What experience in your life made you lose your innocence?

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Grew up in the hood, never felt what most would consider innocence.

Damn, you sound like one of my cousins that grew up in Vietnam. Being around environments where a life means nothing can make you grow up real fast.
It wasn't Vietnam
laugh.gif
but you see lots of $!!% and don't think twice about it.

Originally Posted by MECKS

responding to your title,

having a girl come over when i was like... what in 7th grade so.. 13? and getting some oral.
i think after that i just wanted to try and explore everything...
You lost your innocence, but you were lucky
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Watching my best friend lying dead on his porch after being shot by his brother. He was only 14, his brother was 15. RIP Kevin

^
was it an accident? Even then, I bet you realized, that old saying that you need to make the best of what you have with your close ones. I lost my cousin atthat age, but I already lost my innocence by then.

seeing your loved one lay lifeless, then die. it just ##$+!! with my head so much. to this day i'm still not cured. i think i'm at a worse stage rightnow. i started to open up to some drugs to heal the pain. well i haven't gone farther than e. but ciggs have been in daily usage and it's !@#@++ withme. i still smoke that mj though, it helps the most.
feel like everyone around me plays this game like it's nothing.

someday, i just wanna be able to sit down, let reality sit in, and !@#@++ relax in a perfect, at least in a world where i don't need to worry aboutnottthin.
/end vent.

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

seeing your loved one lay lifeless, then die. it just ##$+!! with my head so much. to this day i'm still not cured. i think i'm at a worse stage right now. i started to open up to some drugs to heal the pain. well i haven't gone farther than e. but ciggs have been in daily usage and it's !@#@++ with me. i still smoke that mj though, it helps the most.
feel like everyone around me plays this game like it's nothing.

someday, i just wanna be able to sit down, let reality sit in, and !@#@++ relax in a perfect, at least in a world where i don't need to worry about nottthin.
/end vent.

Real spit its like everybody got they own agenda, and my agenda is searching for something it seems like for ages that I cant find.

When I was about 11 on a sunny Sunday morning I heard the TV on downstairs and my mom and dad's room door cracked. I thought my dad was downstairs fixingbreakfast. Instead with out me knocking I find him in the room with my mom, with her legs wide like a field goal. Hilarious now but that's when i knew thatwhat goes on between a man and a woman just ain't about kissing and puppy love.

I didn't really grow up in the hood, but I wasn't far from it. A lot just seemed normal to me, but didn't really make sense since I was so young,but the one thing I remember vividly is my first time watching new jack city when I was a kid. I realized then and there that those weren't just charactersbut people I see everyday.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Watching my best friend lying dead on his porch after being shot by his brother. He was only 14, his brother was 15. RIP Kevin
damn, background story?

I grew up way too fast. From having my older siblings taking care me when I was a baby, because my parents worked two jobs. To watching my bros sell rocksthroughout my childhood, to my dad passing when I was a freshmen in HS.

op- I went to Allendale, and the same thing happened to my class in the 3rd grade. Life isn't fair
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

damn, background story?

To From Da Town, from by understanding it was an accident. I remember it like it was yesterday. Normally Kevin and his brother Freddie would come over my housefor the weekend. They lived in Harris Homes Projects(in Atlanta, use to be right across from Morehouse stadium). My father sold drugs in the projects. He startto take me over there when I was about 5 years old, you know, to toughin me up. For Kevin, coming to my house was like escaping his nightmare. For Freddie, atfirst it was cool, but as he got older he quickly drifted away to the thug life. Dude start carrying a gun around 10 years old. He was selling drugs, dudeswere shooting at his moms apartment, I mean he really got caught up. He eventually stopped coming over to my house. Kevin and I use to compete with each otherover shoes. Dude use to kill me with the Jr. Seau's, but I had him in everything else. In Feb of 97, the week the French Blue XII's and The Questionsreleased(you'll understand why I had to include this), I chose to go to my middle schools basketball game instead of Harris Home, which normallywould've led to Kevin spending the weekend at my house. The game was on a Saturday afternoon. That morning I went to get the French XII's which weresold out so I copped The Questions. I was so excited to go to Harris Homes Monday to show off. Sunday morning came. After eating breakfast I went to lay down.Within a couple of minutes, I heard my mother running towards my room. She screamed,"Get up, Freddie just shot Kevin." Our ride to the projects wasquiet. We pulled up and saw everyone standing outside. My mother start crying and kicking before we parked. I got out the car, walked up, and saw him laying ina pool of blood. I instantly broke down. My mom kept yelling at me,"you shouldve told someone Freddie had that gun!" I felt horrible, I kind ofblamed myself. My friend Rojaris was in the room with them when it happened. He explained that Freddie was playin with the revolver, pointing it at themtelling them to dance. The gun clicked a few times and then a shot fired. Kevin tried to run downstairs and fell through screen door and landed on the porch.His body laid there for almost 2 hours.

middle school/ jr. high years...guns, drugs, sex and deaths at such a young age
smh.gif

I can still remember the day I heard my dad smashing some random broad while I fell asleep listening to Usher's first CD. Thought cats only did it in themovies until then. Been smashing ever since
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

damn, background story?

To From Da Town, from by understanding it was an accident. I remember it like it was yesterday. Normally Kevin and his brother Freddie would come over my house for the weekend. They lived in Harris Homes Projects(in Atlanta, use to be right across from Morehouse stadium). My father sold drugs in the projects. He start to take me over there when I was about 5 years old, you know, to toughin me up. For Kevin, coming to my house was like escaping his nightmare. For Freddie, at first it was cool, but as he got older he quickly drifted away to the thug life. Dude start carrying a gun around 10 years old. He was selling drugs, dudes were shooting at his moms apartment, I mean he really got caught up. He eventually stopped coming over to my house. Kevin and I use to compete with each other over shoes. Dude use to kill me with the Jr. Seau's, but I had him in everything else. In Feb of 97, the week the French Blue XII's and The Questions released(you'll understand why I had to include this), I chose to go to my middle schools basketball game instead of Harris Home, which normally would've led to Kevin spending the weekend at my house. The game was on a Saturday afternoon. That morning I went to get the French XII's which were sold out so I copped The Questions. I was so excited to go to Harris Homes Monday to show off. Sunday morning came. After eating breakfast I went to lay down. Within a couple of minutes, I heard my mother running towards my room. She screamed,"Get up, Freddie just shot Kevin." Our ride to the projects was quiet. We pulled up and saw everyone standing outside. My mother start crying and kicking before we parked. I got out the car, walked up, and saw him laying in a pool of blood. I instantly broke down. My mom kept yelling at me,"you shouldve told someone Freddie had that gun!" I felt horrible, I kind of blamed myself. My friend Rojaris was in the room with them when it happened. He explained that Freddie was playin with the revolver, pointing it at them telling them to dance. The gun clicked a few times and then a shot fired. Kevin tried to run downstairs and fell through screen door and landed on the porch. His body laid there for almost 2 hours.
that's terrible
ohwell.gif

Some really good and tragic stories in here. You guys afraid to read a little bit of text need to sharpen up
tired.gif

I grew up in the heart of white suburbia, but I definitely paused for a second when my friend had a baby at 15. That just made me wonder what I would do if Iwas a Dad, and it helped me focus. I'm a year from graduating college and the kid I'm talking about is a multiple felon, high school dropout andex/coke fiend... funny, I got in a fight with him this summer and he asked, "why are you trying to make me look so bad as a parent?" Dude all anyoneneeds to do is look at the morning paper to see what kind of dad you are
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom