Unlocking a phone question....

I'm looking to buy a Verizon Blackberry Tour but I have Sprint service. Is it possible to unlock the phone to use on Sprint? Or am I SOL? Thanks.

I'm looking to buy a Verizon Blackberry Tour but I have Sprint service. Is it possible to unlock the phone to use on Sprint? Or am I SOL? Thanks.

You can only unlock phones using GSM technology (T-Mobile, AT&T). Verizon and Sprint use CDMA which means there are no SIM cards and are locked to their respective carriers. Unless the phone you want is a world phone with SIM capabilities you're out of luck.

You can only unlock phones using GSM technology (T-Mobile, AT&T). Verizon and Sprint use CDMA which means there are no SIM cards and are locked to their respective carriers. Unless the phone you want is a world phone with SIM capabilities you're out of luck.

I believe there are ways you can "flash" it, its like the what unlocking is to CDMA, but I think its a HUGE hassle

i dont know much about it, i remember people flashing the droid, but there are features that dont work such as wifi back when it was first released

I believe there are ways you can "flash" it, its like the what unlocking is to CDMA, but I think its a HUGE hassle

i dont know much about it, i remember people flashing the droid, but there are features that dont work such as wifi back when it was first released

Back
Top Bottom