Jesus dying for our sins
My mistake bro, 

I misunderstood what you were quoting.

God died out of love for us.

Sin required of people to sacrifice

and worship in temples

But when he resurrected all of 

that became obsolete.

Instead we worship him in Spirit and the

Truth of his Word

My mistake bro, 

and worship in temples
that became obsolete.
Truth of his Word

Mayb u just smarter than me but that doesn't make sense bro...I feel like u just quoting scripture

The indentured servant system at that time you were trying to pay off your debts or make money by going into slavery, with a maximum of 6 years time. You can specifically choose to continue being a slave if you want: 
But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go free."
-Exodus 21:5
You can elect to continue your slavery. If you're broke, there's no unemployment, food stamps, you starve to death and die. But the homeless and poor can elect to into slavery and get back on their feet. Anyone could become a slave:
A Hebrew could even become a slave of a fellow Hebrew (Exodus 21:2). 

"Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven."
-Colossians 4:1

And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.
-Ephesians 6:9

It's not saying, Yeah, beat the hell out of your slaves, just don't kill them.

It's more saying (in todays terms) if you have a dude who owes you a million dollars, he can become your slave and do your bidding for a year. Your slave and you engage in a physical altercation, and you kill said slave, you will pay with your life. It's rules, not morality.

It's not saying it's morally okay to beat someone. The bible is very consistent about how you should treat people throughout. It's saying if there comes a situation where this happens, you kill your slave, you're going to pay with your life. NOT,it's the right thing to do to beat your slave. He didn't want abuse or mistreating of slaves:

When a man strikes the eye of his slave, male or female, and destroys it, he shall let the slave go free because of his eye. If he knocks out the tooth of his slave, male or female, he shall let the slave go free because of his tooth.
-Exodus 21:26-27

At this time there were no prisons. If someone did something wrong you were going to pay financial compensation, get the hell beat out of you, or be killed. Since one of those is financial compensation, many would have to undergo indentured servitude (slave) to pay it off for their wrongdoing. I think if you were a slave and beat down unjustly you could appeal, then they would rule your debts are paid off.

I'm not Christian, but I try to understand

But this makes think this was written by men of that time to justify their actions and their culture. God could have easily said no you will not treat anybody like this regardless of circumstances. Look what evolved from that? If you can foresee the future then why not stop it.

My mistake bro, 

and worship in temples
that became obsolete.
Truth of his Word

Mayb u just smarter than me but that doesn't make sense bro...I feel like u just quoting scripture

Bingo. Ya'll are wasting your time, no real opinions behind this hypocrite. How can someone who said they were most recently a huge sinner be so judgemental and throw packaged bible buzz terms at you? Smh at how long this is, smh at ya'll for riding with it. Nothing intellectual to see here.

Last edited:
The Spirit gives understanding.

I myself am no Einstein, like most 

of these evolutionists and philosophers

in this thread.

But, I know this.

I once was blind; but now I can see.

The knowledge of God comes

with humility...

Go on, what do you mean? He was a martyr for himself?
Jesus Christ, son of god, was Martyr for CHRISTianity

Jesus gave the people he taught a way to live. Since there are 1.2 Billion Catholics in the world, he did a pretty damn good job.

What happened to the structure of this thread. I see quotes on the first page that came from thin air.

God works in mysterious ways even on NT

But this makes think this was written by men of that time to justify their actions and their culture. God could have easily said no you will not treat anybody like this regardless of circumstances. Look what evolved from that? If you can foresee the future then why not stop it.
Yes, people of the time had to know what to do in certain scenarios... So he tried to give guidance. Yes, god could have easily said No you will not treat anybody like this regardless, but that's where our free will kicks in. It's well documented how to treat people, Why go over it ANYMORE?

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you" Ephesians 4:32 

"“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you" John 15:12

It doesn't get anymore clear than "I COMMAND YOU TO LOVE AS I HAVE LOVED YOU"

Last edited:
Bingo. Ya'll are wasting your time, no real opinions behind this hypocrite. How can someone who said they were most recently a huge sinner be so judgemental and throw packaged bible buzz terms at you? Smh at how long this is, smh at ya'll for riding with it. Nothing intellectual to see
Bingo. Ya'll are wasting your time, no real opinions behind this hypocrite. How can someone who said they were most recently a huge sinner be so judgemental and throw packaged bible buzz terms at you? Smh at how long this is, smh at ya'll for riding with it. Nothing intellectual to see here.
That is how great God is

He can change someone like 

me in the blink of an eye.

All it takes is for you

to humble yourself.

I say this as someone who cares

for the souls of you all. 

Babies cannot know God. Thats why they are baptized to be saved but later confirm once they are able to make those decisions. Idk what church doctrine says but I would assume they enter into heaven.

People who are "ignorant" and dont acknowledge God go to hell. Its not pleasent sounding but thats the black and white answer.
:rofl:

So god set people up for failure?

If you're born in the far regions of Thailand....

You're going to hell because you never heard about Christ... being that you live in the other side of the world?

And :stoneface: @ the bible for condoning slavery.

Stuff like that rustles my jimmies because black people had the wool straight pulled over their eyes...

Worshipping a religion that gave your enslavers the godlike permission to enslave you?

:stoneface:

My mistake bro, 

and worship in temples
that became obsolete.
Truth of his Word

If god is eternal then why would he die? Why would he sacrifice himself to himself? Can he not erase sin with a simple thought and make us like Adam and Eve? Is life just a test for him to see how much we love him?
Yes, people of the time had to know what to do in certain scenarios... So he tried to give guidance. Yes, god could have easily said No you will not treat anybody like this regardless, but that's where our free will kicks in. It's well documented how to treat people, Why go over it ANYMORE?

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you" Ephesians 4:32 

"“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you" John 15:12

It doesn't get anymore clear than "I COMMAND YOU TO LOVE AS I HAVE LOVED YOU"

But then he wiped out the earth when we didn't do as he wanted us to do. That's conditional love wouldn't you say?

Also what would make one a master or a slave? Money or lack thereof? Why not give better guidance than teaching me how to be a slave master?

Back
Top Bottom