Tumor in my lung smh...UPDATE!

My mom had breast cancer and was able to pull through. I appreciate every day I have with her.

Best of luck to you OP and stay strong. Hopefully its nothing serious.

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by rashi

Steve Jobs received chemotherapy and other conventional treatment before referring to holistic medicine. This is after chemo, radiotherapy, and surgery already kills good cells that won't grow back because of the radiation that goes into the body disturbing the protein synthesis needed for new cells. Steve Jobs had already disrupted the body's natural biochemistry before he tried looking things up on the internet.

What type of lung cancer this jobs have? Because for something like advanced stage small cell carcinoma we've been taught that radiation and chemotherapy works very well and by works very well they mean it prolongs your life by 1-2 years
indifferent.gif

I can't speak on holistic medicine but I presume it would be an act of "desperation" to turn to it for someone with terminal cancer-a lot of chemotherapy and radiation is "palliative" and doesn't really make the cancer go away so to speak

Jobs had pancreatic cancer...
Pancreatic cancer is a death sentence
frown.gif
tired.gif

Stop mentioning the c-word.

And this isn't the time nor place for arguing.

Show your support and please keep it movin.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Stop mentioning the c-word.

And this isn't the time nor place for arguing.

Show your support and please keep it movin.

100 % agreed. Let's just give support to breezy.

sillyputty wrote:
rashi wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:
What type of lung cancer this jobs have? Because for something like advanced stage small cell carcinoma we've been taught that radiation and chemotherapy works very well and by works very well they mean it prolongs your life by 1-2 years
indifferent.gif

I can't speak on holistic medicine but I presume it would be an act of "desperation" to turn to it for someone with terminal cancer-a lot of chemotherapy and radiation is "palliative" and doesn't really make the cancer go away so to speak

Jobs had pancreatic cancer...

You cannot convince me that taking Big Pharma endorsed chemotherapy is a solution, something that DESTROYS not only the neoplasia, but the entire immune system? Chemotherapy is inefficient and extremely toxic. Radiation, bro. It's radiation!

[h4]CONCLUSION:[/h4]
As the 5-year relative survival rate for cancer in Australia is now over 60%, it is clear that cytotoxic chemotherapy only makes a minor contribution to cancer survival. To justify the continued funding and availability of drugs used in cytotoxic chemotherapy, a rigorous evaluation of the cost-effectiveness and impact on quality of life is urgently required.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15630849

One of many. Google Scholar will be your best friend in Med School.

WRONG http://www.forbes.com/sit...ancer-treatment-regrets/

Actually, he refused conventional treatment at first. Tried the herbal way, and totally regretted doing so. 

You are highly misinformed when it comes to cancer therapy and I suggest you don't comment on it. Usually radiation therapy is highly targeted and specific to the area of the tumor, and so shouldn't disrupt too many normal cells. Surgery again is highly specific only removing the tumor and possibly some of the surrounding tissues. Chemotherapy usually targets rapidly dividing cells like cancer cells, and so you do get some collateral damage to only rapidly dividing normal cells like your hair, some epithelial, and immune cells. 

But, all the normal cells that are affected grown back. 

Radiation again is used to target the tumor cells, which are rapidly dividing, it causes cell death by damaging the DNA. Yes, it can disrupt protein synthesis, but this isn't the main reason it's used. Protein synthesis is disrupted due to DNA damage, and damage to transcription of mRNA, not translation of polypeptides/proteins. The cells die mostly from inability to properly divide their chromosomes during mitosis.

Stop. Really, just stop.

Usually radiation therapy is highly targeted and specific to the area of the tumor, and so shouldn't disrupt too many normal cells.

roll.gif
 You're giving a patient radiation and it "shouldn't" disrupt normal cells? 

http://www.neulasta.com/patient/glossary/chemotherapy-glossary.html
Chemotherapy (also known as chemo) works by killing fast-growing cancer cells. Unfortunately, chemotherapy drugs can't always tell the difference between cancer cells and fast-growing healthy cells, including red and white blood cells. As a result, one of the potential side effects of many types of chemotherapy drugs can be a low white blood cell count.[sup]1[/sup] 

Wujcik D. Infection. In: Groenwald SL, Goodman M, Frogge MH, Yarbro CH, eds. Cancer Symptom Management. Boston, Mass: Jones & Bartlett Publishers; 1996:289-304.

Highly targeted, but yet it can't always tell the difference? 
laugh.gif

Undergrads.
laugh.gif

Rashi, I like most of what you post from time to time...so don't take this the wrong way

But you don't know what you're talking about.

I've taken entire courses in this stuff and part of what I do for a living predicates on me being competent in this content area. Additionally PleasurePhD...is actually a PhD in this stuff (ive personally spoken with him) and he DEFINITELY knows more about this than you do. Going to google and searching for one dissenting argument is NOT sufficient proof that chemo doesn't work. 

I'm willing to bet you wouldn't want him to not use chemo at all, would you? Of course not. Don't be silly. 

OP, do NOT listen to Rashi. 

BTW, Pancreatic Cancer is VERY hard to detect until its far prognosed. If you've ever seen a cadaver or had an anatomy class worth a damn, you'd know this. Thats why its so deadly. 

Woo-woo and BS killed steve jobs. The same with bob marley. 

Chemo sucks because its physically taxing on the body, depending on where applied, and lead to other complications from time to time...but it is the BEST form of interventional cancer treatment we have today. 

Radiation is a tricky beast. Its like using a sledgehammer to hammer nails in. Its technically overkill...thats why normal cells get in the way. But it works. 

Lets stick to what we know and i'm frankly offended you'd bring "chemtrails" into this. This is a medical emergency. Not time to decide on the NWA. You can experiment with your life, but don't gamble with his. 

eating herbs and wishing tumors away does NOT fix those things. 

Just remember, as much as we like to rail against big pharma, what they do is provide a vital service that has saved hundreds of millions of people since the discovery of these techniques. 

You know what they call alternative medicine that works?...MEDICINE.

Don't get it twisted. If eating nuts and berries could save your aunt with breast cancer, i'm sure she'd camp out in the aisles of whole foods. 

OP, keep your spirits up. Get  your support team around you. Stay positive but realistic. And learning and doing research NEVER hurt any one...

But please for your safety and the sake of those who care about you, do NOT invest any time in those pseudo-scientific claims. 

Silly, props man, thanks for the back up as usual. I got yo back too.

Rashi, let's just agree to disagree. Leave it at that.

OP just listen to your physician and let us know the info so we can help. You can take any opinion you want, but I suggest you just do your own research, be sure it's quality research, peer reviewed sources. Don't worry as of yet. Nothing to worry about. When the time comes talk to your physician about ALL TREATMENT options, and see what he or she says.

OP, Best of luck. We're all rooting for you.

Seems like everybody is having some type of health issue these days. When I was young I thought we'd all breeze through our youth problem and worry free but that just hasnt been the case. It's important that we all be aware of our health and do our best to maintain it. Stay up.

I'm 23 and had a large growth discovered in my brain last year when I had a severe visual seizure going blind on the freeway. Somehow I was able to pull off the road without hitting anyone. It felt as though I had all the energy drained outta me, and sluggishly called the first number on my phone, which was my dad's who worked right off the next exit. Apparently I flatlined at the hospital but they brought me back. Went through 3 months of radiation that dealt out losing all my hair and the worst headaches imaginable that would last nearly all day for most days out of the week. Eventually my hair grew back, and now the headaches occur rarely. Went to my oncologist for the results of an MRI 3 weeks ago and the growth has shrunk to about half it's size. Just stay strong, and informed to make decisions that look after your best interest man. Best of luck.
14e84s4.jpg

Breezy your good dude, I'll keep you in my prayers..Don't worry fam your a young pup so you will be fine

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

and to dude that asked about my sympotms... the reason they found it is becasue ive had a cough for like 2 months and they had x-rays done... other than my cough ive had like "a tired back", a pain in my chest and i stay wheezing (lay on my back wheeze.... laugh wheeze... run wheeze.... all which would lead to me coughing a ton more than i already normally do)
Holy !+%*, dude. I've had all of that going on for about a month now, out of nowhere...

Used to get strep all the time when I was kid, so I got my tonsils out when I was 11 or so. It kind of reminded me of that, but it just won't go away.

real life...
bro thats how it started...

first i got supr sick (fever, extremely sore throat etc etc)

got better but the cough stayed

got a little sick again then the cough staed and got worse

get that checked out

i wish i woulda got x-rays before

Originally Posted by breezylocks

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

and to dude that asked about my sympotms... the reason they found it is becasue ive had a cough for like 2 months and they had x-rays done... other than my cough ive had like "a tired back", a pain in my chest and i stay wheezing (lay on my back wheeze.... laugh wheeze... run wheeze.... all which would lead to me coughing a ton more than i already normally do)
Holy !+%*, dude. I've had all of that going on for about a month now, out of nowhere...

Used to get strep all the time when I was kid, so I got my tonsils out when I was 11 or so. It kind of reminded me of that, but it just won't go away.

real life...
bro thats how it started...

first i got supr sick (fever, extremely sore throat etc etc)

got better but the cough stayed

got a little sick again then the cough staed and got worse

get that checked out

i wish i woulda got x-rays before

Oh you had flu like symptoms before this all started?

Sounds like a lung nodule/legion from an infection then. Possibly, pneumonia or something. Hmm... and you said they tested for TB...

Well I wouldn't worry too much then if you are not coughing up blood, doesn't sound like it's going to be a malignant tumor. But, I can't say for sure without knowing all the details and lab results. Increased infections as a side effect from lung cancers do occur, but usually during later stages when the tumor is really large and obstructing large areas of the lung. So this might not be you.

Anyways, let us know Monday.

Back
Top Bottom