What Jill Scott has to say about interracial couples...

Can we get a list of accomplished black females who have not found a "good black man"?

Based on this thread one can assume that most black women are single?

Originally Posted by SdotRusherz

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

The stigma is white women chase after wealthy black men, but its Women of All races chase after wealthy men.
robin-givens-and-mike-tyson-hugging_src.jpg

/thread.

tandt.jpg

The world would be such a better place if people were color-blind.

Or if we all wore emerald goggles, word to The Wizard of Oz.

she's explaining how seeing black men date white women make her feel.. and what that feeling is based upon -- years and years of ingrained societal pressures and norms of white = right, white = beauty, white = the ideal. Which, by itself is bad enough -- that one particular skin color is the most ideal, but also has a backhanded slap to it as well, which is that black women are the exact opposite of that.
= she's salty. she needs to man up. blackmen can date whoever they want.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

she's explaining how seeing black men date white women make her feel.. and what that feeling is based upon -- years and years of ingrained societal pressures and norms of white = right, white = beauty, white = the ideal. Which, by itself is bad enough -- that one particular skin color is the most ideal, but also has a backhanded slap to it as well, which is that black women are the exact opposite of that.

where did she say they couldn't or even shouldn't

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I know this is all on us, but that's what it sounds like she's implying. Maybe we think she's implying that because we're guilty? Or maybe it's because that's what it actually sounds like...who knows
nerd.gif

i know she's not saying that but its fact that she feels the reason why black dudes think that (white = right)

its like a lot of black women think we're obligated to be with them.

she needs to realize that this isnt the past.

The whole 'white women going to the successful black guy" talk is ridiculous... I know mad broke black dudes with white girls.

Why can't people be in love though?
laugh.gif

Why is there a 15 page thread talking about some fat hippo's opinion?

Maybe if some black girls DIDN'T have nasty ##! attitudes all the time, or have that "can't nobody tell me nothin" mentality, SOME black guys would be in relationships with them.
Not me personally, because I don't look at race... but I have some friends who don't date black girls just based on their attitudes....

The whole 'white women going to the successful black guy" talk is ridiculous... I know mad broke black dudes with white girls.

Why can't people be in love though?
laugh.gif

Why is there a 15 page thread talking about some fat hippo's opinion?

i just heard this yesterday fam.
smh.gif

mad broke bummy dude still rockin girbauds, dreaded up, gold teeth walkin round walmart or the mall with "madison"
laugh.gif
hoppin in the passenger of her 3 series.

1)The whole 'white women going to the successful black guy" talk is ridiculous... I know mad broke black dudes with white girls.

2)Maybe if some black girls DIDN'T have nasty ##! attitudes all the time, or have that "can't nobody tell me nothin" mentality, SOME black guys would be in relationships with them.Not me personally, because I don't look at race...but I have some friends 3) who don't date black girls just based on their attitudes....
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]1) Same thing I thought when I read that.[/color]
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]2) Co-sign.. that loud, "I'm independent..", +%*+ is dead[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]3) [/color]
nerd.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Interracial relationships ftw! [/color]
pimp.gif

But she lets him live rent free and drive her honda (or round here it's a grand am, the tubbles always seem to have grand ams with furry steering wheel covers)
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ Nawth, its mostly the hondas down here in the south.

i be always thinkin why dude never drive
laugh.gif
and whenever they're in a store, he always walks in front of her, leaving her behind
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JDocs

I know this is all on us, but that's what it sounds like she's implying. Maybe we think she's implying that because we're guilty? Or maybe it's because that's what it actually sounds like...who knows
nerd.gif

I just don't see that implication there.

i know she's not saying that but its fact that she feels the reason why black dudes think that (white = right)

I don't exactly follow ...  but if I can take an educated guess  --  you think she's attributing that most black men are seeking white women b/c of the white=right idea, correct?
and that's exactly what she's NOT saying.... she's saying that no one can tell just by first glance....but the "wince" is the reminder that that idea IS indeed there. 

She's not bashing black men -- quite the contrary, she's bashing this country's awful past, and the lingering effects it has on black men today.

nerd.gif

I don't exactly follow ...  but if I can take an educated guess  --  you think she's attributing that most black men are seeking white women b/c of the white=right idea, correct?
and that's exactly what she's NOT saying.... she's saying that no one can tell just by first glance....but the "wince" is the reminder that that idea IS indeed there. 

She's not bashing black men -- quite the contrary, she's bashing this country's awful past, and the lingering effects it has on black men today.

Well put Dirty.

*Lightbulb* Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Was I the only one who didn't get this until now? Alright then, cool, she can wince all she wants
laugh.gif
and she will be doing so for quite a while, so hopefully she can get over that or her life will be rather wince ridden.

If somebody loves you forreal it doesn't matter... I can understand that she's frustrated because if you do truly love your race and your racial identity you don't wish for it to be threatened... but people are going to make decisions based on more than race. Can't hate her for saying whats in her heart though

Frische Produkte wrote:
SdotRusherz wrote:
1)The whole 'white women going to the successful black guy" talk is ridiculous... I know mad broke black dudes with white girls.

2)Maybe if some black girls DIDN'T have nasty ##! attitudes all the time, or have that "can't nobody tell me nothin" mentality, SOME black guys would be in relationships with them. Not me personally, because I don't look at race...but I have some friends 3) who don't date black girls just based on their attitudes....
1) Same thing I thought when I read that.
laugh.gif

2) Co-sign.. that loud, "I'm independent..", +%*+ is dead
3)
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Interracial relationships ftw!
pimp.gif

Agreed with the second whole-heartedly. Couldnt have said that better myself. Black women act as if black men dont want them...its just not black men, its all men, dont make that generalization about "why dont the brothers love me". Stop walking around with that greater then thou im loud, im proud, im strong and indepedent attitude and maybe it would get you somewhere. Point blank, stop walking around like your @##@ dont stink. This isnt all black women, but the majority. Thats why we're having this conversation to begin with. So Jill Scott, @%++ you.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Here we go again with the generalizations...
If there were no generalizations this conversation would have never even started, and that's no fun. Take them for what they are and try and make your points around them.

Ready....FIGHT

Originally Posted by OLD SCHOOL

nerd.gif

Well put Dirty.

Wince? Get over herself. I understood all this when she first said it and I still stand by what I initially said. I am NOT responsible for the fact that you can't get over that. It stings? why? cause something happened in the past like that? just another dramatic outcry for attention with no real way to address it. Shes speaking just to hear herself talk. Fine, speak out if it helps you but you're not proposing anything to change the situation other than think that you're entitled to something. This in essence makes her entire monologue incomplete.

really...I don't understand the palpable anger some of you guys are displaying in reaction to her words.

really...I don't understand the palpable anger some of you guys are displaying in reaction to her words.

Its not just her words.
Its the sentiments of many black women that a brotha has to deal with everytime he is with a light skinned girl.

What may be just "her words" to you are actual experiences to other people.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Wince? Get over herself. I understood all this when she first said it and I still stand by what I initially said. I am NOT responsible for the fact that you can't get over that. It stings? why? cause something happened in the past like that? just another dramatic outcry for attention with no real way to address it. Shes speaking just to hear herself talk. Fine, speak out if it helps you but you're not proposing anything to change the situation other than think that you're entitled to something. This in essence makes her entire monologue incomplete.
What if it's not the past.  What if it's today, she's walking down the street and overhears some group of a certain ethnicity calling the first lady of the United States a "hoodrat" and "ghetto".  Something I've heard and seen alot of over the past year or so.  

Im not going to quote the responses, but IM NOT YOU, exactly.

There's a difference between Black Male NTers just saying they prefer other ethnicities, but when you guys sit here & say all Black women have attitudes is beyond me. Are you telling me that you've dated every Black woman in the world?

And since all Black women DO have "attitudes", what do they have them about? Black men cheating? Black men being lazy? Not working around the house? What? The fact that the divorce rate is so high & they're trying not to make it higher is the problem here?

Black men expect too much out of Black women when they never look within SELF. But I blame it on the ignorance of them & the media, Black women are always portrayed as ghetto, and Black men as big black monkeys. But what if Black women saw you guys as that also? Oh yeah that's right, you'd get you a "snow bunny".

Back
Top Bottom