What is your relationship with your father like?

Lost him in '02 to liver cancer. He was 44, me 11. Didn't register at first, but him and my mother were divorced before I could ever have the "normal" household (mom,dad, and kids). Always a mama's boy. As far as becoming a man, basically lived and learned. Still learning.

Originally Posted by JUSTBLAZE2k7

Originally Posted by ReturnBama

Don't get along, respect his work ethic but that's it.

Very negative person so I pretty much avoid him.
That pretty much wraps it all up for me.

I can't really see myself staying in constant contact with him after I graduate HS in another year.

Thats where I get my confidence from
pimp.gif

My Dad and I get along great. He's for sure one of my best friends. As I've gotten older, he's become less of a Father, and more of a friend. There's still boundaries and such, but he treats me like an adult. So we hang and talk about sports and politics and whatever else there is to talk about. He's a stand up dude for real. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He had a mean jumpshot back in the day too
laugh.gif

Birth to 6th grade = Did all the father son stuff
7th grade to Now = Minimal communication, wassup here and there, and how you doing every so often.
tired.gif

He's the nicest dude ever, but pretty much only to his own. He's always there when if need any help, but isn't constructive... Very passive person, he doesn't really work towards on bettering himself but I still love him regardless. He's getting older now, but I just wish he'd be a little more assertive towards his own life.

Back
Top Bottom