• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HTC just pissed off all the american android phone geekz oh noezzz. I can't wait until y'all realize that regular people can care less about expandable storage . I'm a tech nerd myself but I stopped giving a rats *** about expandable storage when phones starting coming in 32GB versions but hey I guess I'm in the minority .

As of right now I have 29.18GB of music on iTunes I want a phone that can at least hold that. I don't want to use the cloud because it's slow. I have unlimited data that's not an issue. People want the options that they've grown accustom to.

HTC just pissed off all the american android phone geekz oh noezzz. I can't wait until y'all realize that regular people can care less about expandable storage . I'm a tech nerd myself but I stopped giving a rats *** about expandable storage when phones starting coming in 32GB versions but hey I guess I'm in the minority .

As of right now I have 29.18GB of music on iTunes I want a phone that can at least hold that. I don't want to use the cloud because it's slow. I have unlimited data that's not an issue. People want the options that they've grown accustom to.

all of this except 25gb of music.

all of this except 25gb of music.
It would be so clutch to be able to carry that much music/video around...but since manufacturers are moving away from expandable storage, what should be the minimum internal storage offered?

I don't really understand the need for  cloud storage if they give customers reasonable amounts of onboard storage. especially when storage tech cost will continue downward if everybody is making it.

It would be so clutch to be able to carry that much music/video around...but since manufacturers are moving away from expandable storage, what should be the minimum internal storage offered?

I don't really understand the need for cloud storage if they give customers reasonable amounts of onboard storage. especially when storage tech cost will continue downward if everybody is making it.

I'm still clinging on to hope that the cloud will fail tremendously. I know it probably won't happen but I don't see Samsung ever moving away from the micro sd slot. I passed on the Nexus 4 due to low storage capacity and the HTC One with 64GB will only be available through AT&T so count me out on that one. I might be sticking with the iPhone. I was so ready to go too.

You can buy the $30 prepaid in stores at walmart or online at walmart. For wifi calling you can use sipdroid.
As far as a case check out the nillkin case on ebay...the bumper cases make the nexus 4 a little wide.

Walmart sells the kit? And I'm scared of porting my number down the road because it use to be a paid porting to and from prepaid since you don't have an account number

http://see.walmart.com/t-mobile/?po...1312-lLinkZone2ShopbyCellPhoneCarrier1TMobile

Just ordered the nexus 4, is the 30 dollar tmobile prepaid plan online only?

Get a micro sim activation kit and when you go to activate it online the $30 plan will be an option to pick

And what case do you all reccomend? I might just get a bumper

I'm using the official bumper...it looks nice and gives the phone a good feel. It's more a peace of mind than full out protection. Haven't had any problems so far though. Loving my nexus :pimp:

Just bought the Nexus 4 headset off of the Google Play website.

I don't really understand the need for  cloud storage if they give customers reasonable amounts of onboard storage. especially when storage tech cost will continue downward if everybody is making it.
I'm still clinging on to hope that the cloud will fail tremendously. I know it probably won't happen but I don't see Samsung ever moving away from the micro sd slot. I passed on the Nexus 4 due to low storage capacity and the HTC One with 64GB will only be available through AT&T so count me out on that one. I might be sticking with the iPhone. I was so ready to go t
I'm curious as to how much a 64gb hds for a phone/tablet actually cost to add to a device. they have to be pretty cheap by now or at least on par with cost of 16gb hds from 2-4 years ago.

Get a micro sim activation kit and when you go to activate it online the $30 plan will be an option to pick
I'm using the official bumper...it looks nice and gives the phone a good feel. It's more a peace of mind than full out protection. Haven't had any problems so far though. Loving my nexus :pimp:

do I buy the kit and load my money or I just pay the 30 snd the kit is "free"? I know a kit by its self use to be 10 bucks I forget if you had to pay the 10 bucks if you put your money on at Point of sale.

What is the best AT&T mvno I hear straight talk doesn't offer att any more.

I wouldn't bother with an MVNO they come and go with no warning or explanation. If you're going to go pre-paid just go with T-mobile if they're good where you live. Net 10, h2o, and Tracfone are all under the AT&T umbrella.

I don't really understand the need for cloud storage if they give customers reasonable amounts of onboard storage. especially when storage tech cost will continue downward if everybody is making it.

I'm still clinging on to hope that the cloud will fail tremendously. I know it probably won't happen but I don't see Samsung ever moving away from the micro sd slot. I passed on the Nexus 4 due to low storage capacity and the HTC One with 64GB will only be available through AT
I'm curious as to how much a 64gb hds for a phone/tablet actually cost to add to a device. they have to be pretty cheap by now or at least on par with cost of 16gb hds from 2-4 years ago.

it really shouldn't be that much.
at least samsung still provides microsd cards.
actually hoping that the new iphone comes in a 128gb version & hopefully it forces these manufacturers to get serious with storage options since they want to get rid of sd slots for whatever bs reason.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with an MVNO they come and go with no warning or explanation. If you're going to go pre-paid just go with T-mobile if they're good where you live. Net 10, h2o, and Tracfone are all under the AT&T umbrella.

Yea If Tmobile works I`m gonna do the 30 dollar plan and put 40 on it to be safe and keep my mom on verizon and put her on the 700 min plan for 40 bucks since she has a dumb phone.

So I assume there is no Wifi Calling app that will let me use my own number? It sucks that Wifi Calling for Tmobile doesnt work for the Nexus 4 on the 30 dollar plan.

do I buy the kit and load my money or I just pay the 30 snd the kit is "free"? I know a kit by its self use to be 10 bucks I forget if you had to pay the 10 bucks if you put your money on at Point of sale.

I got mine from the tmobile website. Here's the link:

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/phone-sim-card

Right now it's $10...when you get the kit in the mail, it'll give you instructions on how to activate your account. After you select the plan you want it gives you the option to purchase credit on their site or you can redeem a prepaid card that you bought elsewhere. You can buy them at stores like Target and Walmart but I get mine from a website named callingmart because there's no tax. Here's the link:

http://www.callingmart.com/products/wireless/ProductDetail.aspx?ID=265&name=T-Mobile-Monthly-Plan

Once you buy it it'll give you the code to put into your account. You can redeem on the tmobile site or through the my account app. There used to be a 5% discount that you could apply on those cards to make it $28.50 but tmo put an end to that :smh: can't really complain though since $30 is still really cheap :lol: ....but yeah as long as there's $30 in your account you're straight

I got mine from the tmobile website. Here's the link:

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/phone-sim-card

Right now it's $10...when you get the kit in the mail, it'll give you instructions on how to activate your account. After you select the plan you want it gives you the option to purchase credit on their site or you can redeem a prepaid card that you bought elsewhere. You can buy them at stores like Target and Walmart but I get mine from a website named callingmart because there's no tax. Here's the link:

http://www.callingmart.com/products/wireless/ProductDetail.aspx?ID=265&name=T-Mobile-Monthly-Plan

Once you buy it it'll give you the code to put into your account. You can redeem on the tmobile site or through the my account app. There used to be a 5% discount that you could apply on those cards to make it $28.50 but tmo put an end to that :smh: can't really complain though since $30 is still really cheap :lol: ....but yeah as long as there's $30 in your account you're straight

You use the Nexus? Did you have to input APN settings and stuff or when you popped in the sim you were good money?

What is a good app to locate my phone if by any chance I do lose it? Hopefully not lol.

BTW are those nexus headphones any good

what's some good apps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom