What do you guys do when you see this???

What do you guys do when you see Mormon Missionaries at your door or in the distance coming your way via bike.

I'm assuming we have some people in this site with this religion so please enlighten me.

So far in my lifetime I've encountered them probably 7-8 times. Out of those 7-8 times I've let them speak their mission, respectfully so. I'veheard as much as I could hear and I'm not convinced. I've taken their bible and read about a quarter of it out of curiosity and basic knowledge.

I'm kind to them, I don't banter and listen with deft ears. I offer them coke and Hevy metal music and sometimes a Christmas present but that's it.
smile.gif

I just don't like having religious belief shoved down my throat.

I can abide to any form of belief as long as it makes you comfortable and happy. I like my religion where I can blow up half the world and club baby sealsand all I have to do is confess my sins and I'm off to do it again.... thank you very much is what I usually tell them.
BTW: I was encountered by 2 yesterday.

I start spazzing out like I'm possessed by demons.
devil.gif
Then I proceedto grab a white woman's %%+ while smoking a blunt and drinking whiskey.

i opened the door once and they started to give their spiel and i tell them i'm catholic.

i get a
indifferent.gif
from one of them. and i just shut the door.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I start spazzing out like I'm possessed by demons.
devil.gif
Then I proceed to grab a white woman's %%+ while smoking a blunt and drinking whiskey.
Real talk, I'd pay money to be a fly in a room if you actually set down and talked to them about your beliefs. I wonder if they'd listenthe way they expect others to listen.

to write a story for my journalism class i went to a LDS church. the experience was nothing like i had ever had before. they were nice though. they asked me ifi was considering converting (i'm Baptist) and i just kind of smiled and said i had a nice time. but it's awkward because the "Elders" (likethe ones pictured in OP's post) see me at the grocery store or on campus and always ask me if i'm going to come back another Sunday. but when thesepeople come knock on my door I just don't answer.

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

I wonder if they'd listen the way they expect others to listen.

No they don't, I think at one instance where I opened the door and had them rant for about 15 min. I stood there quietly and listened...so I wanted toenlighten them.

They kept stopping me from my rant to oppose. I was like I think your tie is to tight and I was turned off from hearing them out shut the door instantly.

They're like jury duty, you get them ever so often and you don't want to hear it.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]OP I'm stealing your avy for personal use.. thanks[/color]
pimp.gif
WHY???

Originally Posted by dunks87

to write a story for my journalism class i went to a LDS church. the experience was nothing like i had ever had before. they were nice though. they asked me if i was considering converting (i'm Baptist) and i just kind of smiled and said i had a nice time. but it's awkward because the "Elders" (like the ones pictured in OP's post) see me at the grocery store or on campus and always ask me if i'm going to come back another Sunday. but when these people come knock on my door I just don't answer.

It's probably never going to end with them...How long did you go to their church for???

1st, i'm like...
iqv8ys.gif

then, i immediately feel like...
hvwc91.gif

then, i open the door and give them this look til they get the picture...
2hxrgqs.gif

Usually I get Jehova's Witnesses, and I let them talk then tell them that I think the bible is all made up stories.

Usually they're talking about Noah so I ask them if you could really fit two of every single animal in the world on a boat and how would you feed them anddeal with doo doo.

If it were Mormons, i'd ask them if they think that Black people are curse and if so what about half blacks are they half cursed?

Originally Posted by I Be John Mayer

Usually I get Jehovah's Witnesses, and I let them talk then tell them that I think the bible is all made up stories.

Usually they're talking about Noah so I ask them if you could really fit two of every single animal in the world on a boat and how would you feed them and deal with doo doo.

If it were Mormons, I'd ask them if they think that Black people are curse and if so what about half blacks are they half cursed?

Nice hahahaha
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by imperialh8

Originally Posted by dunks87

to write a story for my journalism class i went to a LDS church. the experience was nothing like i had ever had before. they were nice though. they asked me if i was considering converting (i'm Baptist) and i just kind of smiled and said i had a nice time. but it's awkward because the "Elders" (like the ones pictured in OP's post) see me at the grocery store or on campus and always ask me if i'm going to come back another Sunday. but when these people come knock on my door I just don't answer.

It's probably never going to end with them...How long did you go to their church for???

I only went once. (never again) it's nothing personal I just don't agree with a lot of what they said. But I'm not in my college town for thesummer, so I'm hoping when I return I won't run into them.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom