THREAD ABOUT SITUATIONS (T.A.S) VOL. CORONA EDITION

Emotions come and go. Chop wood. Carry water. Acknowledge your feelings but don’t let them dictate your actions. Emotional maturity comes through experiences like this. Life isn’t about how you feel but rather that you get up everyday and give it a little effort. How you are feeling now will change so in a strange way try to lean into that feeling as it’s an experience and a part of your life that is unique.

How long were y'all together for some context?
On and off for almost 2 years but been cool with each other for 8.

And good look with all the advice y’all. Just hurt she couldn’t be upfront and honest on everything. The positive to all this is I don’t really have anything tying me down now from working overseas for a few years. Maybe I’ll run into her in a few years, maybe not but I won’t let further delay me from reaching my goals.

Need that TAY advice to get over someone I was feeling real heavy. Them feels but I rather this than looking stupid and continuing wasting time.
Go on YT. Watch some of BOA's videos. His joints will have you looking at things differently.

My situation has been over a month and I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Bruh grieve and dont let it bottle up. Best thing I did was to figure out my value and logically looked at the situation. At the end of the day she did me a favor by not f***ing my life up like her past relationships. That also plays into setting boundaries early on my ends so my life remained the same.

The positive is that I have more time for myself to keep grinding. One thing I do know is that I won't be in a monogamous relationship again. It's draining and not worth it.

Last edited:
Go on YT. Watch some of BOA's videos. His joints will have you looking at things differently.

My situation has been over a month and I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Bruh grieve and dont let it bottle up. Best thing I did was to figure out my value and logically looked at the situation. At the end of the day she did me a favor by not f***ing my life up like her past relationships. That also plays into setting boundaries early on my ends so my life remained the same.

The positive is that I have more time for myself to keep grinding. One thing I do know is that I won't be in a monogamous relationship again. It's draining and not worth it.
Definitely will check out the videos.

I got way too attached and that’s what messed me up the most. I need to leave the women of my past in the past and stop rekindling things at later dates to only be disappointed.

Definitely will check out the videos.

I got way too attached and that’s what messed me up the most. I need to leave the women of my past in the past and stop rekindling things at later dates to only be disappointed.
If that's the case, check out Coach Warren on YT. You can't go back to the ex ever but in my opinion she can be a side but never commit again. The first time ol' girl leaves is who she is.

If that's the case, check out Coach Warren on YT. You can't go back to the ex ever but in my opinion she can be a side but never commit again. The first time ol' girl leaves is who she is.
Can’t even call her an ex because we weren’t in a serious relationship (together officially). I think as soon as I’m fully over here, I won’t even want her again afterwards. Pretty much the same I feel about my 3 ex’s honestly.

I’ll check these videos out shortly.

Can’t even call her an ex because we weren’t in a serious relationship (together officially). I think as soon as I’m fully over here, I won’t even want her again afterwards. Pretty much the same I feel about my 3 ex’s honestly.

I’ll check these videos out shortly.
Thats the mindset. You will quickly realized she left because she can't control you.

Thats the mindset. You will quickly realized she left because she can't control you.
I’d say it’s because she wasn’t at the same point in her life as I am. Going in between meaningless jobs that don’t benefit whatever her end goal is, constantly seeking validation from social media, still living with her family (nothing wrong with that but when you’ve been preaching moving out for almost 2 years, something needs to change). The appreciation wasn’t reciprocated from her end and it showed greatly.

She’s still in that “experiencing life” stage and honestly I don’t need to be with her during that time because all that’s going to happen is she’s going to go through her ho phase.

I’d say it’s because she wasn’t at the same point in her life as I am. Going in between meaningless jobs that don’t benefit whatever her end goal is, constantly seeking validation from social media, still living with her family (nothing wrong with that but when you’ve been preaching moving out for almost 2 years, something needs to change). The appreciation wasn’t reciprocated from her end and it showed greatly.

She’s still in that “experiencing life” stage and honestly I don’t need to be with her during that time because all that’s going to happen is she’s going to go through her ho phase.

Haha I am in the same situation. As soon as what I was teaching her worked for me, she bounced (I got a promotion). She was talking about she needs to find herself and work on herself. Two weeks later she was messing with a coworker, called me crying that it wasn't the same and was upset that I wasn't upset with her decision.

To add, every girl wants a *** phase. Don't take her back though because she will be damaged. She will never be the girl you knew. Let that be for the next sucker to deal with it.

Last edited:
Haha I am in the same situation. As soon as what I was teaching her worked for me, she bounced (I got a promotion). She was talking about she needs to find herself and work on herself. Two weeks later she was messing with a coworker, called me crying that it wasn't the same and was upset that I wasn't upset with her decision.

To add, every girl wants a *** phase. Don't take her back though because she will be damaged. She will never be the girl you knew. Let that for the next sucker to deal with it.
Funny you say that because it was one time I told her that “the way I treat you and take care of you, I want to make it difficult for the next person” we’ll see how that goes.

I know all about every chick wanting a ho phase. Hell I’ve still been going through mine since my last breakup at the end of 2017. Might be karma kicking my *** for not fully cutting people off when trying for something serious (on her that we weren’t together officially).

But speaking of damaged , I think I should’ve tried harder with her before she went through her first relationship which didn’t last long and lead to us reconnecting. Seems shawty wasn’t on the this dumb ish back then that she’s on now.

No bro you did right by not going hard the first time. The outcome would have been the same except you would be extremely hurt for trying too hard
I went hard the second time and the hurt isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I’m hurt but it’s like all the benefits outweigh the cons on if this didn’t happen, and I’m actually content with that.

Sex aside I can honestly that’s the only person I’ve fell in love with. So I blamed that as the reason.

I went through something similar. Knew a girl where the friendship and chemistry was great. Turned physical and even that was more than I expected. Knew her for 4 years, messed around for 2. She broke it off saying she needed her own time and never really had her phase and she’d forever regret it if she wasnt fully single (only dated 1 guy before me for around 5 years).

**** sucked, no lie, bc you also lose a best friend. But time does heal. Out of mind out of site. Its natural to have all these feelings you’re going through. It makes you stronger mentally and less emotional/committed in the future. Once you put anyone on a pedestal, you honestly lost. Us men make logical decisions, women mostly emotional. No reason of tryna get answers or fix things for the better. We always think we can fix or make anything better. I had to learn that the hard way. No point of tryna forget, you’ll always have a small place for her in your heart. You gotta realize there’s all types of love, but never the same love twice.

I went through something similar. Knew a girl where the friendship and chemistry was great. Turned physical and even that was more than I expected. Knew her for 4 years, messed around for 2. She broke it off saying she needed her own time and never really had her phase and she’d forever regret it if she wasnt fully single (only dated 1 guy before me for around 5 years).

**** sucked, no lie, bc you also lose a best friend. But time does heal. Out of mind out of site. Its natural to have all these feelings you’re going through. It makes you stronger mentally and less emotional/committed in the future. Once you put anyone on a pedestal, you honestly lost. Us men make logical decisions, women mostly emotional. No reason of tryna get answers or fix things for the better. We always think we can fix or make anything better. I had to learn that the hard way. No point of tryna forget, you’ll always have a small place for her in your heart. You gotta realize there’s all types of love, but never the same love twice.
Yeah it’s the fact of losing that friend aspect more than anything and also the feeling of being betrayed. You think someone’s in your corner but they’re really not. I think talking about it and getting everything off my chest actually helped me a lot so far. Do I think I won’t be hurting at a later date? No. Will I get over it? Yes. I just look at it as a learning experience of what not to do or to do in the future.

Think I found wifey for real y'all
Might have to hang up the jersey in the rafters
1600359141520.png

Back
Top Bottom