What are some good documentaries to watch?

Great documentary about a sport most people don't even know about. Arm Wrestling!

if someone can embed that would be great

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

DMT documentary on Netflix

I gotta watch that. I just tried some myself. Haven't "brokenthrough" yet but it felt amazing. I compared it to feeling like going into surgery and being under light anesthesia. It seemed like "they" were cleaning up the harddrive of my brain almost. Came back from the trip loving life but the feeling didn't stick like I hoped it would. Wasn't a life changing experience like shrooms but that might just be because I didn't do enough.
i just saw this documentary on Netflix and to be honest, it kinda scared me a bit.  I used to be pretty heavy into hallucinogins in my younger days (probably done LSD atleast a hundred times and mushrooms a handful of time) and DMT was always something that intrigued me.  The part that worries me is the quick lead up time to being in full out trip mode.  They talked about it in the documentary where with something like L or Fungus, you can rationalize your immersion into the alternate reality since it comes on gradually (so you know that its just the drugs working). 

How was it for you BirdsIView.  Did you have any lead up time, or did it hit you full blown in the face instantly?  You compared it to going into surgery, and for me, that means youre there one minute and gone the next.  The one time I went into surgery, I just remember the anesthegiologists telling me, dont worry, just breathe deep, and the next thing I know I'm waking up a couple hours later and being wheeled to my recovery room.  Is it like that?  somewhat unrelated question, does DMT go bad?  If I've had it for 2 years, is it no longer potent?

theonepercent.jpg

I gotta watch that. I just tried some myself. Haven't "brokenthrough" yet but it felt amazing. I compared it to feeling like going into surgery and being under light anesthesia. It seemed like "they" were cleaning up the harddrive of my brain almost. Came back from the trip loving life but the feeling didn't stick like I hoped it would. Wasn't a life changing experience like shrooms but that might just be because I didn't do enough.

Details
I haven't taken shrooms in over a year so the effects aren't fresh on my mind although I definitely still hold them with me. The main lasting effect is the ego death. I didn't understand what that meant before I tripped and you might not either but essentially any and all prejudicial feelings you have are torn apart. After I tripped, I could look at anyone, no matter how "bad" of a person they were and see their side of things. What made them who they are and why they behave the way they do. 
Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I gotta watch that. I just tried some myself. Haven't "brokenthrough" yet but it felt amazing. I compared it to feeling like going into surgery and being under light anesthesia. It seemed like "they" were cleaning up the harddrive of my brain almost. Came back from the trip loving life but the feeling didn't stick like I hoped it would. Wasn't a life changing experience like shrooms but that might just be because I didn't do enough.
i just saw this documentary on Netflix and to be honest, it kinda scared me a bit.  I used to be pretty heavy into hallucinogins in my younger days (probably done LSD atleast a hundred times and mushrooms a handful of time) and DMT was always something that intrigued me.  The part that worries me is the quick lead up time to being in full out trip mode.  They talked about it in the documentary where with something like L or Fungus, you can rationalize your immersion into the alternate reality since it comes on gradually (so you know that its just the drugs working).  

How was it for you BirdsIView.  Did you have any lead up time, or did it hit you full blown in the face instantly?  You compared it to going into surgery, and for me, that means youre there one minute and gone the next.  The one time I went into surgery, I just remember the anesthegiologists telling me, dont worry, just breathe deep, and the next thing I know I'm waking up a couple hours later and being wheeled to my recovery room.  Is it like that?  somewhat unrelated question, does DMT go bad?  If I've had it for 2 years, is it no longer potent?

Not really sure about it losing potency but I would highly doubt it would lose much if any at all. 
I was terrified going into it, I was building myself up for days and finally putting the lighter to it was a pretty stressful moment but the second I took the first hit all the fear went away. I ended up taking about 3 small to medium sized hits and it certainly didn't blow me away to a point where I didn't know who/what/where I was but I could see the potential if taken in larger amounts. I'm not sure if they mention it in the documentary as I haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet but many say it leaves your rational mind unaffected and I found that to be true. I felt relatively clear headed as I was tripping.

I meant the surgery part as the moments before you go completely out of it. The part where you're on the stretcher, drugged up and being rolled into the surgery room and you're the PRIME attention of the multiple doctors and nurses hovering above you. I felt like I was being taken care of by these beings and I was at absolute peace with that.

Smartest Guys in the Room (The Enron Story)
Religulous-Bill Maher's piece on religion. Really well done and very funny.
Beautiful Losers- great documentary about the underground art scene, features artists like Espo, Geoff McFetridge and Barry McGee. Talks a lot about guys who've had pretty heavy impacts on sneaker culture.

These sound interesting. I never used drugs, but that DMT doc sounds intriguing.

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

I've seen a lot of documentaries and these are 2 of my favorites. Some of my other favorites (such as THE COVE) have already been recommended in here but I haven't seen either of these in here.

I might be biased on this because I was already intrerested in Bill Cunningham but still a great film

http://tinypic.com?ref=11bmbt4

pimp.gif
very interesting doc (if you're into photography/fashion ++@.  Bill is dedicated to his craft.

Thug Life In DC - http://www.youtube.com/user/marq1107/videos

While filmmaker Marc Levin was making his feature-film debut with Slam, he was also completing this documentary which tells a similar tale on far grimmer terms. Thug Life In D.C. tells the harrowing true story of Aundrey Burno, a 17-year-old felon facing up to 115 years in prison on charges of killing a police officer. On one hand Burno is a street-hardened young man who talks of the "thug life" creed that "you gotta do what you gotta do to survive," but at the same time it's hard not to see the fear and despair in his eyes as his case moves along, or in his pleas to his younger brother not to follow the path he's walked. Thug Life In D.C. was produced by Levin for HBO's America Undercover documentary series. ~ Mark Deming, RoviRead more: http://www.answers.com/to...ife-in-d-c#ixzz1pPT24300

Thug Life In DC - http://www.youtube.com/user/marq1107/videos

While filmmaker Marc Levin was making his feature-film debut with Slam, he was also completing this documentary which tells a similar tale on far grimmer terms. Thug Life In D.C. tells the harrowing true story of Aundrey Burno, a 17-year-old felon facing up to 115 years in prison on charges of killing a police officer. On one hand Burno is a street-hardened young man who talks of the "thug life" creed that "you gotta do what you gotta do to survive," but at the same time it's hard not to see the fear and despair in his eyes as his case moves along, or in his pleas to his younger brother not to follow the path he's walked. Thug Life In D.C. was produced by Levin for HBO's America Undercover documentary series. ~ Mark Deming, RoviRead more: http://www.answers.com/to...ife-in-d-c#ixzz1pPT24300

[emoji]9654[/emoji] Thug Life in D.C Documentary - YouTube

if you are/were into skateboarding. definitely check all 5 parts out.

Back
Top Bottom