What kind of cars say "I am well off, but I don't like to brag about it"?

Audi S8 looks boring, but it will beat anything you come across...
audi-s8.jpg

Same 0-60 as a CTS-V

Not as capable around the corners than a CTS-V

Top speed is only 155mph, compared to 198mph in the CTS-V

Borrows its magnetic suspension from GM (manufacturer of the CTS-V)

Costs nearly double the price of a CTS-V

muscle cars, non luxury performance SUV's & trucks.

basically anything utilitarian thats packed with quality functionality, and not fluffy expensive fodder.

more or less the reason i bough a WRX hatch. they will not be making it anymore in states. only hatch for under 30 thats full time awd, manual (5 speed tho >D) and is fun to drive. its so functional tho.

only complaint, i think for the money, they could step up interior quality a bit. and for god sake, sign a contract with bose like mazada for a better sound system :smh:

Damn for real people didn't know m5 is a 100,000+ whip? that's gotta win then. But NT spends way too much time on other people's perceptions.
not for nothing, car manufactors spend millions of dollars doing exactly what we're doing right now, probing demographic and seeing who and how they

wanna market certain cars to.

I heard someone use the phrase "classless cars" once.

Like a vw beetle, or a mustang etc.
A rich person or a regular person could be seen in these types.

But the richest people i know have a mini van and an f150

Also wenever i see an old dude in those little a** cars i assume they got $$$$ lol

Damn for real people didn't know m5 is a 100,000+ whip? that's gotta win then. But NT spends way too much time on other people's perceptions.
man...

My thought process was

3 series - 35k

M3 - 55k

5 series - 55k

M5 - 75k

That's bananas...

I have a newer appreciation for the small sporty whips like a is350 or m3....

I've been on my motorcycle with these, and the c64 AMG...

:wow: :pimp:

But how do larger sporty cars roll? Like an m5 or s63 AMG...?

man...

My thought process was

3 series - 35k

M3 - 55k

5 series - 55k

M5 - 75k

That's bananas...

I have a newer appreciation for the small sporty whips like a is350 or m3....

I've been on my motorcycle with these, and the c64 AMG...

:wow: :pimp:

But how do larger sporty cars roll? Like an m5 or s63 AMG...?

100k? damn didn't kno it was like that. id rather get my dream car, godzilla for that kind of money. less practicality of course but o well.

how are some of ya naive at these car prices? we have car threads almost daily on NT
laugh.gif

this is why i've always been a proponent of American muscle, same performance, WAYYY cheaper maintenance, and in waay less of a MSRP.

and da CTS-V has been da bargin of da century in regards to what you pay and what you get in return.

Not everyone cares that much about cars especially ones they don't like or outside their foreseeable financial future

Yeah i just dont understand how someone can throw down 100k on a car like M5 that looks like a 5 series. That alone would draw me away. If im spending 100k it gotta be a car that you don't see around everyday. 5 series are flooded in these streets.

But than again its their choice. But just my opinion. M5 a nice whip though. One of my favs but not for 100k. 

But I need a Porsche Panamera IDGAFFFFFFF I need that. I'd take a Porsche Cayenne GTS too.

To answer the thread:

I'd say a Range Rover, M3, Cayenne, 

Yeah i just dont understand how someone can throw down 100k on a car like M5 that looks like a 5 series. That alone would draw me away. If im spending 100k it gotta be a car that you don't see around everyday. 5 series are flooded in these streets.
to a trained eye da M5 and da 5 series dont look alike at all.....

facia, pipes, rims, hood, splitter, and most importantly, engine and sound.

this is why da thread title is "im well off but im not bragging" because alot of da "im well off" aspects of what makes a car great is under da hood in performance

specs.

anyone with a benz, bmw or audi station wagon

I think this is spot on...
laugh.gif

Those luxury station wagons = "we're caking enough to afford a luxury ride, but we're getting one that is more practical to our needs as a growing family"...
laugh.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

How did I not think of this....

All Big Luxury Sedans. LX, GL, QX, etc.

R Class.

this is why da thread title is "im well off but im not bragging" because alot of da "im well off" aspects of what makes a car great is under da hood in performance

specs.
True on the last part. But to avg person they look the same.

That M5 sound :x. My God man. I see 2011 F10 M5's going for ~70k, I'd be good with that and a cheap suv for whips.

That M5 sound :x. My God man. I see 2011 F10 M5's going for ~70k, I'd be good with that and a cheap suv for whips.

:x is right.... unless your rocking an aftermarket exhaust that noise is fake engine sound coming from the speakers

Automotive equivalent of faking an orgasm

100% srs... look up BMW "active sound"

Last edited:

:x is right.... unless your rocking an aftermarket exhaust that noise is fake engine sound coming from the speakers

Yeah I really meant the sound on the e60. But the F10 is just too beautiful to me.

it's so obvious in these responses that many of you have not a clue as to what the elite drive.

Mercedes, Lexus, Bmw, Jaguar, Audi, Land Rover, & Cadillac, is what the elite drive and there is nothing humble about them. I think many of you are under the impression that if they aren't driving a Bentley or a Rarri than it's a humble brag.

Last edited:
That looks boring??

Ok.

I actually meant boring in a good way. The S8 is beautiful but the styling is very understated, a sleeper if you will... something that looks like you got money but "don't like to brag about it".

Same 0-60 as a CTS-V

Not as capable around the corners than a CTS-V

Top speed is only 155mph, compared to 198mph in the CTS-V

Borrows its magnetic suspension from GM (manufacturer of the CTS-V)

Costs nearly double the price of a CTS-V

The CTS-V... I'd rather get the wagon since it seems like everyone and literally their mom has the sedan. The couple would be perfect without that fat booty it calls a rear end....

Last edited:
it's so obvious in these responses that many of you have not a clue as to what the elite drive.

Mercedes, Lexus, Bmw, Jaguar, Audi, Land Rover, & Cadillac, is what the elite drive and there is nothing humble about them. I think many of you are under the impression that if they aren't driving a Bentley or a Rarri than it's a humble brag.

You are crazy.
Th sounds in the cabin are dull you can hardly hear it unless im shifting gears fast.
Active sound is awesome but pointless bc u dont even kno it exist while in the car.

The sound on the E60 is murder. Nothin can mess with that m5.
Its a great white on land.
and yeah, the new M5s, you cant even find them used right now. If you do it wont last 5 days.

Only ppl who know how much my ride are car fanatics and old white men.

Ppl downplay the new m5 so much but havent driven one ever. Lol
Its amazing.
Basically a p-car 991 engine in a 5series.
SICK

specs.

I think it depends on who you're trying to show the car off to though. If the person does not have a trained eye, all they're gonna see is the badge, how modern is looks, and maybe how often they see it around.

Back
Top Bottom