United States of the Police

it's not about having nothing to hide. it's about having a right to privacy. stuff like that is why our country is spying on us. you got nothing to hide, you shouldn't care, right? forget the constitution! need not apply if you have nothing to worry about.

and you missed the "search" part of search and seizure. like when the officer made the dog give a false read in the video. then searched the vehicle on false pretenses.

at least they got to see the camera that made them look like jackasses. I'm happy it was after they admitted that the guy did nothing illegal in any way.

1) In general, your right to privacy on the open roads is less than it is inside your home.
2) Above all else, what the officer cares about is his own safety. If you start acting shady the cop has every right to tell you to step outside of the car.
3) As far as the false positive is concerned, is there a source that can confirm that is what is happening? I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything. I'm genuinely curious.
4) The cop at the end was even candid to his partner that the driver knew his rights and did nothing wrong. The cop didn't say "man lets just arrest him because we can." By all indications, that cop was going to let him go.

1. Well aware, it's much easier to obtain clearance to search a vehicle. but there has to be a reason still. I wasn't talking about on the road specifically, I was responding to "I have nothing to hide so I don't care". that's a ridiculous way to think about privacy. it's not about being able to hide.

2. I do not feel like that officer felt threatened, at all. he responded the way he did to prove that he could do it just because he's an officer. I take the fact that they mentioned the guy doing absolutely nothing wrong as proof that they were just harassing him at that point.

3. Police dogs are not 100% accurate methods of detection. Google "k9 false positives". evidence collected by individual states show that K9's are wrong more often than they are right. It has happened to me more than once. I smoke in my own vehicle when I'm at home in the driveway, but I'm in the system as a smoker because I didn't lie to the police when they asked me if I smoked. So if I'm in a car with someone else and it gets pulled over, a K9 unit comes every single time. I don't know if there's any reports or anything on officers being able to make the dogs "hit", but every time I have observed the officers start tapping the vehicle or doing specific motions it's a hit. the dog starts scratching and being jittery.

here's one article on false positives http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/06/false-positives-police-canines-searches/

4. do you think he waited until they were alone to mention that the guy did no wrong for a reason? when the search turned up nothing he really had no choice but to let him go. especially when they saw they were being filmed.

This garbage video and people in here giving him pats on the back because he knows his rights. I expected to see actual abuse. Them pushing him up against the car, handcuffing him and tazing him. He purposefully went out and instigated this. Waste of everybody's time

mean.gif

I know there are plenty of bad cops out there who ruin it for the good ones who are just doing their job

NOPE. The ones who 'ruin it' are precisely the 'good ones' who look the other way when their peers act like classless scumbags. Silence is approval.

Back
Top Bottom