what BOOK you reading vol 234982348734

517MECK9K2L._SS500_.jpg

Not sure what type of books you looking for...

But last month I read Shutter Island since I plan to see the movie (soon) and I read this one...

I thought it was a pretty dope book, really think my DR folks and Latino should check it out (only because its based around a DR family and uses our slang, stories, culture, history in the book)...

From Amazon:
The titular Oscar is a 300-pound-plus "lovesick ghetto nerd" with zerogame (except for Dungeons & Dragons) who cranks out pages offantasy fiction with the hopes of becoming a Dominican J.R.R. Tolkien.The book is also the story of a multi-generational family curse thatcourses through the book, leaving troubles and tragedy in its wake.

I'm currently loooking for a good read too, in the meantime, believe it or not, im just reading 1984

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

Not sure what type of books you looking for...

But last month I read Shutter Island since I plan to see the movie (soon) and I read this one...

I thought it was a pretty dope book, really think my DR folks and Latino should check it out (only because its based around a DR family and uses our slang, stories, culture, history in the book)...

From Amazon:
The titular Oscar is a 300-pound-plus "lovesick ghetto nerd" with zerogame (except for Dungeons & Dragons) who cranks out pages offantasy fiction with the hopes of becoming a Dominican J.R.R. Tolkien.The book is also the story of a multi-generational family curse thatcourses through the book, leaving troubles and tragedy in its wake.

I'm currently loooking for a good read too, in the meantime, believe it or not, im just reading 1984

read this january.
laugh.gif
it was kinda funny. i'm not dominican or can speak an ounce of spanish but its filled w/ slang. It's okay book. Far from best.

I just finished the Rules of Attraction, I'm kind of searching at the moment.

Might start the Time Traveller's Wife, but I don't know if that'll be fun to read.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

read this january.
laugh.gif
it was kinda funny. i'm not dominican or can speak an ounce of spanish but its filled w/ slang. It's okay book. Far from best.

Cool.  Just to be clear, I'm not saying only DR folks should check it out but understanding that slang, spanglish adds to the humor, helps the story flow.  Definitely not a classic or nothing but a good read... I thought about certain NT'ers when I read about Oscar Wao ("YNS").

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Whoever mentioned Fight Club, I've watched the movie plenty of times(one of my fav. Movies) how does the book compare?

Back
Top Bottom