Time to lower gas prices

545665_402376996457175_100000546345737_1430251_1013425859_n.jpg

If ppl actually did this, they'd probably just raise prices on the 16th just to compensate.

I already don't go to the gas station 6 days of the week. What will postponing one day change? Everyone who skips will end up getting gas the next day lol  

Also, no propogandist video?  Not interested without fancy graphics and hip music.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

If ppl actually did this, they'd probably just raise prices on the 16th just to compensate.

Thats what i would do, you gotta get gas sooner or later

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Doesn't work like that and this whole strategy (no gas for 1 day?) will not or ever work. 
This "protest" is one of the stupidest things people has ever come up with. 

If anything we need to drive more, lower demand = higher prices with gas if I'm not mistaken.

- Hopefully this concept goes viral.  I understand that these ventures generally don't accomplish much, but at this point, a statement from the masses is needed, in some form or fashion. 
If not, where does it stop??!!!?!?!
nerd.gif

- Occupy the Gas Station
grin.gif

I was wondering how long it would take for that to go around this year. Not too bad! Only 7 days after the start of spring. It usually takes until at least April or May to get this circulated.

Correct me if I'm wrong but; here are a few of the largest public and private businesses by gross revenues:

Particulary Oil & Gas companies.

1. ExxonMobil made $486.429 (Billion) in the 2011 fiscal year.

2. Royal Dutch Shell made $470.171 (Billion) in the 2011 fiscal year.

4. BP (Whom many doth protested boycotting) made $375.517 (Billion) in the 2011 fiscal year.

6. Chevron made $253.706 (Billion).

FYI The list is limited to companies with annual revenues exceeding 50 billion U.S. dollars.

Do you really think they'd miss around 3 Billion dollars?

Spoiler [+]
Buys Premium Gas, FML.

Ummm.. But what happens when my car needs gas on the 16th or 17th... I still have to fill up.

What you don't get is, that every single person who drives a car can decide not to fill up on April 15th... But they will need to eventually.. So the "$3billion" they lose on the 15th, will be made in full within a week..

Unless everyone begins riding bicycles or takes public transportation  or walks  these stupid boycotts will have no influence on anything

Originally Posted by Essential1

Ummm.. But what happens when my car needs gas on the 16th or 17th... I still have to fill up.

What you don't get is, that every single person who drives a car can decide not to fill up on April 15th... But they will need to eventually.. So the "$3billion" they lose on the 15th, will be made in full within a week..

exactly, I say it'll be made up on the day before (when people are getting prepared for the protest) or the day after (when people that protested are in need). I wish I was smart enough to invent that Back to the Future car that ran on garbage.

"if running low, just get your gas the day before on april 14 or the day after on april 16"

laugh.gif
what's the point? one day will not affect the average of one week

the only people who really get hurt in this thing are the franchise owners of the gas stations. they barely make anything on the gas they sell, they make their money on the candy, soda, (super expensive condoms that you are only buying because you have a jumpoff thats DTF). oil companies get their cash off top.

Back
Top Bottom