To all you "JDM" guys with tow hooks

Originally Posted by CarolCitysFinest

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

Originally Posted by Munfy

I agree with ninjahood, I have yet to see a built n/a 4 cylinder take down a built n/a big block(mopar in my case). Now sure, through some boost at the 4 cylinder and make it somewhat of a race but a boosted big block maxes out 2,000 hp chassis dynos. BIG BLOCK = PAH!

four cylinders were never built for speed, they were built for economy
and thats the way they need to stay. its not even cost effective to build a performance 4 cylinder maybe a boosted 6 but still v8 the way to go.
turp_0806_03_z+arc_2008_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_x+engine_bay.jpg

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by 23dude

suped up v8 >>>>>>>> v4
eek.gif
wow, your opinion worthless.
INLINE4>V8s

You will be grown one day child.
yeah....cuz 1/2 da engine power means its "better"
laugh.gif

big block V8 >>>>> gokart 4 banger engines w/ a fart can that i see scurrying around town...
you ever heard of the 305? All those huge V8s of the late 70-80s with NO power?
what 70-80's 4 and 6 cylinders had so much power stock?
roll.gif
maybe im missing your point if so my bad but your statement dont make much sense to me.
He was just saying he'd drive ANYTHING with a big block. Trust me I love and respect both V8s and 4 bangers, I just wish other folks(like ninjahood) would respect i-4s, and we're all just talking about straightline speed, add some corners and most big block cars couldn't hang(I'm NOT saying cars with V8s can't handle, look at cars like the vette and yes the camaro/mustang, both can handle pretty well with the right suspension mods, the CTS-V too)

gotcha well my bad on what i said then i misunderstood but really small block v8's are alot better then big blocks other then raw hp...you can push a 700hp small block 5.7 or 4.6 and daily drive it im not really big on 70-early 90 muscle cars they lack alot unless you have a blown big block its really not all that great and even then all you can do is straightline.As far as respecting i4's and v6's and "v4's"
laugh.gif
its hard cause honestly they are nothing other then an economy car and why people do mods other then cosmetic is beyond me.you put the turbo and stuff you would on a 4,6 on a lt1 or even a 5.0 your gonna be doing alot more with the same cost.

Some of you guys REALLY need to stop coming in car threads. Stop embarrassing yourselves. Ninja I'm looking at you, talking about V4's and blinker fluid.

I dare some of you to go at STi/EVO owners (such as myself) talking about weak 4-cylinder cars. Besides, it's not all about straight lines. There are little things called tracks that people build cars for. Let's see your "V8" against an EVO on Tsukuba or Fuji Speedway.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

Originally Posted by Munfy

I agree with ninjahood, I have yet to see a built n/a 4 cylinder take down a built n/a big block(mopar in my case). Now sure, through some boost at the 4 cylinder and make it somewhat of a race but a boosted big block maxes out 2,000 hp chassis dynos. BIG BLOCK = PAH!

four cylinders were never built for speed, they were built for economy
and thats the way they need to stay. its not even cost effective to build a performance 4 cylinder maybe a boosted 6 but still v8 the way to go.
turp_0806_03_z+arc_2008_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_x+engine_bay.jpg

refer to my earlier post on evos...there are exceptions to the rule but for the majority of non v8's it cost alot more to build alot more to maintain and still they have reliabilty issues.I have built alot of cars man I have over 21k in parts and tuning into my vr4 and it makes 570awhp on a 50shot if i would have had to pay for labor it would of been stupid expensive...the fbody i used to own made 740rwhp on a dual stage nitrous kit and i had like 18k into it including 4k custom paint job,mickeys and alot of non performance mods.Go spend 50+k on modding cars and 10 years doing it for a living and tell me that you would want to put your hard earned money into a car that is a money pit and can spin a bearing on a professional build after 5k miles.

Originally Posted by shch

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Dude really said V4
laugh.gif
cuz thats what da hell it is.... 4 cylinder engines

^The cylinders are set up straight front to back though, instead of 2 on each side of the engine. 
He doesn't know anything about cars
me >> you when it comes to performance

u stick to your audio
laugh.gif
...telling me your TSX is better then a 70 chevelle SS
grin.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I dare some of you to go at STi/EVO owners (such as myself) talking about weak 4-cylinder cars. Besides, it's not all about straight lines. There are little things called tracks that people build cars for. Let's see your "V8" against an EVO on Tsukuba or Fuji Speedway.
I'm game, Small block V-8

Dude really said V4
laugh.gif

^The cylinders are set up straight front to back though, instead of 2 on each side of the engine. 

u stick to your audio
laugh.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif

a chevelle is nothing more then a  gas guzzling cruiser bro no offence...and if its not its a blown big block with no handling at all that gets 8mpg.

You don't know what a turbo is

i cringed when you asked me "what does it do"
laugh.gif
#cmon son....
indifferent.gif

im da one that TOLD U belt driven superchargers in my opinion was better then lagged out turbos.... 

and in da end of da day most V8's are rear wheel drive >>>>*

Dude really said V4
laugh.gif

u stick to your audio
laugh.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif

a chevelle is nothing more then a  gas guzzling cruiser bro no offence...and if its not its a blown big block with no handling at all that gets 8mpg.
since when did people who wanna go fast care about MPG? you seen da MPG on a SRT jeep?
laugh.gif

To me, thats something that makes modding 4 bangers(the right way of course) cool, its NOT supposed to be fast or necesarily(sp?) made for performance, but yet it doing it, and doing it well. While Something like a Mustang GT is expected to be fast and have some level or performance. And Finns, drop an LS3 in a FD and it could easily compete lol

Some of you guys REALLY need to stop coming in car threads. Stop embarrassing yourselves. Ninja I'm looking at you, talking about V4's and blinker fluid.

as far road course and auto cross your evo is about as good as it gets.same for an sti .....ZR1 but that not in same price range so not comparing maybe a c5 z06 modded might give you a run but really man how often do you visit tsukuba or fuji speedway?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

To me, thats something that makes modding 4 bangers(the right way of course) cool, its NOT supposed to be fast or necesarily(sp?) made for performance, but yet it doing it, and doing it well. While Something like a Mustang GT is expected to be fast and have some level or performance. And Finns, drop an LS3 in a FD and it could easily compete lol
sounds like a underdog complex to me.....kinda like being a mets fans in NY
laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/RfA336_WIYA&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/RfA336_WIYA&hl=en_US&fs=1&

pimp.gif

Dude really said V4
laugh.gif

u stick to your audio
laugh.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif

since when did people who wanna go fast care about MPG? you seen da MPG on a SRT jeep?
laugh.gif
im saying man like i wanna be able to go 50 miles without having to stop and get gas....but from jdm tow hooks to JDM vs domestic to JDM vs domestic vs donks to JDM vs domestic vs donks vs jeeps?
laugh.gif
gotta love NT

as far road course and auto cross your evo is about as good as it gets.same for an sti .....ZR1 but that not in same price range so not comparing maybe a c5 z06 modded might give you a run but really man how often do you visit tsukuba or fuji speedway?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
If I was in Japan I'd go often.
laugh.gif

C'mon ZR1?
laugh.gif
How many can afford one? That's supercar territory.

laugh.gif
Puh-lease.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

C'mon ZR1?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Puh-lease.

notice how i mentioned its not a fair comparison to your evo in the my post?thats why i said the modded c5 thing buddy.but on a positive note whats up with the evo finnns2003 BPU, stock or what?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

C'mon ZR1?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Puh-lease.
notice how i mentioned its not a fair comparison to your evo in the my post?thats why i said the modded c5 thing buddy.but on a positive note whats up with the evo finnns2003 BPU, stock or what?

Just caught that. I can see a modded C5, still think the AWD will prove superior on a twisties track but number of factors involved.

EVO is coming along, not stock, tuned with a few mods so far, still in progress. I'm waiting on some stuff from Japan... Need... more... power.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom