Visiting Denver Colorado for the week

As the title says im going to Denver Colorado for an interview for pharmacy school, and i will be in town for about 5 days to soak in the experience and really decide if i want to spend 4 yrs of my life studying pharmacy in Denver. Im young (24) and want get advice on the lifestyle (night life/women/ things to see -do ) there and how to keep myself occupied when im not in studying. I know for a fact i want to snowboard while im there. Where can i go get cheap rental gear as it will be my first time snowboarding. ALSO MOST IMPORTANTLY how is living with a rear wheel drive car for those that do stay here. If I do go I think I might seriously consider selling my 350Z for an Sti for 4WD to handle the snow in the winter?? OpInion needed thanks

Denver is an awesome, amazing city man. No regrets moving here from Atlanta. Plenty of sunny days. Winter isn't bad at all and the summers are mild compared to other cities I have lived in (Spokane, Lawrence, KC, & Atlanta).
Night Life: Great mix of everything. Clubs, bars, sports bars, pubs, piano bars. You name it. I usually hang out in LoDo or Larmier Square. 

Women: 
pimp.gif

Things to See: Year round sports, museums, great parks, restaurants, aquarium, theme park and the mountains are 45 minutes away.

Rental Gear: I would recommend Christies, Breezers, or Colorado Ski and Golf

Car: As far as living in the city I wouldn't think it would be a problem. We don't really get that much snow in the 'winter' months and when we do city crews do a great job of clearing the major roads. Side streets, parking garages might be a bit of a problem. I drive a Infiniti 35X and it handles great. Now, if you are planning on going boarding a lot I would def. recommend getting a STI for the AWD and the fact it might be tough getting all your gear into a 350Z.

Any other questions, let me know. I have been living out here in Denver for almost 3 years and its a great place!

Relevant to my interests. Hqve a work conference in April. First time visit. What's there to do? Is downtown walkable?

That's crazy yo!!! I'm from Atlanta too!!! Where should I book my hotel at??? Also I heard. Boulder has cazy weed heads over there?? Ain't it legal to smoke out there btw???? Also how much would a one day snowboarding trip cost?? What clubs should I visit and what about the coors light hq??? Is it nice??? I've heard a lot about it.

First time visit. What's there to do? Is downtown walkable?

Rockies game would be the first thing I would recommend. Hit up Jackson's, LoDo's or Tavern before the game. Cheap bar and a lots of people will be out. If you have time drive to the mountains. Breck, Vail, etc are fun to visit for a day. Colorado has a ton of breweries. Great Divide is in Denver and you can always visit Golden, Co and do a 'Coors Tour.' Hey, at the end of it you get three free beers. Downtown is 100% walkable. Depending on where you are relative to 16th St Mall there is free shuttle that will take you up and down 16th for free.

De La MONEY:

Are you on a budget? If it was up to me I would book downtown. Hotels downtown can be pricey though. If on a budget then I would look at the Glendale, Cherry Creek area. 20 minutes from downtown but you are not paying the downtown hotel prices. Boulder is a very hippieish town. A lot of smokers out there. If you want to see something crazy go to Boulder for 420. It has been scaled down recently but I went out there the first year I lived here and it was 
eek.gif
. Smoking is legal out here as long as you have the proper cards and paperwork. You can only have a certain amount on you though. Snowboarding is just going to depend on where you go. Loveland for instance, a one day pass will run you around 60. You go to Breck or Keystone it could run you well over a $100. Vail, even more expensive. Check King Soopers as they sometimes carry discounted lift tickets. Clubs- that is just based on what you like- I prefer Brothers, Drink, Spill, Gas Lamp, Gin Mill and Oak Tavern. Hands down the best place to meet girls is Gin Mill. Coors HQ is located in Golden, CO. About 30ish minutes from Denver. Def. worth the trip if you enjoy brew tours. Hell it is worth the trip alone for the three free beers at the end of the tour. 

I'm from Atlanta and going to Denver next weekend. Small world...
laugh.gif

We can all go proposition +!$%%% on Colfax.
pimp.gif

Aurora/Midtown Denver

Never really out there much. Typical suburbs. There is a big country bar/club out there called Stampede that everyone goes to on Wed. Honestly I think Aurora is whack but that's just me. They do have the only mall that regularly gets new releases. Midtown Denver...? Do you have a specific area?

Crime & 'Bankhead'

Not that much crime where I live. I mean you gotta be smart about what you are doing but for the most part its safe. I have lived here for like 3 years and have never felt in danger. There are a lot of homeless people in Denver. Like a ton. They are harmless though. The most they will do is ask you for money or a square.

The hoods in Denver are def. in south Aurora on Colfax or in Aurora itself. People always say the hood is Colfax but basically after the murder of Darrant Williams there was a mini 'black' flight from downtown to Aurora so there are parts of Aurora that I would consider 'Bankhead.' Mexican, Vietnamese hoods are on Federal. You can tell when you get in one hood from the next because the shops will change along w/ the accommodating tags.

And to all the NT'er's visiting this great city hit me up. We can have a mini NT Summit, lol!

even if your not into going through nature and what not i would recommend it
one of the coolest things ive ever seen was a crystal clear lake in the mountains that you could see all the way to the bottom
there was a tree that got hit by lightning and split like a pier into the middle of the lake so you could walk on it.

A summit don't sound bad. Would 3 days in Denver thursday Friday Saturday leaving sunday be long enough to get it in Denver???

Back
Top Bottom