To My IT Famb

My plan is to get my A+ by August so I can take the 7 series before CompTIA nixes it. Then I'll be moving on to MS Windows 7 certs. I'm also considering attending Western Governors University to grab my bachelors.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Seeing dudes finish in one semester due to already existing credits/certs/experience is encouraging. That way I can move on to masters (more personal goal than professional).

Exactly.

No problem Beezy. Definitely feel you on that. It's not like it would hurt you to have it, especially if you are going the IA route. I can say when I graduated, I did not have any certs, but I was fortunate enough to be on my 2nd internship and the company I was with picked me up FT once I finished my degree up and I went from there.

Thats exactly what im hoping for. Hoping to get a better internship next summer then be hired FT by December and keep moving up.

Oh and what is the 7 series Da R ?

Last edited:
No problem Beezy. Definitely feel you on that. It's not like it would hurt you to have it, especially if you are going the IA route. I can say when I graduated, I did not have any certs, but I was fortunate enough to be on my 2nd internship and the company I was with picked me up FT once I finished my degree up and I went from there.

Thats exactly what im hoping for. Hoping to get a better internship next summer then be hired FT by December and keep moving up.

Oh and what is the 7 series Da R ?

The 7 series is just multiple choice where as the 8 series is performance meaning they give you a situation that you have to work out on the pc as oppose to just multiple choice.

Anyone have an SAP cert? Particularly in MM (P2P). Looking to take the test soon and I was hoping to gather some intel.

what do you guys think about a Masters of Sci in Info Systems? I want to do it to learn some new technology (already have my BA in CIS) and I work as a BA right now. I was gonna do my MBA but I bombed GMAT and I`m too young in my career right now to where an MBA would be worth it.

I plan on teaching myself some software on the side just so I can be on top of the game, but a structered MS program would help too, and I think it would help down the line when I eventually do get an MBA to make me well rounded. My Job will help pay a little but Id still have to take out loans but it wouldnt be a crazy amount.

^ Ditto. I'm planning on starting a masters program this fall in cybersecurity (BA in CIS)

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom