What does god's love feel like to you?

my dog is a very loving dog...

he's a loyal friend and if i ever feel down i know i can just call him over and he will be there to comfort me..

a dogs love and companionship feels a million times better than a humans..no matter what your dog wont judge you..

Last edited:
All internal or Eternal peace actually is, is confidence. That's all it really is. If you listen to people speak of, or you actually read the bible and other spiritual text in metaphor, you'll see many parallels to what many percieve to be common sense. Being spiritual, actually means being mindful of others, which is why many religious leaders are feeling as if there is an end of time coming soon, due to people not really giving a damn about one another.  They see the signs like with Sandy Hook, also Hurricane Sandy, where a man turned away a woman and her children, only to see her boys be taken away by a flood. For those who are highly sensitive to such matters, it seems like there is no love coming from any God in these times.
The religious leaders and you are over exaggerating the negative events that have taken place in our life times. People have been committing atrocities since the dawn of civilization and continue to do so. The only difference is that we have become a lot more intelligent and have built technologies that are capable of heinous acts at a grander scale. If you went back 2000 years ago, you would find similar morally bankrupt people committing crimes.

no one loves me
tired.gif

The religious leaders and you are over exaggerating the negative events that have taken place in our life times. People have been committing atrocities since the dawn of civilization and continue to do so. The only difference is that we have become a lot more intelligent and have built technologies that are capable of heinous acts at a grander scale. If you went back 2000 years ago, you would find similar morally bankrupt people committing crimes.

There is nothing worse than ignorant people in this country who think there is more suffering in the world today than in the past. These idiots are no different than people who burned witches to stop famine and plagues instead of using reason to their benefit.

The religious leaders and I? What about scientists who speak on climate change? You do realize that they also feel there there will be an end, unless we change our ways, right?

While one group is speaking from a spiritual perspective, the other is coming from the scientfic perspective. Both are dead on while stating that something needs to be done, and we all have the power to do something about the mess that we are currently experiencing in our midst. It's going to take humanity as a whole, as a collective, to reverse the vicious cycle that may lead to our doom.

Perhaps you are not taking these negative events seriously enough. Instead of attempting to debunk those who seek enlightement through faith, suggesting an exaggeration, why don't you try and understand their perspective, instead of making an attempt to shut it down? 

Last edited:
There is nothing worse than ignorant people in this country who think there is more suffering in the world today than in the past. These idiots are no different than people who burned witches to stop famine and plagues instead of using reason to their benefit.
What about the doctors that performed scientific studies to prove the inferiority of the Jews in Nazi Germany?

How about the doctors that allowed Black men and women to live with Syphillis, The Tuskegee Experiment, in the name of science?

These idiots are no different than the people who stand on the sidelines, then lumping all of the religious in the same barrel.

Is there anything worse than people who'll utilize selective reasoning, in order to demonize things that they are either afraid of, or simply do not understand?

Personally, I don't think so.

Last edited:
I don't believe in god, the Bible seems like a child's book to me. But makes me wonder what happens once you die.. I kinda feel like he is here but at the same time I don't believe it. Confused 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
What about the doctors that performed scientific studies to prove the inferiority of the Jews in Nazi Germany?
How about the doctors that allowed Black men and women to live with Syphillis, The Tuskegee Experiment, in the name of science?

These idiots are no different than the people who stand on the sidelines, then lumping all of the religious in the same barrel.

Is there anything worse than people who'll utilize selective reasoning, in order to demonize things that they are either afraid of, or simply do not understand?

Oh what about scientist who created the internet you so conveniently sent this message you just created through the internet. I'm not getting into a science vs religion debate with you people, it's absurd. Same people who try to create a divide between science and religion are the first ones to rely on it in their daily lives. :rofl:

There are bad people in every profession, not sure what it has to do with people who fail to look at history as a whole and make comments like "OMG there is a school shooting, put prayer back in the church!!!".:rofl: Afterall a lot of doctors I know are religious, not sure where you are going with that.

Last edited:
Why are 99% of atheists so cold and downright ANGRY at life? Honestly, keep your misery, regrets, and non accomplished goals to yourselves .
It's written all over your foreheads.

LOL @ non-accomplished goals and regrets. :rofl:

People like you are only religious because of perceived positive reinforcements. Meanwhile the most non-religious nations on this planet have the highest level of education, least crime, most technological advancement and less women getting stoned for reading books.

I am a very accomplished individual and when I graduate I'm not going to give an NBA player/BET award winner type speech about how God helped me get this far as an insult to the next man.

Last edited:
Oh what about scientist who created the internet you so conveniently sent this message you just created through the internet. I'm not getting into a science vs religion debate with you people, it's absurd. Same people who try to create a divide between science and religion are the first ones to rely on it in their daily lives.
roll.gif

There are bad people in every profession, not sure what it has to do with people who fail to look at history as a whole and make comments like "OMG there is a school shooting, put prayer back in the church!!!".
roll.gif
Yes, there are examples of good and bad in all forms of discipline. However, wasn't it you who tried to created the divide on this thread?
Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

?

^^What's with the question mark? You clearly have the worst reading comprehension skills imaginable. My comment was a shot at people who are quick to play the apocalypse/"God is disappoint" card when they see something horrible in the news. Horrendous acts of genocide, war, famine, natural disasters have existed since the dawn of man, in many ways people in our society are fortunate. People who think this way have no sense of history or perspective. I said nothing about "science" till you brought up syphillis and scientists doing bad things.

Why did you bring up doctors? You act like being a physician is a religion. That's like being saying "Oh yea well carpenters sometimes rape women". That statement is true but completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Last edited:
^^What's with the question mark? You clearly have the worst reading comprehension skills imaginable. My comment was a shot at people who are quick to play the apocalypse/"God is disappoint" card when they see something horrible in the news. Horrendous acts of genocide, war, famine, natural disasters have existed since the dawn of man, in many ways people in our society are fortunate. People who think this way have no sense of history or perspective. I said nothing about "science" till you brought up syphillis and scientists doing bad things.
Why did you bring up doctors? You act like being a physician is a religion. That's like being saying "Oh yea well carpenters sometimes rape women". That statement is true but completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.
My reading comprehension?

Take everything in complete context. This was his comment to me,
Originally Posted by TLRDX91

Your comment cosigning his,
Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

So my response to you was,
Originally Posted by LONGSTROKE

What about the doctors that performed scientific studies to prove the inferiority of the Jews in Nazi Germany?
How about the doctors that allowed Black men and women to live with Syphillis, The Tuskegee Experiment, in the name of science?

Is there anything worse than people who'll utilize selective reasoning, in order to demonize things that they are either afraid of, or simply do not understand?

My example was to show the wrongs done by the medical, scientific community as well.

Why are 99% of atheists so cold and downright ANGRY at life? Honestly, keep your misery, regrets, and non accomplished goals to yourselves .

It's written all over your foreheads.
You mean "99% of atheists who argue/troll Christians on the internet" :lol:

There are plenty of nonbelievers who are kind, gentle, agreeable people. You just don't encounter those ones because they don't feel the need to debate something as insignificant as religious beliefs.

I wish you the best and pray that you graduate and become a succesful individuall . I also hope that whatever made you such a cold person toward religion is healed with content and happiness.
And once you are truly happy, you'll understand that religion helps some people lead extraordinary lives. Other people live extraordinary lives without religion as well, but you will never catch them bashing it by any means. They are simply glad that their neighbor is reaping the rewards of a well disciplined, educated , moral filled life.

Thanks

View media item 183918
See that's one of my issues with religious people, so pretentious and out of touch with reality. Someone can not possibly be happy unless they believe in a phantom. Which is hilarious because belief in God is not enough for most religious people, you have to believe in their own God. We are all atheists. Religious people expect me to be tolerant of some of their intolerant and ignorant beliefs when many of them are intolerant of other belief systems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom