Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well damn
No i blame the carrier for not having enough employees staffed so i dont have to wait 3 hours to get assistance at a store. I blame the carrier for not having stock of anything worth while and trying to get me to buy a phone that will be outdated in a few months at damn near full price. I blame the carrier for thinking they **** dont stink and I cant get a damn one Plus 3.

*Drops Ether instrumental*
Feeling the same about vzw.
Was chopping up with someone that was considering switching and they laughed when I showed them the data package prices.

I understand get the whole best coverage (and allegedly customer service)stuff, but it's getting old now.

Last edited:
But it still holds true
According Andrew Munn a software engineering student and ex-Google intern

Android UI will never be completely smooth because of the design constraints I discussed at the beginning:

– UI rendering occurs on the main thread of an app
– UI rendering has normal priority

Even with a Galaxy Nexus, or the quad-core EeePad Transformer Prime, there is no way to guarantee a smooth frame rate if these two design constraints remain true. It’s telling that it takes the power of a Galaxy Nexus to approach the smoothness of a three year old iPhone. So why did the Android team design the rendering framework like this?

Work on Android started before the release of the iPhone, and at the time Android was designed to be a competitor to the Blackberry. The original Android prototype wasn’t a touch screen device. Android’s rendering trade-offs make sense for a keyboard and trackball device. When the iPhone came out, the Android team rushed to release a competitor product, but unfortunately it was too late to rewrite the UI framework.

Last edited:
even apple has moved to quad core with da A10 fusion in da 7/7+
geekbench.png

That's ********. My S6 edge plus loads things like videos, music, embedded vines/IG posts way faster than my iPhone 6s plus on wifi or data. I'm definitely gonna have to get my girl to record so I can make a video

That's ********. My S6 edge plus loads things like videos, music, embedded vines/IG posts way faster than my iPhone 6s plus on wifi or data. I'm definitely gonna have to get my girl to record so I can make a video
S6 edge has 3gb ram vs 6S 2gb

The 7/7+ have 3gb

The whole point is that Apple can do more with less because they design their own chips and the way iOS is programmed vs android

Last edited:
Glad to see the positive reviews of the Pixel, but I still don't think it's for me.

I'm just not going to spend that money on a phone anymore.

It's either that or the OP3 for me coming up I think.

Man, these phones are way too ******* expensive. All of em

This is where I am right now; I feel like the Pixel is THEE PHONE I have been waiting for, but now that it's a reality, I can't seem to pull the trigger. The device + the protection plan for a simple 32GB 5" joint = $750 without accessories. Had me sitting at my monitor like >D

After being a faithful Nexus user for years, I feel like I can't justify these high price points. Even being at a point in life where I finally HAVE the money to afford these devices, like other people in this forum have said, I just don't want this much of it going to a phone purchase.

If the Pixel is a figurative 95/100 for $649, but the OP3 is a 90/100 for $399, that's simple math to me.

Gonna go to the VZW store, or the Google pop-up in Soho (see: http://www.businessinsider.com/google-nyc-store-photos-2016-10) to check out this joint in person, but more and more, I'm feeling like I may just get an OP3 to replace this aging Nexus 5.

I've had the Pixel for about 5 hours and like it. The small difference in screen size from the Note 7 was bigger than I expected looking at em side by side. It's seems to be on be about as fast as the Note was. Audio is louder especially through Bluetooth. Loudest output of a android I've tried. The matte black back is real grippy but I def will need a case. Since I hate that I lost my waterproofing may get that lifeproof joint but that $90 is [emoji]128565[/emoji]. Battery seems to be about the same too.

When I turned in my Note told ol boy I lost my headphones he let me keep basically everything but the phone, the stylus, and the box. And went back and gave me a pair of headphones from a diff box.

All in all this may be a good replacement for me in the long run.

S6 edge has 3gb ram vs 6S 2gb

The 7/7+ have 3gb

The whole point is that Apple can do more with less because they design their own chips and the way iOS is programmed vs android

Got a feeling all of this will change in the next couple years. The brand new OS, Andromeda, will probably address Android's programming deficiencies (and update issues) added to the fact that Google is looking into custom chips to go along with their growing hardware endeavors and the grand plan they likely hatched a couple yrs ago will come into fruition.

Last edited:
If only the was an Apple thread...

Forgot how good the battery life is on this S7E.

Got damn. Over 3 hours to charge the 7 plus.
Ordered the v20 last night so I'll get it tomorrow. I'm off this weekend so I'll check in to leave some reviews.

Last edited:
Before I comment
I'm in Australia

Just noticed "VoLTE" on my signal area up the top.
Its just quicker clear phone calls that it yeh?
Seems my carrier upgraded something. I get 4g now over 3g previous. Haven't tested speeds yet. Hoping its better also

VoLTE is voice over LTE.

Instead of calls over voice networks, it runs on LTE.

So yeah, basically just clearer calls.

The more i watch reviews on the pixel, the more i like it. Its a pretty straightforward smartphone and its free of gimmicks. Some may argue that google assistant is but its just another feature like siri and cortana. If it had an IR blaster, it would be the perfect phone imo. I'll probably pick one up if there's a price drop around the holidays.

Last edited:
Got damn. Over 3 hours to charge the 7 plus.
Ordered the v20 last night so I'll get it tomorrow. I'm off this weekend so I'll check in to leave some reviews.

I charge mine when I first get to work or at night. I wish it had fast charging, but the battery last so long it really doesn't matter.

My Anker $30 Bluetooth speaker is awesome sound quality wise and absolutely never dies.

Last edited:
NYC, not sure if you knew, the Google pop-up space opened yesterday (I believe) and is at 96 Spring Street in Soho. Might take a run over there after work.

You can't buy anything at the spot but if you're in the area and looking to see all of the new releases in person, it might be worth stopping through.

Back
Top Bottom