What makes a person "Ghetto"?

Originally Posted by SoFreakinWavy

aint nothing worse than a bougie black person though, yall know who you are

you can try and act you're more intelligent and successful, and look down towards the rest of the black community but when it comes down to it you still a "n word" just like the rest of us

The inferiority complex from which I speak...... You consider yourself to be an N? Then, you say "rest of as" as if it's a curse to be African-American....the term BLACK which I never used was created during slavery and shouldn't be USED PERIOD. You ARE NOT BLACK you're African-American and we come in different shades and hues not just 10-40 BLACK.

That's goes for YELLOW, BROWN, RED and WHITE people too...it's stupid terminology. And can't be conveyed properly which is why each term can be used to hurt someone and NEVER
UPLIFT...it's always used derogatory. Which is why I say African-American

Originally Posted by SoFreakinWavy

aint nothing worse than a bougie black person though, yall know who you are

you can try and act you're more intelligent and successful, and look down towards the rest of the black community but when it comes down to it you still a "n word" just like the rest of us

The inferiority complex from which I speak...... You consider yourself to be an N? Then, you say "rest of as" as if it's a curse to be African-American....the term BLACK which I never used was created during slavery and shouldn't be USED PERIOD. You ARE NOT BLACK you're African-American and we come in different shades and hues not just 10-40 BLACK.

That's goes for YELLOW, BROWN, RED and WHITE people too...it's stupid terminology. And can't be conveyed properly which is why each term can be used to hurt someone and NEVER
UPLIFT...it's always used derogatory. Which is why I say African-American

Originally Posted by JumpMan Jam

a stop reaching vid
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8216843
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's a mentality. I prefer "trash".
There's trash everywhere. White trash. Black trash. Asian trash. Hispanic trash. 

Just the other day I was on the train with 3 white trash kids who were acting like animals. 

It's a mentality. I prefer "trash".
There's trash everywhere. White trash. Black trash. Asian trash. Hispanic trash. 

Just the other day I was on the train with 3 white trash kids who were acting like animals. 

Sir my mom stays in this area because she's a HOME OWNER and she's moving which is why I need the truck.
I sir live 50 miles away in a $250K median community so you can cool it with the failed attempt at reaching for higher hierarchy
with me. Your job, which is at HOME DEPOT in the ghetto is to tell me the requirements of renting a vehicle sir, not what happened
to your trucks Sir, Thank You.
OT.
but I hate it when people use the term sir, when they obviously mean disrespect in their words

Sir my mom stays in this area because she's a HOME OWNER and she's moving which is why I need the truck.
I sir live 50 miles away in a $250K median community so you can cool it with the failed attempt at reaching for higher hierarchy
with me. Your job, which is at HOME DEPOT in the ghetto is to tell me the requirements of renting a vehicle sir, not what happened
OT.
but I hate it when people use the term sir, when they obviously mean disrespect in their words

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

OT.

I was giving him respect as a man while pointing out his flawed perception of superiority.
So you wouldn't have been upset if someone verbal insinuated that you were a thief or somehow
didn't have the requirements to rent a truck from an establishment who he WORKS for in CUSTOMER SERVICE
just because through my dialect it was evident I'm African-American?

So what should I have replaced the "Sir" with?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

OT.

I was giving him respect as a man while pointing out his flawed perception of superiority.
So you wouldn't have been upset if someone verbal insinuated that you were a thief or somehow
didn't have the requirements to rent a truck from an establishment who he WORKS for in CUSTOMER SERVICE

So what should I have replaced the "Sir" with?

use nothing at all.

seems that you weren't giving him respect as a man.
rather you were trying to feign respect by using "sir" while trying to "put him in his place" about his words.

pretty sure an "urban" dialect is not exclusive to Black Americans these days.

and no... I wouldn't be insulted, b/c I probably wouldn't have interpreted his words as personal insults
I would have assumed that he's experienced negative situations in the past(eg, stolen vans and/or disruptive customers not knowing the rules) and was making sure that anyone coming in had the proper credentials to rent a van.

use nothing at all.

seems that you weren't giving him respect as a man.
rather you were trying to feign respect by using "sir" while trying to "put him in his place" about his words.

pretty sure an "urban" dialect is not exclusive to Black Americans these days.

and no... I wouldn't be insulted, b/c I probably wouldn't have interpreted his words as personal insults
I would have assumed that he's experienced negative situations in the past(eg, stolen vans and/or disruptive customers not knowing the rules) and was making sure that anyone coming in had the proper credentials to rent a van.

Eatin top ramen faithfully, cereal n water. Duck tape on the whip. Ain't got nutting 2 do with skin color fam.

Eatin top ramen faithfully, cereal n water. Duck tape on the whip. Ain't got nutting 2 do with skin color fam.

Back
Top Bottom