What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

I don’t know how many like wine or have a Tom Thumb in your area, but they have a great case sale going on until Tuesday. 30% off 12 or more bottles, on top of the 6 bottle mix/match discount. Got about $430 worth of wine last night for $240.

Dope Sam's club & Costco getting they 'expressions' from Barton 1792. A good choice if you in there and don't wanna hit a liquor store (ironically Costco got better bourbon selection but as of late ain't have Kirkland Signature)

PXL_20221109_201535799.jpg

Mrs brought this home……

01B7A7A9-C750-4D1F-BA38-F5D130CB2DEC.jpeg

Dope story and happy to support, but upon first taste it taste like (expensive) Gentleman Jack. Chalk it up as being Jack Daniels head, but lmk what you think of

100 proof Nearest isn’t bad. Happy to support the family, story and legacy though. Has anyone tried their release that came from their own production? I believe all of their production is now made in-house but I’m not sure if those bottles are at wide scale for retailers.

(Had this last night for cocktails. Good, cheap juice.)
E309B946-31C0-4808-A737-EBCB1CDD8D3A.jpeg

Many of the local stores have gone to “buy X of our store picks, get the right to purchase an allocated bottle” …. Anybody else seeing this as a trend??? Can’t hate on the store owners but I don’t need another 3 bottles of sourced 5yr MGP that all tastes the same

^ yep, or even more broad than just store picks. it’s one of the reasons I stopped trying for good bottles.

Even if it isn’t advertised or official, local liquor stores near me that get good bottles or even regular Blanton’s only allocate those bottles to their top spending customers. They post pics on their IG underhandedly showing you how to get them by showing “John Jergoff with a huge haul today!”

But it’s like $500 worth of regular bottles, doubles of regulars, and 1 Blanton’s

Once I caught on to that I just :lol: and realized this bs ain’t for me. Hell, one liquor store near me has comment sections on their posts where their liquor club members or whatever will post “what’s a Blanton’s? HAHAHA” like it’s hilarious because to anyone not in their circle or spending $$$ all the time, they literally play dumb to their face if asked if they ever get any in that someone could buy.

For FYI we had to buy a bundle of sazerac rye and Bourbron creme for this which came out to a total of 199.

I would say I'm pretty lucky because the base will get blantons and some of the other allocated stuff and you just have to be there to get it.

Thier delivery truck comes on Friday and that's the best time to stop by.

For FYI we had to buy a bundle of sazerac rye and Bourbron creme for this which came out to a total of 199.

I would say I'm pretty lucky because the base will get blantons and some of the other allocated stuff and you just have to be there to get it.

Thier delivery truck comes on Friday and that's the best time to stop by.
I was thinking the whole game was like this. Luck of the draw. Stop in see if they had any if not “I’ll check next time!”

But I found snobbery and foolishness. Maybe it’s just my area. Idk

I was thinking the whole game was like this. Luck of the draw. Stop in see if they had any if not “I’ll check next time!”

But I found snobbery and foolishness. Maybe it’s just my area. Idk

I'm in San Diego and man...pretty much any high tier pick is gonna come in a bundle.

I sae a Stagg pick that went for 350 and the bundle was benchmark bourbon and platinum vodka....just trash.

Lower tier picks you can normally get just for sticker price. I'm in a FB group down here that does a great job of working with local liquor stores to create some pretty good picks.

But I'm pretty sure it's bad everywhere. The LA market is a joke...

Majority of our LS had avoided doing that until this year… Allocated never “hit the shelf” but a brief conversation would typically lead to one coming out of the back room for purchase… Not the case anymore… It’s secondary pricing, bundle or offered to their friends

Since it came up in conversation

Inside job? ABC embezzlement case points to leaks in hunt for rare bottles of bourbon

In April, when ABC was announcing a new, randomized “drop” system, where only a few stores are selected to put out their supply of limited-availability bottles, one commenter on the agency’s public Facebook page suggested someone had been trying to sell intel to bourbon buyers on where the best bottles would be.

“I had someone tell me that they have a back door in to the VABC computer system… when they had the Stagg release they knew how many bottles were going to be at what stores,”.,..... - An ABC investigation led to four felony indictments against two men who were arrested last month and charged with computer trespass and embezzling ABC’s inventory list.

Fam was facing two tryna be the man

It's insane the lengths some go to get these allocated bottles.

There are guys I know down here who hit Total Wine and Bevmo every day. They also have relationships with certain liqour stores and get things.

Really thinking about copping a bottle of MaCallan 18 for the holiday season. But we need a new microwave at the moment, lol.

I have an oven and a back up microwave. A new over range microwave is the price of a bottle of MaCallan 18.

Back
Top Bottom