Tony G to ATL for a 2nd round pick

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

i guess gates isn't allowed to have a "down" year, right?

his "down" year was still a productive year considering all these variables:
- philip rivers spreading the ball around to not just gates, but to jackson, floyd, chambers, tomlinson, and sproles.
- a toe injury that had hampered him for the entire season. cutting, acceleration, speed, burst, leaping.. it's all hampered.
- a down year for the running game that enabled defenses to focus in on gates in the passing game.

hell, gates many times gets covered by a team's NUMBER ONE CORNER. against the raiders he was covered by nnamdi asomugha and the broncos he was covered by champ bailey. zach miller DOES NOT command coverage/attention like gates does. gates gets covered by legitimate number one corners and consistently gets double teamed. he opens things up for other receivers and is still able to put up the numbers that he does.

and just on ability alone, gates > miller.

speed, route running, leaping, body control, hands, ability to separate, etc. i don't even need to go on.

NFL is a "what have you done for me lately league." It always will be.

Miller, was basically the best/only target Russell had throughout the year. Other teams knew it and he was ALWAYS double covered. Also, he was kept in tohelp block the majority of the time because Kwame was horrible. Hence, he was not barely free to go out and catch passes, and he STILL put up the numbers hedid. Gates was not covered by Nnamdi btw. Nnamdi only ever shadowed Gonzalez for the KC game. Otherwise, he plays one side of the field; whoever is in frontof him he covers but he doesn't stick with a man. The Raiders have always played this way.

As far as ability goes, route running, hands, and blocking go to Miller I would say. However, niether of us have scout tape to make the call on such intricatethings.

EDIT: You are right though. If Gates goes back to a 1000 yard season and Miller stays where he is at I will say you are right. However, due to the mostrecent year and the direction both players are going, I'll stick where I'm at.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

As far as ability goes, route running, hands, and blocking go to Miller I would say.
9b5151bfab1e5f9ce5d0c44a1aa6628da3c8dc3.gif

i came in here to say that michael huff covers antonio gates not nnamdi.
laugh.gif

and even though im glad he's out of the division, i was hoping Gonzalez would finish his career as a chief. he's still a great player.

I'm stoked about this move. His stats were awesome last year. Now he probably won't get the ball as much as he did in KC but he is a playmaker andwe can count on him in the endzone if Turner and Norwood are having a bad day.

How does trading Tony G help out Matt Cassell?

Especially since they don't even get a replacement pick til NEXT season? Ain't like Cassell is a 21 year old.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Let me ask you this....

What is more lopsided now....KC giving up two first round picks for one year wonder Cassel....or a 2nd round pick for TG?

The Chiefs continue to look like buffoons, whether its Peterson or Pioli.

KC is reminding me of the new guy who joins your fantasy football league....every dude is looking to bend him over trade-wise.
1smy46.jpg

I think you're mistaken. We traded a 2nd rounder for BOTH Cassel and Vrabel. Also, all we got offered during the season was a 4th rounder for Gonzalez (bythe Giants). Pioli got a 2nd rounder for him.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This is a GREAT move....the TE w. Mularkey has been used primarily as a blocker. That is one of the reasons why your rushing game was so lethal. Adding Tony Gonzalez as another weapon REALLY is gonna make life easier for Matt Ryan. Falcons already have one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL, an underrated budding superstar in Roddy White at WR, and now you add Gonzo
eek.gif
That offense is gonna be scary. An extremely watered down version of the greatest show on turf
laugh.gif
jk

Gotta get that defense in tact tho....

It's not going to matter if they can't play defense. That offense will only go so far.

I feel Jetpac's concerns. If they can address the defense, either through the draft or the June 1st cuts
or a trade or something, then I'd be more comfortable if I were a Falcon fan.

our offense is looking scary for this yr now. Now we can address defense is this yrs draft...tony g x ryan x turner bammmmmm!

2dcblhl.jpg

pimp.gif

Edit: Had to re-up...

Gunna...last dude I can remember. was O.J. Santiago, TE we had back in 1998. Used to do the Dirty Bird with Jamal...
laugh.gif
, but possibly
sick.gif

Damn I cant remember anyone on the Falcons ever wearin 88 before
laugh.gif

ahhh forgot all about OJ. he was teh first to do the Dirty Bird.

I can picture him and Jamal doin Cocaine Lines off a Public toilet then comin up with this idea
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

How does trading Tony G help out Matt Cassell?

Especially since they don't even get a replacement pick til NEXT season? Ain't like Cassell is a 21 year old.
Chris Cooley and the #13 to the Chiefs for the #3 and probaly another pick....it's a scenario I heard about this morning...skins are THIRSTYfor Sanchez...

laugh.gif
Damn Dlo...wasted no time in getting that jersey....looks
pimp.gif
tho

Nice jersey omg.

I'm definitely about to cop that...

especially considering I have the same last name as Tony.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

FALCONS!

Back
Top Bottom