Wade Phillips Era over. Bring on Bill Cohwer

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Cowboys made their prime mistake pleasing Romo got rid of T.O. for Roy Williams
Roy Williams & Miles Austin combine not better than To
To might be cancer in locker room but he give 100 percent effort and speak the truth
Romo is downfall of cowboys and he aint getting no younger
Cowboys worryin bout WR's what bout ur dbs
Cowboys always had Best Dbs & Safeties all of sudden it was bout offense offense
They forgot what won them championships Running game & great pass defense
laugh.gif
u jokin right. For T.O. to be the elite receiver that he is, he didn't try to get open for ++%+. It's been discussed and put under the microscope plenty of times.
We can get better production out of Dez and Miles as far as them not beggin for the ball all the time.

I def agree w/ u about defense bein the thing that won Dallas rings back in the 90's. Wasn't nothin a teams air game could do against the Dallas secondary or the run against their D-line. 

Romo needs to go, plain and simple. We gave this cat too many chances. Everybody knows when it's down to the wire, he's gon telegraph a pass to Witten.

I don't mind a destroy and rebuild phase, as long as we're the 2nd team to 6 rings 

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by CJ003

i cant remember but was jimmy johnson the GM/have roster control?
Never. Jones took full control within months of buying the team.
Wrong.

Can you correct the uninformed, great one? 
embarassed.gif

Jimmy built that mid-nineties team.  Those were his players and his drafts.  Jerry used to tell Jimmy to talk to him during the draft to make it looke like Jerry was involved in the process. 

[h1]
[h1]The Curvin Richards Moment?[/h1]
Posted: November 27, 2006 @ 7:42 pm

Jimmy Johnson was a master team psychologist and one of his bolder — and more effective moves — came in the 1992 season finale against the Chicago Bears.

The Cowboys had sewn up the second NFC playoff seed and a first round bye. Late in their 27-14 win, backup running back Curvin Richards fumbled twice. Fans in the stands may have laughed off the careless plays, but Johnson did not. He cut Richards immediately after the game.

The move left Dallas without a backup to Emmitt Smith entering the playoffs. More importantly from Johnson’s perspective, it told his team not to become complacent; getting into the playoffs would be viewed as a mere opportunity, not as an end in itself. The young Cowboys got the message. They played near flawless football and won their first title
[/h1]

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by CJ003

i cant remember but was jimmy johnson the GM/have roster control?
Never. Jones took full control within months of buying the team.
Wrong.

Can you correct the uninformed, great one? 
embarassed.gif

Jimmy built that mid-nineties team.  Those were his players and his drafts.  Jerry used to tell Jimmy to talk to him during the draft to make it looke like Jerry was involved in the process. 

[h1]
[h1]The Curvin Richards Moment?[/h1]
Posted: November 27, 2006 @ 7:42 pm

Jimmy Johnson was a master team psychologist and one of his bolder — and more effective moves — came in the 1992 season finale against the Chicago Bears.

The Cowboys had sewn up the second NFC playoff seed and a first round bye. Late in their 27-14 win, backup running back Curvin Richards fumbled twice. Fans in the stands may have laughed off the careless plays, but Johnson did not. He cut Richards immediately after the game.

The move left Dallas without a backup to Emmitt Smith entering the playoffs. More importantly from Johnson’s perspective, it told his team not to become complacent; getting into the playoffs would be viewed as a mere opportunity, not as an end in itself. The young Cowboys got the message. They played near flawless football and won their first title
[/h1]

Lets just hope the slashes continue over the next few weeks... Get a solid foundation by week 17, and have something to work with during the offseason.

This only happened 2.5 years late...

Lets just hope the slashes continue over the next few weeks... Get a solid foundation by week 17, and have something to work with during the offseason.

This only happened 2.5 years late...

get a new qb asap dallas
They have Romo.  There's less than 10 QB's that are better.  Peyton/Brady types are like once in a generation.  He's not a QB that you want to try to win a Super Bowl solely on his arm but he's solid enough that you can build around him. 

There's maybe 3 QB's in the entire league that may be able to carry a team to a Super Bowl.  And they all have only one Super Bowl win each, except for Brady. 

get a new qb asap dallas
They have Romo.  There's less than 10 QB's that are better.  Peyton/Brady types are like once in a generation.  He's not a QB that you want to try to win a Super Bowl solely on his arm but he's solid enough that you can build around him. 

There's maybe 3 QB's in the entire league that may be able to carry a team to a Super Bowl.  And they all have only one Super Bowl win each, except for Brady. 

since he is injured he not getting blamed but what was Romo record while he playing this year it was awful
i strongly feel that need a new qb so he has to fight for his job
cause Kitna is a horrible back up from what i see rite now

since he is injured he not getting blamed but what was Romo record while he playing this year it was awful
i strongly feel that need a new qb so he has to fight for his job
cause Kitna is a horrible back up from what i see rite now

Back
Top Bottom