What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

Elijah Craig BP is like trying to buy Preme Bogo in Cali.
A true gem for the bunker.

BTAC's are non-existant here:smh:

Sucks because ECBP is great at retail (I have two B517’s and two old labels bunkered down). Here in NY I can find pretty much anything...if I’m willing to pay. Distribution is good here but most (not all) charge basically resale prices.

Yall hip to that Uncle Nearest?

I tried it and liked it, but not enough to spend $50 on it during bourbon season.

Nice thread! Bookmarked.

I do enjoy a nice Scotch/Bourbon once in a while, only thing is the prices in the UK over the past 10 years or so have gone through the roof. Stuff like Elijah Craig BP is near the £100 mark over here... the Japanese/Suntory line is even harder to find and anything over 12 yrs is well into the £300-400 price bracket.

Luckily I have a few stashed up lol.

If I were you I’d be killing bottles of Blanton’s Gold and Straight From The Barrel weekly. Such a shame they don’t distribute such great BOURBON in America.

Send me some of those Blantons at cost and I’ll do the same with whatever you can’t get there.

*NEW THOT JUICE ALERT*

1-15-770x1024-600x797.jpg

**** gonna be all over that :lol:

Sidebar: has anyone had 1942? Is it worth this newfound hype its been receiving?

While on the subject, what are some of the better tequilas you guys have had?

If I were you I’d be killing bottles of Blanton’s Gold and Straight From The Barrel weekly. Such a shame they don’t distribute such great BOURBON in America.

Send me some of those Blantons at cost and I’ll do the same with whatever you can’t get there.

Didn't even know they were an international release tbh. I would love to help you out of course, but to be frank it'd be even more expensive for me to ship something like that over to the States, you'd be better off getting it straight from somewhere like The Whisky Exchange or Master of Malt... still gonna cost you a fair bit though, might even be easier to get from somewhere like Canada maybe?

I probably should have clarified in my first post, ALL whisky is steadily getting more expensive here in the UK... only going to get worse once Brexit kicks in too, that and the orange man's trade policy :smh:

But here's the links just in case you are interested:
https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/blantons-gold-edition-whiskey
https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/1018/blantons-gold-edition

As far a reasonably priced stuff goes Eagle Rare 10 is one of my go to's, can be quite decisive, some people love it some hate it, that and the Jack Daniels SB silver & gold editions, I used to be a JD snob, but I love those.
I need to get a proper display unit or something, at the moment my collection is spread out all over my apartment :lol:
The EC in the back is the 12 yr... another age statement that has gone extinct, along with the the 15 from the Noah's Mill :smh:

44398272574_f643447aec_c.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181005_164017.jpg
    IMG_20181005_164017.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Didn't even know they were an international release tbh. I would love to help you out of course, but to be frank it'd be even more expensive for me to ship something like that over to the States, you'd be better off getting it straight from somewhere like The Whisky Exchange or Master of Malt... still gonna cost you a fair bit though, might even be easier to get from somewhere like Canada maybe?

I probably should have clarified in my first post, ALL whisky is steadily getting more expensive here in the UK... only going to get worse once Brexit kicks in too, that and the orange man's trade policy :smh:

But here's the links just in case you are interested:
https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/blantons-gold-edition-whiskey
https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/1018/blantons-gold-edition

Unfortunately, MoM doesn’t ship to America anymore (snuck in an order for both Blanton’s before they changed their policy). TWE is limit 1 on the Gold (and no SFTB currently) otherwise I would order a bunch to save on shipping that way.

Don’t really hear of SFTB in Canada, I hear they have some Gold but I’ve never seen them when I’m there (and no websites that ship to America).

Europe and Japan (and the Caribbean, apparently) are the best bets for the international-exclusive Blanton’s.

Got some High West Double Rye for cheap (34.99) Not bad. Far cry from Bulleitt Barrell Strength that is pretty good.

**** gonna be all over that :lol:

Sidebar: has anyone had 1942? Is it worth this newfound hype its been receiving?

While on the subject, what are some of the better tequilas you guys have had?

Casa noble anejo and Fortaleza was my go to tequilas this summer

Got some High West Double Rye for cheap (34.99) Not bad. Far cry from Bulleitt Barrell Strength that is pretty good.

I’ll take the high west any day. Bulleit’s portfolio just doesn’t do it for me. Lacks finish. Curious did you get the new in house blend batch high west double rye starting with 18 on the label or an older version with a 2 and 16 year blend?

I’ll take the high west any day. Bulleit’s portfolio just doesn’t do it for me. Lacks finish. Curious did you get the new in house blend batch high west double rye starting with 18 on the label or an older version with a 2 and 16 year blend?

I will check when I get home from the office

It is an 18 on the batch

Last edited:
Try Old Forester 1920 Prohibition-style and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, both should be around $55-60.

Do like the Makers line though, very underrated. I have a Private Select that’s awesome (but they vary widely depending on the stave selection).

Not a fan of old forester. EC is the goods tho.

Not a fan of old forester. EC is the goods tho.

1920 is a different beast. Not your regular OF, even blows away Birthday.

Stagg JR $100 in nyc tho. Worth it?

I have 5 different batches of Jr and none were more than $70, all bought in NYC. I’d hold off until you find for under $80, shouldn’t be too hard for the current batch. Worth its coin though, they keep getting better and better.

Picked up some appropriately themed whiskey for Halloween.
Gonna pour myself a generous measure and then binge watch The Haunting of Hill House…

45634906801_7e95864c7b_z.jpg

Picked these up. Planning to get the rest. Sucks that most if not all liquor places are going hard with the mark up on most of not all the bottles. I DM'd one place and they said they want $500 for the whole set :smh:

20181112_214909.jpg

Back
Top Bottom