What in the f word is wrong with my boss

You should ask your Mommy to write you a note to excuse you from work next time.....and after that's done, ask her to change your diaper too.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by Gumbo Jones

cmon b, you nd everyone else in here caring too much about a job that has nothing to do with a legitimate career.
true story...
acting like he's a risk analyst for wells fargo or something...

grin.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Makes thread...expects... yea yea yea your boss is an idiot, why would he send you home!??

got... you're an idiot for calling in the day of work to call off. SMH. And i agree with everyone lmao. if you had a doctors appointment, you are well aware of what date it is. and usually doctors appointments arent the day off. plus having your uncle drive you lmao, did he drop you off to school too?

Originally Posted by ill steelo

laugh.gif
@ yall missing derrty's sarcasm

roll.gif
That's what I'm thinking... haha  I can't believe no one caught that.

Having your mom tell you you have an appt is bad enough, but how did you not know if you had to work or not?

All you guys talking about "it's not that serious" and "it's not a career" ... When he actually does go for a real job who do you think theyre gonna be calling for a reference? Especially when restaurant jobs have a lot to do with interacting with customers, working effectively with others, these are things that translate to the corporate world. He probably doesnt want his boss saying something like "yeah, this clown showed up whenever he wanted, didn't know his schedule, used his mom for lame excuses, etc.". Ya know?

I do think people in this thread are being overly harsh and kinda stupid. Its a ++!* job, so your gonna hve ++!* employees.

Anyway, yea the boss is a ****, but also OP isnt a good employee. Those kind of managers are there for a reason. They arent the best people at their jobs. But OP has to learn how to be more responsible. In the real world he'll have sick days, but still you gotta be on top of when you have to do stuff.

you could of just vented in the thread about nothing. well at least u learned some real life lessons.
sad thing is when i was 21 i probably would of done the same thing.

21 and your mom has to tell you about doctors appointment.

Sounds like someone needs to back away from the boob and grow up.

YOur boss wanted to get rid of you a long time ago. He just patiently waited for the right moment .

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

yall tellin son be professional, he works in a kitchen
laugh.gif
he is not saving lives or doing accounting, this _'s flippin Krabby Patties.

your boss should have told you not to come in instead of waiting for you to get there. wasting your time and his.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yall goin a lil hard
laugh.gif

dude is only 21, thats still a kid in many parents' eyes. They aint gonna stop looking after your best health interests after you cross that age if you don't tell them to stop.

I'd admit the "everyone else does worse" thing might annoy you, and 99 percent of people IN this thread would say that same damn thing in their own field of work if it happened to them so they aint much better. But sometimes you gotta take the L.

I can say I worked in finishline as my first job and sometimes the schedules were posted on a day that you didn't work, so you had to find out through the manager or another employee what time slot you had. So I think its possible to not know your shift.

Also, you should have tried to contact the manager afterwards yourself because how do you know that your co-worker remembered to relay the message? And also if you called, he woulda been able to tell you to not come in.
So as far as he's concerned, its a "no call no show"

I know you 21, but you gotta handle things a little better. Personally, I woulda had to reschedule the Dr's appt. and then that way I can go another day that I don't work, or if I do work, I could let my MGR know WAY in advance.

Sorry OP, welcome to the real world. It's only gonna get nastier from here. And that's not to discourage you either.

^ Co sign on many points there.

I would have called my Manager as soon as I found out and at least left a voicemail. And also speak to an employee for further back up. If the manager said they really needed me to come in or I don't get a reply back, I am rescheduling my check up.

Don't lose any job over a check up bro because best believe that doctor will always have time to take your money.

Son you're 21 and your moms still making doctors appointments for you? Take the advice from the other NTers and take responsibility. I'm sure you could have rescheduled your doctors appointment and if not then Atleast get somebody to cover for you. You're boss did nothing wrong. Coming from an AM I know if I had somebody show up hours late to a shift I would send them home also. You're lucky he wasn't mean and fired you, because at a minimum wage simple job, all workers are disposable.

Came in here expecting to feel you because I have a #$%@ boss too but in your case you're wrong.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

You work 3 hours a day?
eek.gif
Originally Posted by CherryJ23

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Just ask your mom to call your boss and explain what happened.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 This thread is depressingly funny. 

Spoiler [+]
What does depressingly funny even mean??? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Tom Robinson

Son you're 21 and your moms still making doctors appointments for you? Take the advice from the other NTers and take responsibility. I'm sure you could have rescheduled your doctors appointment and if not then Atleast get somebody to cover for you. You're boss did nothing wrong. Coming from an AM I know if I had somebody show up hours late to a shift I would send them home also. You're lucky he wasn't mean and fired you, because at a minimum wage simple job, all workers are disposable.

Dont be hatin because your mom doesnt care about you anymore. My mom's like my secretary 

Originally Posted by blakep267

Dont be hatin because your mom doesnt care about you anymore. My mom's like my secretary 
Does she wipe you with the

300.jpg

After you take a $@++ too?

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by blakep267

Does she wipe you with the

300.jpg

After you take a $@++ too?
why would a secretary do that?

Back
Top Bottom