What Are The Highest Paying College Degrees As Of Now Vol. Undeclared/ Racks on Racks

Medical field whether its Dr, nurse, pa, really anything they pay great and give u hours. But remember u have to have a passion for what u do if u don't like it and just care for the money that will equal alot of money but depressed.

please don't go into nursing for the money.....too many of them %$#%$*@ occupying the field already

I'll throw out management information systems to you. Essentially going into the future you would help determine how to integrate new technology into businesses to help them be more competitive. For example, business A has no computer and B does. Sally is a returning customer, yet business A doesn't know because it's a different cashier. The cashier needs to recommend one of a list of 10 products to each customer, so he is going to be about 1/10 maybe 1/5 if he can identify obvious things (aka she has a kid, age). So now Sally leaves A with her item that she brought to the cashier, not impressed with the recommendation. Business B has a system that tracks all purchases. Sally walks in to buy something as well, but when she gets her recommendation it is much closer to what she is looking for. That is because this cashier was able to use the information system to get a competitive advantage, especially if Sally tells her friends about the item that you correctly chose to offer. As new technologies come along you will always be an important asset to a company.  Customization is the future of business and it's why businesses always ask you to sign up for rewards.  They want your information so that they can organize it using an information system in order to recommend marketing campaigns, additional items during sales, etc.  My ideal vision I suppose is using my degree to understand the basics of technology because I think it's easier to pick up the basics of marketing after school compared to vice versa.  
P.S. For those who are interested I'll give another example.  My friend works for a cruise service that stocks the liquor on the ship.  They use demographics that they must obtain in order to determine that there is let's say 70% Russians, 25% Puerto Rican, 5% whatever.  They must try their hardest to have about 70% vodka, 25% rum.. you catch my drift?  The worst case scenario is running out of vodka and having left over tequilla.  Computers have sped up this information gathering process tremendously and now to keep up business must do it efficiently.  Another important person in this process is that person that is in touch with trends around the world.  The system identifies the demographic and the trendy person decides what those people like.

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

Originally Posted by ricky409

Business related degrees have possible the lowest floor, and highest ceiling...

#comeatmebro

Very true.
I also think that "business" is the most common degree.

Yup. 
Everyone wants a business degree.

Glad I chose Chemistry. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If you're good at math, you can major in Actuarial Science.
I think it won't be hard to get a job as an actuary if you make it and pay is decent.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Highest paying right off the bat would be your various engineering degrees. Also finance and computer science. A S.T.E.M degree is a "safe" way to go, but the ceiling is not as high as your various business degrees. I chose Molecular Biology because I know it is steady, although the ceiling isnt very high

That's a specious argument.  If you have a science or engineering background, you can easily go get an MBA if you think your business skills are lacking.  A business undergrad trying to transition mid-career to a STEM specialty is near impossible.

hate topics like this, do your own damn research OP. You act like you don't have google. 
indifferent.gif

bump up for those youngsters getting ready for college, or folks looking to make some changes over the summer.

So nobody's gonna ask him what school he goes to or tell him that the school he attended matters when talking about degree weights??

I shall. What school u attend famb?

engineering will always have the highest paying degrees.
math/computers/science majors have pretty high paying degrees on average as well.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

engineering will always have the highest paying degrees.

If you can do it. Take engineering. Also Pharmacy is a good field to get into. Pretty good job security and great pay.
I'm economics major, just switched from business.

Honestly, something dealing with IT or Information Security is your best bet.

It's not the highest paying, but it pays well. Everybody at my school who graduated this yr in Computer Info Systems has a job, starting pay ranging from 50K to 85K

Plus it's a major that isn't going to destroy your social life to complete, not saying it's easy, but it's nothing like Engineering or one of the hard Sciences.
Edit: I heard Supply Chain Mgmt is good also if you're school has that.  

Originally Posted by JCity

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Getting a degree based on how much money they make is a bad idea. Get your degree in something that you actually want to do all your life.
truth. 
I believe the saying goes: if your doing something you love you'll never have to work another day in your life.

that's real talk 
pimp.gif
outside of sport or entertainment. I don't see any one enjoy working

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by JCity

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Getting a degree based on how much money they make is a bad idea. Get your degree in something that you actually want to do all your life.
truth. 
I believe the saying goes: if your doing something you love you'll never have to work another day in your life.

that's real talk 
pimp.gif
outside of sport or entertainment. I don't see any one enjoy working

either you are young,or your work life must be turrible.

Back
Top Bottom