What kind of cars say "I am well off, but I don't like to brag about it"?

muscle cars, non luxury performance SUV's & trucks.

basically anything utilitarian thats packed with quality functionality, and not fluffy expensive fodder.
this is a great answer. totally agree.
another great answer. my father owns a red V70 R and that's definitely the vibe that it gives off.
dude i swear that avy of yours makes everything you post hilarious, even when you're not trying. 
laugh.gif

I see you /o/p

10+ year old luxury cars in impeccable condition.

They say.... I choose to drive this because I like it. With annual maintenance costs alone I could afford a nice new car or a totally killer car on lease.... but that's not my style.

Audi A8, Cadillac ETC, Benz W140, BMW E39, BMW E31.....
this man knows. 
pimp.gif
 can't forget that W124

Vovlos as well the e-class wagons you see sprawled around the upper east side for some reason 
laugh.gif

muscle cars, non luxury performance SUV's & trucks.

basically anything utilitarian thats packed with quality functionality, and not fluffy expensive fodder.

Basically. I see so many corporate execs in nice GMC Sierra's and top of the line Ford trucks.

Last edited:
High-end Toyotas and Hondas that are fully-loaded. VW's also fit the bill imo. Acura, Lexus,  Audi, etc are luxury brands that kinda give the connotation that the owner is well-off.

Last edited:
Toyota Avalon. Any luxury brand is saying "I want to brag about it".

Mercedes: "I want to brag about it".
Lexus: "I can pay someone else to brag about it for me."
Acura:"I want to brag just enough to let you know that I can afford more than a Honda"
Audis say "I don't want to brag about it while I'm bragging about it."

That's ********. None of those "say" that based on brand alone. Unless you're just thinking about teenagers who would view any of them as balling and want one just to floss. I've had clients with 7 figure bank accounts and 8 figure net worth who could easily afford cars that were a quarter mil if they wanted to brag about it and drove E-Classes, 5-Series, etc.

Most people that are truly well off don't view a $75k car as bragging in any sense.

my man :lol:

in reality anything new that isn't like a Sentra, Civic, Corolla, etc. can come off like that

people are always asking about my BRZ like it costs $10k more than it really does just because it's a new look and somewhat rare in it's 1st year

this is a great answer. totally agree.
another great answer. my father owns a red V70 R and that's definitely the vibe that it gives off.

dude i swear that avy of yours makes everything you post hilarious, even when you're not trying. :lol:

The quotes didn't carry through, but I agree with the posts you cosigned.

Volvos aren't super flashy or considered to be showy but they can be pretty expensive. My parents have always owned Volvos due to their safety record (at least they were billed as very safe in the 90s and early 00s). So the extra functionality (safety) costs a bit more without bringing a particular amount of acclaim.

I think Superduty Fords and American trucks in general (especially with extra features like extended cabs etc) fit the bill as well. As Ninjahood mentioned, functionality plays a big part. A pickup truck isn't particularly glamorous, but they can get costly especially if you go for extra functionality, whether it be additional HP, lifting the truck up, adding cattle bars, etc.. Point is there are plenty of costly features that can actually come in handy rather than just serving as status symbols.

The same goes for Jeeps - particularly Wranglers. You can sink a bunch of money into them to get dope off-road capabilities.

If I'm gonna sink money into a car later in life when I can afford it, I'm gonna go the Jeep or F250 route. Seems a lot more applicable to my preferred lifestyle than some expensive Beemer, Benz, or Bentley.

Back
Top Bottom