Tyler the creator Mountain Dew AD

Maaybe im wrong. But I think the intent of the commercial was to kind of spark a discussion.

The guys in the line up were all black except the goat.
The most obvious choice is being bypassed by the officer...

It could be a guy of another race instead of a goat, (in real life situations) And the officer would probably suspect all the black guys before the one odd ball.

So instead of focusing on the fact that there are black guys in the line up, focus on the fact that the "stereotypical thug" With the durag didnt commit any crime. But focus on the cop pointing him out wrongfully.

Even if that was tyler's intent , That's too much commotion for one commercial And mountain dew should have kept it simple

I just quoted myself here to point out that ThorrocksJ stopped posting in this thread after this exchange.

I implore you to continue making your case as to why Tyler is more of an Uncle Tom than Chief Keef.

He was right though. Keef may be holding communities back but he's not more of an uncle tom than Tyler, it's not even close.

Show us where Keef is blatantly and directly insulting Afro-americans, like all uncle toms do.

Bruh the whole point of referring to someone as an Uncle Tom is to show how they're holding communities back.

Keef is out here tap dancing for these old white dudes to his own detriment. THAT'S what an Uncle Tom is.

Bruh the whole point of referring to someone as an Uncle Tom is to show how they're holding communities back.

Keef is out here tap dancing for these old white dudes to his own detriment. THAT'S what an Uncle Tom is.

I'm under the impression that Chief Keef doesn't really care about white people(sans Jimmy Iovine), let alone put them on a pedestal on a regular basis like Tyler.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Keef hasn't even said anything about white girls in his raps. All the while Tyler constantly lets us know about his love for white women. (see Tom from The Boondocks, a representation of an Uncle Tom)

Uncle Toms don't hold communities back, they usually leave them.

Last edited:

I'm under the impression that Chief Keef doesn't really care about white people(sans Jimmy Iovine), let alone put them on a pedestal on a regular basis like Tyler.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Keef hasn't even said anything about white girls in his raps. All the while Tyler constantly lets us know about his love for white women. (see Tom from The Boondocks, a representation of an Uncle Tom)

Uncle Toms don't hold communities back, they usually leave them.

Bruh I remember when Keef's Instagram was nothing but pics of him and white girls talkin bout "we made it!"

I love how dudes fake raging and calling dude a Uncle Tom
This kid is joking around like I do around my friends of all colors
Rage about trayvon, rage about Oscar , rage about the man killed by four white teenagers
So tired of complaining about the dumb ish but not fighting for the real ish
How about the violence going on in chi and other hoods
But I will get flamed probably by the wonder twins
Of bish lol

Why did i just read this like it was a rap song. expected it to rhyme and ****

Maaybe im wrong. But I think the intent of the commercial was to kind of spark a discussion.

The guys in the line up were all black except the goat.
The most obvious choice is being bypassed by the officer...

It could be a guy of another race instead of a goat, (in real life situations) And the officer would probably suspect all the black guys before the one odd ball.

So instead of focusing on the fact that there are black guys in the line up, focus on the fact that the "stereotypical thug" With the durag didnt commit any crime. But focus on the cop pointing him out wrongfully.

Even if that was tyler's intent , That's too much commotion for one commercial And mountain dew should have kept it simple
you do realize that the members in the line up(minus the goat) are all members of OFWGKTA. It's really unrelated to race, he was just putting he peoples in roles. sure he coulda used the one white dude in the crew, but he prolly wasnt concerned about race.

The cop points the goat as a the one who did it too. I think a lot of people are putting too much thought into this and just trying to find ways to scream racism, which only brings the battle further down.

the amount of butthurt in this thread is astounding. commercial was super dumb but I'm pretty certain that was the point. it's based around a goat that loves Mountain Dew.

what the **** are yall expecting? :lol:

and :lol: @ it being racist. "man this black guy put all of his friends in a lineup in a commercial............. my people :frown:"

Last edited:
I just quoted myself here to point out that ThorrocksJ stopped posting in this thread after this exchange.

I implore you to continue making your case as to why Tyler is more of an Uncle Tom than Chief Keef.
im sorry lil man I forgot i have a life outside of NT ya know one that doesnt involve making your day but since im here I'll entertain you because your out of batteries for your gameboy

im sorry lil man I forgot i have a life outside of NT ya know one that doesnt involve making your day but since im here I'll entertain you because your out of batteries for your gameboy

Yo Knowledge,

You da man, brah.

You da man.

View media item 396425

:pimp: thanks, brah.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom