What do you do for a living?

Finance....pretty much right now the assistant to two advisors who do retirement plans for companies in a few states, trying to learn from them and get to that level.

tumblr_d41ecf5d65160bf5e313e02a83c15ba8_05a3b751_640.gif

Anyone getting close to having enough to retire?

I’d like to be done by 45 latest. And just do some consulting here and there after. I think I need to do a lot more technical learning in my field to be available to do that though probably. Will try to do that in 2022.

I wish, I can’t retire soon but I’m planning on leaving my job to something I’ll actually enjoy and give me a better work life balance.

my job isn’t sustainable long term. On call all summer 80 hours a week and off in the winter. Longest anyone has lasted is 7 summers.

I am a course facilitator for an introductory business course, along with the founder of a student organization at U Wisconsin. These opportunities allow me to inspire & connect others, present materials, and plan events.

20 years old, in my junior year, double majoring in finance and real estate. Looking to work in real estate development, investment banking, or real estate venture capital upon graduation.

With those who would like to answer and I guess more serious/respectable jobs:. Do y'all find the work y'all do challenging/engaging or is it like any other job just with the necessary requirements/credentials needed tied to it?

I'd imagine getting the degree/certification being the hard part then everyone else would be similar to a HS equivalent of a entry level job.

Just curious...guess I'm trying to pick the brains of some. Need it for myself more than anything.

Anyone getting close to having enough to retire?

I’d like to be done by 45 latest. And just do some consulting here and there after. I think I need to do a lot more technical learning in my field to be available to do that though probably. Will try to do that in 2022.
my neighbor pretty much retired a couple yrs ago in his 30s. his company was was bought out and he got paid.
he use to be grinding like crazy working long hours and it paid off
he pretty much travels and picks ups some projects here and there to keep him busy these days

With those who would like to answer and I guess more serious/respectable jobs:. Do y'all find the work y'all do challenging/engaging or is it like any other job just with the necessary requirements/credentials needed tied to it?

I'd imagine getting the degree/certification being the hard part then everyone else would be similar to a HS equivalent of a entry level job.

Just curious...guess I'm trying to pick the brains of some. Need it for myself more than anything.
I work in banking, I've done various roles but currently I am in the product space. My work is very challenging, not sure I would say "engaging" though. I would say most in my current space have some kind of an advanced degree, while some don't.

Any job I think has its challenges, hardest I have ever worked was when I was 15 slanging burgers at BK making 6.50 an hour.

My work now is obviously a different kind of hard. So to answer your question, my current job is more challenging than an entry level job. Doesn't mean its more important or exciting. Just harder, in the sense that every day presents a different problem(s) to solve. At BK I was always just trying to get Burgers out the drive through or clean some thing.

Back
Top Bottom