What do you think is your life's purpose?

Become a doctor
ohwell.gif
...after that it's blah blah blah

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

oh my god i totally figured out the meaning of life after a few beers last sunday after work in a bar.

it's to find something that makes YOU happy while simultaneously changing the world for the better, therefore making others happy.

it was really hard for me to grasp the concept of being happy because i was like "what happens when you've gone to school and have everything you could possibly have, then what??"

but the way i see it, my longing to make the world a better place can never be satiated.

i don't know if that makes sense to you guys, but it makes sense to me. oh* edit- i'm going back t o school to be an elementary school teacher. right now i'm volunteering.

me too...i want to teach children to read...but today i was thinking about being a guidance counselor and helping kids go to college and get money forcollege/vocational training after HS...

kids are my passion...i would honestly do it for free...my bf told me last night i couldn't change the world and i really wanted to fight him...
mad.gif

i have so many ideas for working with children...and working with young girls so they don't end up lost and crazy...

GET HUGE

laugh.gif
no i don't think life has a "purpose," but at the same time i can't imagine not working towards a goal.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

GET HUGE

laugh.gif
no i don't think life has a "purpose," but at the same time i can't imagine not working towards a goal.
pimp.gif

true though.

I'm about 99.9% sure I was put on this world to practice politics. I can't think of anything else I could possibly do or want to do.

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

me too...i want to teach children to read...but today i was thinking about being a guidance counselor and helping kids go to college and get money for college/vocational training after HS...

kids are my passion...i would honestly do it for free...my bf told me last night i couldn't change the world and i really wanted to fight him...
mad.gif

i have so many ideas for working with children...and working with young girls so they don't end up lost and crazy...
me too man, and i actually do do it for free, volunteering. actually, volunteering is what made merealize how much i love kids. if you love something so much that you'd do it for free, and you can envision yourself doing it for the rest of your life,then you should do it

From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life.
Arthur Ashe

and don't worry about what your bf said, if it makes YOU happy then that's all that matters- and plus-
Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end. ScottAdams.

to be a Senior VP of Urban Lifestyle Marketing....or Senior A&R...i cna do either....it's just a talent for me

me too...i want to teach children to read...but today i was thinking about being a guidance counselor and helping kids go to college and get money for college/vocational training after HS...

mad.gif

me too man, and i actually do do it for free, volunteering. actually, volunteering is what made me realize how much i love kids. if you love something so much that you'd do it for free, and you can envision yourself doing it for the rest of your life, then you should do it

Arthur Ashe

and don't worry about what your bf said, if it makes YOU happy then that's all that matters- and plus-
Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end. Scott Adams.

me too
eek.gif
i was a a business major then i started volunteering at the Boysand Girls club out here and decided i wanted to teach...my mom hires teachers overseas so i'm tryin to go to Italy for a year or two...i love working withmy kids at the B&GC...they make my heart smile...
embarassed.gif
smokin.gif

mad.gif

me too man, and i actually do do it for free, volunteering. actually, volunteering is what made me realize how much i love kids. if you love something so much that you'd do it for free, and you can envision yourself doing it for the rest of your life, then you should do it

Arthur Ashe

Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end. Scott Adams.

good for you simply.....but lets not get carried away.

at the end of the day we all gotta eat/pay bills.

youll prolly get rich husband so your good.

Props to everyone who said working with kids btw
pimp.gif

I've been volunteering to tutor/coach kids every year for the last like 5 years....during the school year, summer, etc. especially in Hartford, CT andLawrence, MA where some of the schools are really bad compared to the surrounding areas.

Such a good thing to do, and it's crazy fun actually. A lot of those kids are so cool.

pimp.gif

I've been volunteering to tutor/coach kids every year for the last like 5 years....during the school year, summer, etc. especially in Hartford, CT and Lawrence, MA where some of the schools are really bad compared to the surrounding areas.

Such a good thing to do, and it's crazy fun actually. A lot of those kids are so cool.

pimp.gif

yea man them kids need that.

props my man.

dont sleep, they got some bad #$& kids too though
laugh.gif

OP this may help you...I know it helped me when I was"Lost"...

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will be explaining some of the Generalised Principles that you can apply to your life.Using these principles will help you to:[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Make a big positive difference in the world.[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Increase the amount of happiness and blessings in your life.[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fulfill your life's purpose.[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]PRECESSION[/color][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The first Generalised Principle wewill look at is called:[/font]
Precession1.jpg

Precession is not PROcession, which mean movement in a line. Instead, Precession is:

Precession2.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will give you a few examples toexplain this.

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What happens when you drop a stoneinto some water?[/font]

Precession3.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ripples go out. That is, there isa side effect to the main effect. And the side effect can be very large.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here is another example.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is possible, just possible, that the honey bee has a life purpose. What would thatlife purpose be? To pollinate plants, to keep life on earth going. We wouldn't exist if it wasn't for honey bees.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But do you think the honey bee gets up each morning and says to herself that she has tocross pollinate plants? No. She just has - what goal? To collect nectar to make honey.[/font]

PrecessionBee1.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Precession happens at right angles to the direction of motion. It's a side effect. In the case of the honey bee, the sideeffect is what? The pollination of plants, and the maintenance of life on earth.[/font]

PrecessionBee2.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So, it's just possible thatpollinating plants is the bee's TRUE PURPOSE.

[/font]
PrecessionBee3.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now, if the honey bee has a truepurpose, who else do you think may have a true purpose in life? US

[/font]
PrecessionYou.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So here's the cosmic joke. Ifthe goal was your life purpose, and you achieved it, what would happen? You'd stop. But once you stop, there is no precession, no side-effects -and it's the side -effect, not the goal, that is your life purpose.

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Humans are MEANT to be IN MOTION.

[/color]
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thereal fruit of what we would be doing would not be obvious to us, because it would be at right angles to the goal we set. It would happen as a side effect.

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The trick is toset the right goals. How do we know if the goal we set is creating the right side effects?

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]YOU are not meant to go after money. Youshould instead, set a goal that 'adds value'. That is, that improves the quality of people's lives orof the earth.

[/font]
PrecessionYou2.jpg

If you want to know more: http://www.relfe.com/life_purpose.html

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

good for you simply.....but lets not get carried away.

at the end of the day we all gotta eat/pay bills.

youll prolly get rich husband so your good.
well duh, that's why i said i wanted to be an elementary school teacher. i know i have to pay bills.
laugh.gif

but i don't want to work with rich snotty kids... i want to work with underprivileged kids.. right now i volunteer with kids at the briarwood salvationarmy homeless shelter... i want to work with the ones that can't pay for a fancy education but are still smart and awesome kids.

i don't care about a big salary. i care about making a difference. so as long as i'm stable, i'm good. and smh at rich husband. i don't evensee a signifigant other in my future right now, or at least for a very long time, and i could care less.

mytmouse- that's really cool
eek.gif
i wish i had someone to hook me up like that. good luck with everything!

pimp.gif

I've been volunteering to tutor/coach kids every year for the last like 5 years....during the school year, summer, etc. especially in Hartford, CT and Lawrence, MA where some of the schools are really bad compared to the surrounding areas.

pimp.gif

props my man.

laugh.gif

oh man i know
laugh.gif

you from the hartford area?

i don't care about a big salary. i care about making a difference. so as long as i'm stable, i'm good
yep, i feel you.

do what you love and success will follow.

SiMPLYDiMPLY wrote:

eek.gif

no lie if you decide you want to do it let me know...she's the boss and they're always lookin for people to go over there...its for kidswho are overseas cuz their parents are in the military...they pay for all expenses to get there and fly you home twice a year...i just want to stack some moneyand see the world a lil then come work with the underprivileged kids...

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

props my man.

laugh.gif

oh man i know
laugh.gif

i reside in the small area code of 860

im very familiar with hartford its my place of birth.

oh word i went to loomis chaffee (in windsor) for a year and a half.
yea Joe Cam is allllllllllllll set.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

props my man.

laugh.gif

oh man i know
laugh.gif

UCONN head over here...
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

I use to tutored at Hartford public for 2 years...

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

props my man.

laugh.gif

oh man i know
laugh.gif

oh word i went to loomis chaffee (in windsor) for a year and a half.

Reality is a $@$^#$Q$# . One day you dreaming yourself of doing something you love. Next thing you know it was all a dream . F life

SiMPLYDiMPLY wrote:

eek.gif
no lie if you decide you want to do it let me know...she's the boss and they're always lookin for people to go over there...its for kids who are overseas cuz their parents are in the military...they pay for all expenses to get there and fly you home twice a year...i just want to stack some money and see the world a lil then come work with the underprivileged kids...

wow definitely - part of my life plan is to study abroad and travel and whatnot, that would be pretty awesome. if we are both still on NT in a few yearsi'll let you know
laugh.gif

if not just to look up DODEA...

Department of Defense Education Activity...thats who she works for...

long as you've take the teaching certifications tests you can go anywhere there is a base with schools...

Back
Top Bottom