Tyler the creator Mountain Dew AD

absolutely hilarious.

you either get this kind of humor or you don't. this is mostly all of tyler the creators idea so people need to give up on the whole racist nonsense.

5 white males, and a man instead of a female. and a pig instead of a goat and no one is offended.

:lol:

I love odd future man :pimp:

Theres plenty of dumb commercials on TV so I dont even care that the commercial is stupid as hell. But like, I dont even get what they were going for with the commercial. 

I mean is it honestly just a goat kicked a chicks *** for some mountain dew and she refuses to call him out in a line up?

How would that make anyone want to go buy some mountain dew?

What does this have to do with racism?

People need to learn how to stop being so sensitive.

I see what they tried to do, but it wasn't funny. I don't know much about Tyler so I don't dislike him. But I can see why this rubbed people the wrong way. As a black man Tyler knows the perception of black males in the media and with the type of outreach a commercial has he should be more mindful of what stereotypes he reinforces....

I always think it's funny when people say they try too hard, when it's obvious they don't care and really only trying to amuse themselves.

they just made a commercial FOR a billion dollar company to market THEIR SODA to millions via Youtube...what the hell are you talking about? :smh:

I know, right? The audacity of people to post their opinions on a message board...

I wasn't just talking about here, dude. My point is that part of what I find charming about OFWGKTA is that they don't care what the majority thinks. When you try to appease everyone, you are doing a disservice to art as a whole. I'm sure they'd rather have a million people think their albums or shows are the year's best than have 10 million people put it in their top 10. Love or hate them, they do what they want and **** is on their own terms. If you can hate on that, you aren't asking enough of your artists. Some of my favorite artists, Beck, Tom Waits, and David Bowie don't do things to appease the masses, they do what they want.

Last edited:
So a 19 year old kid with no formal training writes and directs an entire Mountain Dew ad campaign, and y'all are expecting it to be funny or even good?

What is wrong with y'all? Tyler's definitely enjoying these checks from these old white people who feel he's the "voice of the new generation" (whether or not he actually is).

Y'all are judging these kids way too harshly, and they're just laughing at you and continuing their inside jokes and cashing these checks.

they just made a commercial FOR a billion dollar company to market THEIR SODA to millions via Youtube...what the hell are you talking about? :smh:

You know how these "banned" commercials work. We've seen them throughout the years. There was never any intention of this being used. If there was, Pepsi knew it would be a short run and the 'outcry' would be part of the plan.

Theres plenty of dumb commercials on TV so I dont even care that the commercial is stupid as hell. But like, I dont even get what they were going for with the commercial. 

I mean is it honestly just a goat kicked a chicks *** for some mountain dew and she refuses to call him out in a line up?

Not gonna lie, when I was watching the commercial I was thinking I haven't had Mt. Dew in a minute and bought a bottle :lol:

"WHY YOU ALWAYS TELLING ME TO F**** A GOAT MAN???"

Back
Top Bottom