What do you do for a living?

Analyst for a RET law firm.... just went to private sector in SEP 2020.

I wish I had gone to law school....these dudes make big bucks.

How many of yall like your career/job?

I project manage in construction and its skressful. cool to see things come together but usually a headache throughout and not much fun.

I like my job but hate working the crazy hours. If I could do 40 hours a week with weekends off I’d do it until I retired.

out of 30+ employees in our housekeeping department less then 10 of us got covid. from the beginning . mostly asymptomatic and back to work in 10 days.

only 1 got hit really hard and took 4-5 months

Currently I’m studying to become a software tester. For now I’m still working as the head of IT Support & Web Admin for a mental health organization.

We host ‘talking sessions’ for higher education students, which are then moderated by fellow students (our moderators must be students).
Normally these take place in person at a cozy location we have access to but now we host them online due to covid.
It’s kinda like group therapy but we legally can’t refer to the sessions as such. Students can freely get something off their chest there, from just wanting a talk to very serious issues. Our moderators are all trained by a university psychologist program. Naturally most of our moderators are psychology or medicine students but there are exceptions here and there.

My position of IT Support was initially volunteer work but I have a paid position now after drastically increasing my workload and involvement in high level meetings. For example, running the transition to hosting the sessions online, building/maintaining our website, training others to be able to perform my tasks, ...
It helps of course that I’ve been friends with the co-founder of the company for years before this, after all she’s the one who hired and promoted me.

Our workplace atmosphere is like a utopia, everyone gets along really well. Things like showing up to a top level meeting high on coke (which a coworker did) generally isn’t made into a big deal as long as you’re willing to talk about it.
The only ‘punishment’ is having to seek some form of treatment.
About 80-90% of my 40something coworkers are women.

I also acquire and sell social media usernames (Twitch, IG, Xbox, …) as a lucrative sidehustle.

Last edited:
Students can freely get something off their chest there, from just wanting a talk to very serious issues.

I also acquire and sell social media usernames (Twitch, IG, Xbox, …) as a lucrative sidehustle.

This sounds like a really great resource for students. I would most definitely go to one at my university if it were in person

Next wave is .xyz crypto domains fyi

This sounds like a really great resource for students. I would most definitely go to one at my university if it were in person

Next wave is .xyz crypto domains fyi
Yeah we’re actually partnered with the big university in the area we operate in so we can access cozy spaces for the in-person sessions. We’ve also gotten a shoutout from the queen of Belgium and subsequently received funding from the King Badouain Foundation.

Back
Top Bottom